Mirage Keybind addition/fixes for 2.0 Patch

Rlaxoxo

Thanks!!

Was just flying the Mirage and had like 6 or 8 red lines again.. radar range, etc... losing bindings etc...

/edit..

Had to rework a few key assignments and change m Hotas setup, but wow!!!.. finally I can make this jet work for me!

I must say that as far as these key assignments go I was pretty disappointed with this patch. Thank You!

Edited by Koriel
Wanted to express my thanks to Rlaxoxo

Thanks!!

Was just flying the Mirage and had like 6 or 8 red lines again.. radar range, etc... losing bindings etc...

/edit..

Had to rework a few key assignments and change m Hotas setup, but wow!!!.. finally I can make this jet work for me!

I must say that as far as these key assignments go I was pretty disappointed with this patch. Thank You!

Glad it worked, hf man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Since we got no love from RAZBAM or ED on the key bind front, I'm trying to edit some of your code. I use a pulsed input toggle switch to operate some switches in my pit. The switch i use in my pit for every aircraft master battery is connected to a desktop aviator 2235 board which sends a pulse when you flip the switch which allows me a toggle feature, which comes in handy. For example your coding for the master battery requires you to have two buttons programmed to turn it on and off. i've tried editing your lua but when i flip the switch in my pit it turns the switch on then off in the sim.....i know that sounds confusing but its avoiding me how to get this thing to work right. i have been editing luas for a while now for key bind issues but this one is stumping me. here is my code i'm using....i changed it to have value=up 1 after the cockpit device id:

{down = 3520, up = 3520, cockpit_device_id = 8, value_up= 1, value_down= 0, name = "Custom - Engine - Main Battery Switch Toggle", category = "Engine"},

taken from your code:

{down = 3520, up = 3520, cockpit_device_id = 8, value_down= 0, name = "Custom - Engine - Main Battery Switch Off", category = "Engine"},
{down = 3520, up = 3520, cockpit_device_id = 8, value_down= 1, name = "Custom - Engine - Main Battery Switch On", category = "Engine"},

any insight would be greatful

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Since we got no love from RAZBAM or ED on the key bind front, I'm trying to edit some of your code. I use a pulsed input toggle switch to operate some switches in my pit. The switch i use in my pit for every aircraft master battery is connected to a desktop aviator 2235 board which sends a pulse when you flip the switch which allows me a toggle feature, which comes in handy. For example your coding for the master battery requires you to have two buttons programmed to turn it on and off. i've tried editing your lua but when i flip the switch in my pit it turns the switch on then off in the sim.....i know that sounds confusing but its avoiding me how to get this thing to work right. i have been editing luas for a while now for key bind issues but this one is stumping me. here is my code i'm using....i changed it to have value=up 1 after the cockpit device id:

{down = 3520, up = 3520, cockpit_device_id = 8, value_up= 1, value_down= 0, name = "Custom - Engine - Main Battery Switch Toggle", category = "Engine"},

taken from your code:

{down = 3520, up = 3520, cockpit_device_id = 8, value_down= 0, name = "Custom - Engine - Main Battery Switch Off", category = "Engine"},
{down = 3520, up = 3520, cockpit_device_id = 8, value_down= 1, name = "Custom - Engine - Main Battery Switch On", category = "Engine"},

any insight would be greatful

Well basically if you want to make a toggle bind you would need a name of the bind function of that would always change the value by 1 step.

I haven't really bothered to look deeper into this since I usually use On/Off switches so I just manually change the value instead of calling the function

But basically it would look like this

{down = iCommandplaneBattery, name = "Custom - Engine - Main Battery Switch Off", category = "Engine"},

Now I don't know the function to this so it won't work unless you get the right function name but ya

Every time you press the button it would make it go up and down with the same press

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I've had no luck with getting switches to toggle in the mirage. One of my panels uses single state switches and the other uses a pulse each time a switch is thrown.

I've taken a look at other aircraft lua files that have toggle functions and I'm not sure what makes them work. Probably something in the clickabledata.lua.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I personally thank you for your help and will check your silution for merging with our project.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

i've browsed the clickabledata.lua file and see where you got the information for this particular binding. It identifies these as ,devices.PWRPNL, device_commands.Button_520, and the operation is a default_two_position_tumb. I have even tried changing this to a default_button and adding the appropriate statements to the end of the code state but this renders it inoperative. As with the A10C......the down = iCommand%@$^%&, functions are way easier to adjust for toggles than the code in the M2000 default .lua. I'll keep hacking at it and if i Find the solution (Deezle) ill let you guys know. I'm not very optimistic however as i've seen some of your work Deezle and it seems you have your head around it a little better than mine.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

got it!!!!

{down = iCommandBatteryPower, name = _('Toggle Main Battery On/Off'), category = _('Systems')},

will try to add the other switches for this toggle function and report back.

got it!!!!

{down = iCommandBatteryPower, name = _('Toggle Main Battery On/Off'), category = _('Systems')},

will try to add the other switches for this toggle function and report back.

Bro that was just a guess I don't know how the function is called it wont work

I just showed an example : P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Bro......I didn't use your guess, i simply fixed something that was already there. the keyboard LCtrl + LShft + B works the switch. i found it in the keyboards default lua and made the correction to the joystick default lua and bam it works as intended. as far as reporting back, trying to add other switches with the "toggle" feature (ie Electric Transfer switch, Alternator 1 and 2, Hydraulic Emergency Pump, etc) is the issue that stands. im trying a few different things but they aren't showing up in the options controls menu after i implement them. still trying though. Heres an example code

{down = device_commands.Button_520, up = device_commands.Button_520, cockpit_device_id = devices.PWRPNL, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('Main Battery Switch Toggle'), category = _('Engine')},

using steps from this thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226&page=17

Bro......I didn't use your guess, i simply fixed something that was already there. the keyboard LCtrl + LShft + B works the switch. i found it in the keyboards default lua and made the correction to the joystick default lua and bam it works as intended. as far as reporting back, trying to add other switches with the "toggle" feature (ie Electric Transfer switch, Alternator 1 and 2, Hydraulic Emergency Pump, etc) is the issue that stands. im trying a few different things but they aren't showing up in the options controls menu after i implement them. still trying though. Heres an example code

{down = device_commands.Button_520, up = device_commands.Button_520, cockpit_device_id = devices.PWRPNL, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('Main Battery Switch Toggle'), category = _('Engine')},

using steps from this thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226&page=17

Oh lol ... sorry misunderstanding

Thought you just saw my line of code and said "THX GONNA TRY THIS"

didn't even think it trough xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

No problem man....im grateful that you took the time to add the commands in the first place.....just trying to get it to work in my sim pit.

key bindings showing up in red is completly random!

out of nowhere, today "TDC down" was in red. I applied the fix, but I don't like to reassign so many bindings. I did run a repair, orginal kebindings restored. But now, TDC is working, but this time cockpit illumination is highlighted in red...

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

key bindings showing up in red is completly random!

out of nowhere, today "TDC down" was in red. I applied the fix, but I don't like to reassign so many bindings. I did run a repair, orginal kebindings restored. But now, TDC is working, but this time cockpit illumination is highlighted in red...

Before you use this file, you must delete, teh old file, then start DCS up, close it down again and now use the new files, and Bingo :thumbup:

Everytime there is an update this these files will be overwrithen, so you better save em for further use

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

A quick question: Is there a way to get a "FBW Limiter A/A hold" function?

Because now with the A/G hold flipping the switch up on my Warthog throttle flips the switch down in the cockpit which triggers my OCD. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

A quick question: Is there a way to get a "FBW Limiter A/A hold" function?

Because now with the A/G hold flipping the switch up on my Warthog throttle flips the switch down in the cockpit which triggers my OCD. ;)

value_up = 1, value_down = 0

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Well, based on Rlaxoxo works, i made my own totally reworked key mapping for the Mirage 2000. Some will like, other will dislike. Anyway, this is not perfect...

Visble part:

- Default key mapping almost totally reworked to better fit with the standard DCS's philosophy.

- Deleting numerous unused or unimplemented commands (it's more clear now)

- "HOTAS" and "Armement Panel PCA" categories deleted: commands now sorted between "Weapons", "Modes", "Sensors" and "Systems" categories (i know this is blasphemy, but: THIS IS SPARTA ! (sorry but this is way more clear to me)).

- Better internationalization support.

- Some "Cockpit Device" commands added.

- Some command's name, renamed

Invisible part:

- Deleting numerous of doubled commands

- Deleting numerous unused or unimplemented commands

- Some unimplemented commands are commented (they should be implemented)

- Some comments in files to help Razbam if that interests him

Note: Default "old" mapping saved in archive with ".old" extension.

Note 2: In order, to prevent conflits and stranges behaviors: delete your <user folder>\Saved Games\DCS<anything>\Config\Input\M-2000C\keyboard\Keyboard.diff.lua

Enjoy (or not) JSGME compatible:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=133475&stc=1&d=1453592779

Beta M-2000C - Input Fix.zip

Edited by sedenion

value_up = 1, value_down = 0

Yeah I tried that but it doesn't work. The keybind doesn't work at all with this setting.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Yeah I tried that but it doesn't work. The keybind doesn't work at all with this setting.

Works for me. You are doing something wrong. I actually changed many of my keybindings this way so the switch in my HOTAS throttle turns the same direction.

Edited by Jansgi

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Works for me. You are doing something wrong. I actually changed many of my keybindings this way so the switch in my HOTAS throttle turns the same direction.

Ok I was stupid, had to re-assign the button after changing the values obviously. It works now, thank you.

Well, based on Rlaxoxo works, i made my own totally reworked key mapping for the Mirage 2000. Some will like, other will dislike. Anyway, this is not perfect...

These look very well sorted, finally the control setup starts to make sense. :) If I had one suggestion, I'd create a seperate 'Lights' category so 'Systems' isn't that crowded.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

These look very well sorted, finally the control setup starts to make sense. :) If I had one suggestion, I'd create a seperate 'Lights' category so 'Systems' isn't that crowded.

Thanks for sharing!

True that these lights take an enormous place....

New version with "Engine Control Panel" and "Illumination" categories (both are standard i18n):

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.ph...1&d=1453044769

Edited by sedenion