RWR update

Zeus67

The RWR has been updated. It now works as closely as possible to the real device.

The RWR identification codes have changed as well as the sound warnings.

Attached you will find the RWR code library

M-2000C RWR Threat Codes.pdf

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Awesome work! Do you guys have any intention of fixing the whole magic RWR issue of it being like perfectly accurate?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

You are to be congratulated for the excellent work on the Mirage 2000C. I'm looking forward to updating the internal and external sound.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Great work :thumbup:

- Will the .lua modification pass integrity check ?

- Why KJ-2000 symbol Q is common with JF-17 instead of ° for AWACS ?

- SA-2 is missing and "2" is used by SA-12 not available in game.

- SA-3 is missing (easy, "3" isn't used :D)

- Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, there isn't much difference between Tornado IDS (B) and Tornado GR4 (T) radars.

KJ-2000

KJ2000_at_2014_Zhuhai_Air_Show.jpg

Thanks

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Merci beaucoup !

Thanks for keeping working on 2000, so exciting and challenging in BVR vs Fox3-trucks :pilotfly:

Edited by Wagner

Win10 64 / Intel Core i5-9400F/ 32Go RAM / GeForce GTX 2070s / HOTAS Warthog

french speaking here...

Callsign ZeeWag on DCS

Callsign "Wagner" since 1998 (Falcon 4.0, Longbow II...)

between Tornado IDS (B) and Tornado GR4 (T) radars.

I'm wondering the same. AFAIK they have the exact same radar. The GR.4 is just a modernised baseline IDS (GR.1), but a better radar wasn't part of the upgrade AFAIK. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the realism! My head will hurt working that out after years with the standard, but i believe 'breaking the mold' is commendable and the Mirage has truly become a thing of beauty since we first recieved it!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 weeks later...

Well there are small differences between the Su-27S and MiG-29A/S radars. Not a lot, but some. If that is enough to distinguish IRL with M2000C I don't know. Its sikrit ;)

But, if this is based on the AdA input in 2020 I guess the radars on Su-27SM2 and Su-27SM3 would be very different beasts from old MiG-29A/S. Making it easier to distinguish between Su and MiG. Threat library tends to be upgraded with time and I guess that is also true for M2000C RWR.

differences are not small, Migs and Flankers don't share radars

two completely different radars of different class, from two different manufacturers (rivals at that time)

but they operate in similar frequencies - similar enough for highly sophisticated western RWRs like ALR-56 to not tell one from another

but third party developers think otherwise ... I remember Gazelle could tell a 33 from 27 even though they share same radar, lol

p.s.: Su-27, Su-27SM, Su-27SM3 (what's Su-27SM2 btw?) share same radar - N001, the latter flankers have a slightly updated version with A-G modes (N001VEP), but signal power, processor and antenna are still same

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Su-27SM2 uses Irbis-E radar. N036. Don’t know about the SM3 radar.

But yes, you are most likely right that it would be difficult to distinguish, at least comparing the Su-27S, MiG-29A/S and Su-33.

Again secret tech... I would not be surprised if IRL Su-27SM2 and SM3 are detected as Sukhoi and older Su-27S identified as MiG ;)

jesus...where did you get this ...

the only plane that uses Irbis-E is Su-35S, and it's N035

The internets :D

Seems like Irbis-E was at least flight tested on Su-27SM2. Other ”sources” claim SM2 and SM3 uses it:

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/capabilities-of-the-su-27sm2-sm3-the-enhanced-flanker-forming-the-backbone-of-russia-s-fighter-fleet

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-27

https://www.google.se/amp/s/nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/russias-new-su-35s-fighter-really-better-old-su-27-81146%3famp

Rift S too.

I would say that the problem isn't that much between F-16 and AWACS, but between F-16 and F/A-18A.

These symbols: */ °/ . are quite smalls compared to the letters.

Maybe their size could be increased to allow better readability :smartass:

(zoomed view)

I started to edit the SERVAL library by the way, clockwise from the left:

- E-3

- Tomcat

- F-16CM50

- SA-2

- SA-3

- KJ-2000

- F/A-18A

- Tornado GR4

- E-2D

SA-2 and SA-3 being displayed as U is a problem. But since FA-18C can identify these SAM, there is probably a solution :smilewink:

We need the Chinese HQ-7 too.

Screen_200926_133900.thumb.png.8317416950132bd880c91b9b2ace579d.png

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Wow, this is going to take some getting used to.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria