[ASD INTENDED] HOTAS cycling EHSD moves it to the left screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASD INTENDED] HOTAS cycling EHSD moves it to the left screen

If EHSD is already on the right screen and you cycle EHSD using Sensor Select Left HOTAS button, then:

First click will change EHSD on the right screen it to Decenter View - OK
    Second click will change the right screen it to EW page - OK
    Third click will open another EHSD on the left screen - WTF?

And all subsequent clicks will cycle EHSD Center/Decenter/EW pages on the left screen.

If EHSD is already on the right screen, then cycling it should keep it on the right screen.
    Attached Files

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Reverb

Originally posted by some1 View Post
    If EHSD is already on the right screen, then cycling it should keep it on the right screen.
    TL;DR:

Do you have a source for your claim ?

AFAIK (NATOPS POH 2008, H4.0) Sensor Select Switch left should cycle the EHSD and EW pages on the left screen (when not in ACM mode).

Detail:

It's likely you are correct that there is bug but it's not the one you think.

At a **guess**, the first thing that should happen with Sensor Select Switch left is the that the EHSD should move to the left screen if it's not already there.

Subsequent Sensor Select left actions then cycle through the 3 EHSD pages Center, Decenter and EW on the left screen.
    Last edited 09-24-2020, 09:53 PM.
    i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Comment

The wording in TACMAN (and Razbam's quick guide) is pretty clear. "if no EHSD is displayed headsdown, initial actuation selects the EHSD on the left MPCD. Subsequent actuations toggle between modes"

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by some1 View Post
        The wording in TACMAN (and Razbam's quick guide) is pretty clear. "if no EHSD is displayed headsdown, initial actuation selects the EHSD on the left MPCD. Subsequent actuations toggle between modes"
        ... and what does it say if the EHSD is on the right ?

The description of the Sensor Select Switch is clear and unambiguous, sensor select left cycles the 3 EHSD pages (center, decenter and EW) on the left display when not in ACM mode.

When the EHSD is displayed on the right screen and you use the left screen's menu to select EHSD, the EHSD display is swapped to the left.

I expect Sensor Select left acts in a similar way but only a SME/Razbam can say for sure.
        i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsay
          ... and what does it say if the EHSD is on the right ?
          That would fall under an "EHSD displayed headsdown" already, in which case SSS left is a subsequent actuation that alternates the EHSD between display modes on the MPCD it's already displayed on.

It doesn't say it swaps the EHSD to the left display when you press the button, it only brings the EHSD up on the left display if no EHSD is displayed on either MPCD ("headsdown") in the first place.
          Last edited 09-25-2020, 12:31 AM.
          "It is also true that we parted ways with Chicken after some disagreements."

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenSim View Post
            That would fall under an "EHSD displayed headsdown" already, in which case SSS left is a subsequent actuation that alternates the EHSD between display modes on the MPCD it's already displayed on.
            Just to make sure I understand what you are saying - when the EW or EHSD page is displayed on the right screen, sensor select left will cycle between center, decenter and EW pages on the right

i.e. the current bug is that after displaying the EW page on the right, sensor select left instead of cycling back to the EHSD, switches to using the left screen ?

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.55363

Comment

The way it's written, that's what it sounds like, yes. There's a conflict between two manuals.

When the EW page gets displayed, the logic counts it as "no EHSD displayed headsdown" and treats the next press of Sensor Select Switch Left as an initial actuation, bringing the EHSD up on the left MPCD. (1-37 TACMAN Vol I)

This is at odds with the H4.0 explanation that the EW page is merely inserted as a third page in this revolving sequence. (23-48 2008 NATOPS)

The real jet could be programmed with this "error" instead of counting Sensor Select Switch Left as a subsequent actuation when the EW page is displayed, I'm not sure.

But I think that's what's happening.
              "It is also true that we parted ways with Chicken after some disagreements."

Comment

Verified with SME, working as intended.
                Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Comment

Working...
                X