Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solution: How to fix stuttering in the Syria map.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know why flying low over any of the big cities in the Syria map causes audio stutter with no loss in FPS however.

Comment

Any updates on this issue?

Comment

Today I bought the Syria terrain and I think it looks Lovely. It mixes all the best values of Persia, Nevada and finally Caucasus maps.

ED, please do something to get rid of this bloody stuttering and low performance
        Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti 11 GB | 16 GB DDR4@4200MHz | HP Reverb | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 150%
        sigpic

Comment

I have my settings posted in the screenshots here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3312656/

I have no stuttering on Syria with my 1080Ti. I hope this helps.
          ----------------------

Modules: Nevada, Caucasus, Su-25T, F-16C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf, TF-51D, Syria, Open Beta
          140GB of goodness, and counting.

Comment

Link is pointigt to DCS user files page. No settings or I am blind
            Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti 11 GB | 16 GB DDR4@4200MHz | HP Reverb | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 150%
            sigpic

Comment

Yep, I know I've not got a very powerful pc by today's standards (i7-6700k, 16bg ram, gtx970) and I know the syria map is pretty beautiful but this map is absolutely unplayable for me with all the stutters while the persian gulf runs flawlessly. It's really not an fps issue I think, just the stutters...
              Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Comment

The map was nearly unplayable for me until I changed the terrain textures to "low" and reduced tree visibility to 50%. It looks much worse this way, but that's just about the only thing that can get my RAM usage to below 99% (I have 16 GB of DDR4, need to upgrade to 32 GB).
                DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Comment

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post
                  The team is looking at more optimisation for Syria,

the sweet spot for GPU Ram (VRAM) seems to be 6.8GB, the team are looking into reducing that.

thanks
                  BIGNEWY

Could you expound on that. I'm running a 2080ti in VR, and pretty much the memory gets eaten 100% regardless of the map it uses 11gb VRAM. Regular Ram usage does vary somewhat. I've got 80gb, but I've never seen DCS take more than 32, which makes me think its a hard-coded limit. Also do you guys use memory compression techniques?
                  New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                  Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Comment

Originally posted by Harlikwin View Post

BIGNEWY

Could you expound on that. I'm running a 2080ti in VR, and pretty much the memory gets eaten 100% regardless of the map it uses 11gb VRAM. Regular Ram usage does vary somewhat. I've got 80gb, but I've never seen DCS take more than 32, which makes me think its a hard-coded limit. Also do you guys use memory compression techniques?
                    Sorry I don't know the answer, my comment was made after reading a dev report, I am chasing up the optimisation work being done but I can not give a timeline currently.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
                    Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

Comment

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post

Sorry I don't know the answer, my comment was made after reading a dev report, I am chasing up the optimisation work being done but I can not give a timeline currently.

thanks
                      BIGNEWY

If you are following up on that, I would love to know if the 32gig ram thing is a conveniently hardcoded limit. Or if performance could be improved with more RAM. I.e. if you guys are compressing stuff, that eats CPU/GPU cycles and if you didn't have to then it could help performance for the handful of people with more RAM.
                      New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                      Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Comment

Working...
                      X