Very low radar detection range

SilverSho0t

Hello,

I just made some test because since I restarted to play the mirage 2000c in multiplayer I can't get any contact with my radar or very few. (I've played it since the release and didn't played it a lot since 1-2 years.)

So I made a test in the editor, I've put an F16 right in front of me (same altitude, 20k ft) starting 80nm away from each other.

And what I found is very strange, the F16 can start launching its missiles even before I can see it in my radar. I finally detected it at 23nm. This is normal? The F16 is as stealthy as that?

Edited by SilverSho0t

You have to set your scan elevation.

You can use min/ max (x1000ft) next to radar cursor.

Big bombers can be detected head on close to 80Nm.

Flanker at 47Nm.

A little bit less for smaller fighters.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I'd be interested to know of ways to improve detection, other than point craft toward possible target. I've sometimes had friendly and enemy craft not detect less than 15nm away. Almost appears random and not related to low flight through mountains.

I'd be interested to know of ways to improve detection, other than point craft toward possible target. I've sometimes had friendly and enemy craft not detect less than 15nm away. Almost appears random and not related to low flight through mountains.

With the radar scanning 4 lines, it's covering vertically 32 000ft at 40Nm, 16 000ft at 20Nm.

I would say 12 000ft at 15Nm.

So the closer, the easier it is to have a contact outside vertical scan zone.

SO you have to adjust your radar elevation.

Then "cold" targets (tail aspect) are detected much closer than "hot" targets (nose aspect).

But really it's the same thing most radar equipped fighters...there is nothing much you can do about it.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I often decrease my sweep to 60 degrees and use 2 bar instead of 4.

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Plus the Viper has one of the lowest RCS in the game, which is realistic.

Try it vs the flying tennis court flankers or F14 or eagle.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Also, getting below them will boost detection range

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg