HUD speed positioning after touchdown

Kercheiz

In APP mode, the IAS is positioned properly at mid-height so that it stays visible even with raised seat, this is perfect.

However, as soon as wheels touch the runway, the HUD goes to ground mode, and the speed is re positioned to the top of the HUD. If your seat is raised, you can't see it.

Raising the seat is very useful for landing, as otherwise your target AoA goes at the lower limit, or even sometimes below the visible part of the HUD. But as soon as you touch you can't see your speed which is a big problem.

Your thoughts?

In APP mode, the IAS is positioned properly at mid-height so that it stays visible even with raised seat, this is perfect.

However, as soon as wheels touch the runway, the HUD goes to ground mode, and the speed is re positioned to the top of the HUD. If your seat is raised, you can't see it.

Raising the seat is very useful for landing, as otherwise your target AoA goes at the lower limit, or even sometimes below the visible part of the HUD. But as soon as you touch you can't see your speed which is a big problem.

Your thoughts?

IIRC the APP mode is disabled when the front gear is touching the ground, I don't know if it's realistic, but I binded the seat up and down buttons to the flap switch on my Warthog throttle so it does not bother me.

Wouldn't hurt to ask the SME how it is IRL tho :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Your thoughts?

I think got this picture here, extracted from Mirage 2000 EG landing video.

You can see that at some point, the speed indication jumps up.

approach.thumb.jpg.d37887faaa5b7f61194e31c1a43922cd.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi