[ED CORE ISSUE] Tpod laser effective working range

arturojgt

Hi guys. Just few days ago I was tagging some target with the laser and a friend dropes some GBU but he was unable to achieve a proper detection until my radius of flight was less than 9 miles from the target.

If I was far than 9 miles with the TPOD, the DMT of his plane detect my laser reflection in the ground but this point was not fixed and was moving to anywhere.

We changed roles later and the same result with my DMT.

Any thoughts?

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

There is a DCS engine hardcoded limit on laser designation distance which is about 8nm. Think of the laser as a 8nm long stick, emitting from your TPOD. If your slant range is above that distance, the laser "spot" ends up in the air, making targeting go weird. So to get proper laser targeting results, always lase when within 8nm from your target.

Bummer, I thought that was fixed long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

There is a DCS engine hardcoded limit on laser designation distance which is about 8nm. Think of the laser as a 8nm long stick, emitting from your TPOD. If your slant range is above that distance, the laser "spot" ends up in the air, making targeting go weird. So to get proper laser targeting results, always lase when within 8nm from your target.

Thank you.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas