Some Training and SP missions "broken" after recent update (?)

Mezsh

I've been having problems in the last few days with some Harrier training missions (For example, the main Carrier Ops mission) and some of my own SP missions. They were working fine a couple of weeks ago, so I can only assume it's due to a recent update. What happens is that I load the mission, click "Fly", but when I do, the mission starts, but it's in F10 map view and I can't get into the cockpit. I read on another thread that this has been common in MP for a while and the workaround is to click "esc", then select spectator, try cycling those a couple of times, then re-selecting the Harrier. I've tried this with the training missions/SP missions, but when you press "esc", there's no option to select different views or units. Can anybody help? thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I just tried this mission today (1/16) and had the same result. Luckily the air start sub parts work okay. BD you have really done some outstanding work! Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...

If you don't spawn in the cockpit open the mission in Mission Editor, select your plane and check if SKILL is set to PLAYER. Even if it's set to PLAYER change it to something different and back again to PLAYER. Now save the mission and you will spawn in the cockpit. I fixed 2 missions yesterday using this method. You can edit all type of missions - quick, single and campaign.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

• 1 month later...
If you don't spawn in the cockpit open the mission in Mission Editor, select your plane and check if SKILL is set to PLAYER. Even if it's set to PLAYER change it to something different and back again to PLAYER. Now save the mission and you will spawn in the cockpit. I fixed 2 missions yesterday using this method. You can edit all type of missions - quick, single and campaign.

I have just purchased the Harrier so working through the missions.

This does not work for me. I always start stuck on the carrier, no way to get into cockpit. The above method you describe doesn't work.

I'm on DCS 2.5.5 stable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I fly Harrier exclusively in recent months and all missions work fine, including the ones I fixed. I am on 2.5.6 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

Are you talking about the ones starting on Tarawa's deck?

Hi, yes that's the one.

I even tried making a separate mission starting on the Tarawa. I tried hot start, cold start and each time I began with the F10 map "locked", I can not get into the cockpit?

I like this module but not bring able to start from a carrier is a shame!

Cheers.

Btw. I was going to replay your Red Flag M2k again (3rd time) but decided to get the Harrier in the sale! Your Red Flag is a superb piece of work! Would be great in the Harrier?

Edited by Accipiter
Red flag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

No problems with spawning on Tarawa in OB.

You want to fly the RF in Harrier and not M2K? Going to be tough without the radar, but night missions and A/G sorties should be easier :) though the biggest trouble I envisage is fuel..

No matter what I do I can not spawn on the Tarawa? I try training mission, I try my own mission and still I can only get the F10 map? I can not get into the cockpit, how do you do that? Is 2.5.5 stable bugged?

Now the Harrier is stressful! I can fly the Charlie, should be able to after 3 of your red Flags!!

Cheers!

No matter what I do I can not spawn on the Tarawa? I try training mission, I try my own mission and still I can only get the F10 map? I can not get into the cockpit, how do you do that? Is 2.5.5 stable bugged?

Now the Harrier is stressful! I can fly the Charlie, should be able to after 3 of your red Flags!!

Cheers!

Sorry couldn't edit my last post. However, I found what's wrong!

On my install, mission 9, the case 1 training mission, there is no "player" aircraft. There are only the parked airframes which you can't fly! So I added my "player" Harrier onto the flight deck and set it to take off from runway, which I read was a way to get going from the Tarawa.

Naturally you have to use the editor to add your flyable aircraft into the training mission and then save.

Took me a while, but got there in the end!

Cheers!