[AS INTENDED] DMT on the right mfd when CIP mode selected

Kappa

Yesterday I was trying to do some practice with dive bombing and I noticed that by selecting the CIP mode from the armaments panel, the DMT in TV mode is shown on the right MFD without having the possibility to change the page.

Returning to AUT mode, everything starts working properly again.

Anyone else?

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I hope i did, :)

You had a reply by Decoy, did you sent him the .trk file?

I sent it... I think.... Never sent a PM before around here. But I have not been able to replicate this in a short, singleplayer thing. Would be problematic if it is tied to multiplayer. So lets hope my massive track helps.

Isn't the idea of the DMT to be shown on right so if you designate the target via CCIP for CCRP (AUTO) release, you can refine the position before release point, and if you dropped in CCIP, then you can see your impact point.

Like what else you would like to have on there?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Isn't the idea of the DMT to be shown on right so if you designate the target via CCIP for CCRP (AUTO) release, you can refine the position before release point, and if you dropped in CCIP, then you can see your impact point.

Like what else you would like to have on there?

Well, try to lase for a GBU-12 with DMT and let us know how it goes... :D

Anyway, it is not happening anymore to me sice the last update... Even if there was no mention of bug fixes for the harrier in the change log... :huh:

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

ok I had some tests and, as Marsvinet reported, it is correlated to HTS mode (please see his bug report from the link quoted below).

I reported the same thing like 3 days ago, but you seem to have figured things out better than me. So I guess it has something to do with a target designation and CCIP?

.trk attached

EDIT: attachment removed - bugged - pease see here : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4511422&postcount=11

Edited by Kappa

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I just looked at my own track ... It shows I crash after making a few attempts to show the problem ...

I didn't crash so the trk doesn't represent what happened in the mission ... Is there anything that works in this simulator? :megalol:

Edited by Kappa

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Had one more test. Now the .trk is ok.

to replicate the problem it was necessary:

1) switch to HTS mode

2) Return to the TDC mode

3) Activate the DMT once via SSS down

4) Return to the TPOD

At this point, every time I selected the CCIP mode, the DMT appeared on the right MFD and I did not have the possibility to change the page except by returning to the CCRP auto mode

CCIP_DMT.trk

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I just looked at my own track ... It shows I crash after making a few attempts to show the problem ...

I didn't crash so the trk doesn't represent what happened in the mission ... Is there anything that works in this simulator? :megalol:

Haha welcome to DCS. Kappa can you describe for me step by step what youre doing so I can try and replicate it for myself?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Haha welcome to DCS. Kappa can you describe for me step by step what youre doing so I can try and replicate it for myself?

Ehehehe i'm here since Lomac :megalol:

Here, step by step:

Had one more test. Now the .trk is ok.

to replicate the problem it was necessary:

1) switch to HTS mode

2) Return to the TDC mode

3) Activate the DMT once via SSS down

4) Return to the TPOD

At this point, every time I selected the CCIP mode, the DMT appeared on the right MFD and I did not have the possibility to change the page except by returning to the CCRP auto mode

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• 2 weeks later...

After review. As intended behaviour to assist pilot in acquiring target for release. Was left over logic from the days where the TPOD was non existent. Solution? Dont drop GBUs in CCIP and dont use the TPOD and DMT at the same time.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.