Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ NOT A BUG- USER ERROR] Snakeyes land long

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [ NOT A BUG- USER ERROR] Snakeyes land long

    I find that Snakeyes in CCIP always go long, contrary to the slicks in CCRP that are very accurate.

    Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSpeIynL1Lc

    Always aiming at the first dark truck under the pipper. Tried throughout the speed envelope, at 500, 450, 400 and 360 KCAS.

    Track also attached.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

    #2
    Originally posted by escaner View Post
    I find that Snakeyes in CCIP always go long, contrary to the slicks in CCRP that are very accurate.

    Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSpeIynL1Lc

    Always aiming at the first dark truck under the pipper. Tried throughout the speed envelope, at 500, 450, 400 and 360 KCAS.

    Track also attached.
    I'm sorry, but watching your video in slow motion, it appears that you are pressing the trigger when the CCIP cue is past the target (klong noise at release).
    You have to prepare to press the trigger just as the cue reaches the target.

    Maybe there is room for improvement, but it's doable.

    This isn't perfect text book release, this was a video for someone who couldn't release at all in CCIP. But I do get some hits.

    Mirage fanatic !
    I7 7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go 2400 Hz/ SSD Samsung 850 EVO/ TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD base + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S
    M-2000C X-55 VR profile
    M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation
    Flickr gallery:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

    Comment


      #3
      Jojo, I press the trigger when the pipper is over the target, not 25 meters past it where the bombs explode.


      I am sorry, but in your video it is impossible to even see where your bomb goes or what you are hitting. There are a couple of messages that you destroyed something, but when you drop a bomb on a row of vehicles it can hit any of them, not necessary the one you are aiming at, that is not a valid proof of precision nor imprecision.


      I also see that some of your drops have a break X in the HUD, which means that you are out of the attack envelope.
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by escaner View Post
        Jojo, I press the trigger when the pipper is over the target, not 25 meters past it where the bombs explode.


        I am sorry, but in your video it is impossible to even see where your bomb goes or what you are hitting. There are a couple of messages that you destroyed something, but when you drop a bomb on a row of vehicles it can hit any of them, not necessary the one you are aiming at, that is not a valid proof of precision nor imprecision.


        I also see that some of your drops have a break X in the HUD, which means that you are out of the attack envelope.
        I'm dropping the bombs in pairs and I'm targeting individual trucks.

        Do as I said, play you video at x0.5, and you will hear the release sound past the target. At least for the last attack run we can hear the release.


        The X appears past 520kt, and I don't care since it's a bug.

        That symbol should be for a "too close" (risk of going through fragmentation enveloppe), not for too fast.
        Attached Files
        Last edited 10-11-2020, 07:14 PM.
        Mirage fanatic !
        I7 7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go 2400 Hz/ SSD Samsung 850 EVO/ TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD base + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S
        M-2000C X-55 VR profile
        M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation
        Flickr gallery:
        https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

        Comment


          #5
          I have recorded another video with a mic next to the trigger, it can be heard when it is depressed.

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKIAxFKYbTQ

          Snapshot of the video at the frame closest to the trigger sound, with the pipper perfectly on the target:





          60 ms after the trigger is depressed, the pipper disappears.

          The bomb does not land where the pipper was when I depressed the trigger, not even close to where the pipper was when it disappeared (which could be acceptable). This is not a problem of pickling a few milliseconds before or after, it is way beyond that. it lands more than 100m beyond the target, in his picture of Tacview, it shows 339 ft of distance about to touch ground.

          Attached Files
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            I did a lot of practise CCIP bombing a few nights ago and had the same experience. Using a dive (everything from 20-45deg) the bombs frequently landed long. Flying the Hornet or Viper the bombs usually land bang on target.

            It can ofc. be user error, but I got a feeling that M2000C CCIP pared with 82SE is off and not very precise. I have no data for those runs, but that was my assessment afterwards.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by escaner View Post
              I have recorded another video with a mic next to the trigger, it can be heard when it is depressed.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKIAxFKYbTQ

              Snapshot of the video at the frame closest to the trigger sound, with the pipper perfectly on the target:

              60 ms after the trigger is depressed, the pipper disappears.

              The bomb does not land where the pipper was when I depressed the trigger, not even close to where the pipper was when it disappeared (which could be acceptable). This is not a problem of pickling a few milliseconds before or after, it is way beyond that. it lands more than 100m beyond the target, in his picture of Tacview, it shows 339 ft of distance about to touch ground.
              Well done.

              Then the problem is the delay between the trigger press and the bomb release, and this is the module.
              Mirage fanatic !
              I7 7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go 2400 Hz/ SSD Samsung 850 EVO/ TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD base + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S
              M-2000C X-55 VR profile
              M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation
              Flickr gallery:
              https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jojo View Post
                Well done.

                Then the problem is the delay between the trigger press and the bomb release, and this is the module.
                Most likely yes.

                @ escaner

                Can you record another video with trigger press sound in external F2 view? Would be interesting to see the delay between you pulling the trigger and the bomb release.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Guys, a 25m error is within the weapon's CEP.
                  A GBU-12 has a 10m accuracy. So don't expect a dumb bomb to be that close.
                  This is the reason why you usually use "carpet bombing" with bumb bombs, and make sure that you target's characteristics are compatible with your weapon.
                  Cluster bomb is the weapon of choice for vehicles and troops in the open.
                  Keep Mk-82 for buildings... And buildings that are large enough to make sure that a 25m error is still within the target!

                  Overall, this discussion is not about the game's limitation, but should be seen as a thought on how to best employ my weapons in regards to their limitations. This is called "targeting"... And this is part of the job!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yes, but the fact that the error is same each time means that there is a bug with the system. If the error was random I would agree with you .
                    Helljumper - M2000C Guru

                    Helljumper's Youtube
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Габихан View Post
                      Guys, a 25m error is within the weapon's CEP.

                      IS IT OVER 100 METERS IN ERROR, LOOK AT THE TACVIEW SCREENSHOT
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by myHelljumper View Post
                        Yes, but the fact that the error is same each time means that there is a bug with the system. If the error was random I would agree with you .
                        Nope. Time from trigger pull to bomb release is not accounted for on the CCIP pipper. You guys doing straight and level attacks on pinpoint targets with SEs is wrong. Only situation this is used IRL is when youre taking out a row of targets or a runway, the rest of the time you will be in a 30 degreee dive or greater.
                        Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

                        — Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Keep on complaining, this is how improvements show up out of thin air...
                          Previous posts are about a 25m error.
                          At 540kt, a 100m error is an error of 1/3 of a second on trigger press.
                          Add on aiming error (parallax), radar range measurment error, ballistic uncertainty (Mk-82 bodies have lots of differences between different lots), pilot's movements between trigger press and bomb release, wind shears, etc...
                          I have pretty decent results with M2k in CCIP, so maybe you are looking on the wrong direction. Just saying...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by RAZBAM_ELMO View Post
                            Nope. Time from trigger pull to bomb release is not accounted for on the CCIP pipper. You guys doing straight and level attacks on pinpoint targets with SEs is wrong. Only situation this is used IRL is when youre taking out a row of targets or a runway, the rest of the time you will be in a 30 degreee dive or greater.

                            I already said that it is not a problem of the bomb releasing 60 ms after the trigger depress. At 500 KT that accounts for is: 500NM/h * 0.06s / ( 3600s/h ) * 1852 m/NM = 15.4m. Not 100m


                            About the tactics, low level attacks with retarded bombs is a very common way to employ those bombs. Obviously not the most accurate, but neither this inaccurate.



                            Eg a Harrier doing it. Not a row of vehicles nor a runway. "User error", right:



                            https://youtu.be/TIvAHs25epQ?t=484
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I had the same accuracy issues in a dive. Everything from 20-45deg. But I have no data to support it. There has been reports on the M2000C CCIP before, so It might be worth investigating.

                              @ escaner maybe you should record a video with release in a dive?

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by RAZBAM_ELMO View Post
                                Nope. Time from trigger pull to bomb release is not accounted for on the CCIP pipper. You guys doing straight and level attacks on pinpoint targets with SEs is wrong. Only situation this is used IRL is when youre taking out a row of targets or a runway, the rest of the time you will be in a 30 degreee dive or greater.
                                NO.

                                CCIP on Mirage 2000 isn't meant to be use in dive.
                                There are some missing symbology in the HUD to help the pilot to fly level.
                                Mirage fanatic !
                                I7 7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go 2400 Hz/ SSD Samsung 850 EVO/ TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD base + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S
                                M-2000C X-55 VR profile
                                M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation
                                Flickr gallery:
                                https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by jojo View Post
                                  NO.

                                  CCIP on Mirage 2000 isn't meant to be use in dive.
                                  There are some missing symbology in the HUD to help the pilot to fly level.
                                  For reference.

                                  DCS: M2000C official manual (DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf) clearly states that CCIP is used in a dive.



                                  From Page 281

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    I might be wrong but I think the key point here is the delivery of snake eye bombs.
                                    3rd Wing | 4/33 Vexin * VK-94
                                    A furore Normannorum, libera nos Domine

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by jojo View Post
                                      NO.

                                      CCIP on Mirage 2000 isn't meant to be use in dive.
                                      There are some missing symbology in the HUD to help the pilot to fly level.
                                      Hello, i am a former developper of real M2000.
                                      And i confirm the explanation of Jojo.

                                      CCPI display a pipper forward the real point. To do that, SNA use a droping date delayed to XX ms (classified data). This delay include :
                                      - Fixe time (include response time of pilot to press BRM)
                                      - Transit information time (time to compute and transfert fire order to BIA)
                                      - Separation time

                                      So, when pilot press BRM, (he need to hold it), the SNA compute the "date of release" taking into account the position of CCPI pipper.
                                      During this time, pilote need to maintain the same trajectory to perform release.

                                      When aircraft is on position to drop bomb on good position, SNA send fire-order.

                                      It will be important to hold BRM to be sure BIA do not refuse the drop, also fire order is received (BIA check that BRM, and MASTER ARM are in good position when fire order is received).
                                      Last edited 10-14-2020, 11:03 AM.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by Schmidtfire View Post
                                        For reference.

                                        DCS: M2000C official manual (DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf) clearly states that CCIP is used in a dive.



                                        From Page 281
                                        I know. And how practical is it ?
                                        You're even more exposed in that kind of attack run.
                                        All the point of high drag bomb is to increase time between bomb separation and impact to give time to the aircraft to leave the bomb blast area.

                                        If you dive, you should better use free fall bombs, you would release from further away.

                                        During Desert Storm, French Jaguar A attacked Al Jaber air base in Kuwait.
                                        They were flying so low they had to climb up for bombs arming delay. (High drag SAMP 250kg and BLG-66 IZ).
                                        They released in level flight.
                                        During Ouadi Doum raid in Northern Chad it was the same.

                                        There was a time when AdA used to perform firing demonstrations for high rank officials.
                                        These videos are old and difficult to find. But even the Mirage 2000N were releasing high drag bombs in low altitude level flight.
                                        Mirage fanatic !
                                        I7 7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go 2400 Hz/ SSD Samsung 850 EVO/ TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD base + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S
                                        M-2000C X-55 VR profile
                                        M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation
                                        Flickr gallery:
                                        https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X