[RFUTURE IMPLEMENTATION] TOT NOT WORKING

Gizzy

Using NSEC or SEC TOT set in accordance with RAZBAM's txt file not working in that the COMMAND SPEED indicator progressively demands slower speed no matter what. It's manageable to the 1st WP and occasionally to the 2nd but but after that the indicator just demands a faster speed no matter what.

100% repeatable

Simple test MIZ attached with a ME indicated time to WP 4 of 6 minutes at 420GS.

TOT worked when first introduced but seems the last update may have screwed it...

test.zip

UFC_TIME_Functions.txt

SIGBLOCK.png

I found something after another test.

If you follow the ground speed (lower left on the HUD, labelled S ---), you can arrive on the predetermined time over the waypoint (see the both screenshots).

The predetermined time was 18.49.00 and the given speed was 364 knots ground speed, so that works perfectly.

From this test, I may suppose that the speed carret does not indicate the correct speed, according that the ground speed is the correct speed to follow.

Vincent

Image1a.thumb.png.4d3630f7f8b46f9d5ed14576e9fa5a6f.png

Image1b.png.28e22d888b50785cc23f425ed1b900c0.png

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Ground Speed IS ALWAYS used for TOT - you cannot be accurate on IAS.

The ME is set to calculate time for legs using GS

Certainly you can do TOT manually with a table for times at the WPs in the kneeboard, that's how we used to do it...

The TOT function in the Harrier Hud is broken as far as far I can ascertain. It used to work on introduction a short while back but not now.

SIGBLOCK.png

Ground Speed IS ALWAYS used for TOT - you cannot be accurate on IAS.

I wanted to say, now the AV-8B in DCS is taking another speed for reference, which is not correct.

That could explain why the speed carret is not showing the correct speed.

If you follow the ground speed as indicated and not the carret, that works.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

The point of the caret is to adjust your COMMAND SPEED to get within 1 minute of planned TOT.

GS has always been correct in relation to the map with any TIME / DISTANCE calculation.

TOT is simply broken.

SIGBLOCK.png

Ill have a look and pass it along to the team. We will consult with the SME on this as well. Recent changes in DCS meant that some of our values were swapped so were still looking to see what got janked. Gizzy your files are from the most recent update 2.5.6.55847?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Thanks for coming back Elmo. Yes, just tested test.miz on 2.5.6.55847 witht he same result.

Just for info...

ME gives

WP1: CS 300GS 1:23

WP2: CS 420GS 3:12

WP3: CS 420GS 4.56

WP4: CS 420GS 6:00

Spawn time is 0400UTC so set up NSEC ingress 1-4 and egress 5 and enter a TOT of 04.08.00 hitting the enter key at 2 minutes after spawn and then TO.

The CS caret appears accurate and responsive to WP 1 then just goes slow. Manually fly CS to the WPs on the timings above gives correct TOT at WP4. Caret is always max left. Tried even setting TP to WP 4 before take off (should be no need)... same.

Thanks again..

SIGBLOCK.png

• 2 weeks later...

Im not going to say that this will be solved by the next patch but please keep an eye on it after the next patch. If it still occurs, please attach a new trk with the issue and well look back over it again.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

• 3 weeks later...
Im not going to say that this will be solved by the next patch but please keep an eye on it after the next patch. If it still occurs, please attach a new trk with the issue and well look back over it again.

Still broken Elmo... It's quicker to enter NSEC and TOT and fly 4 wpts than watch a track.. 6 mins ar 420knt GS....... It will be obvious very quickly past WP 1 that it is still broken

Still broken Elmo... It's quicker to enter NSEC and TOT and fly 4 wpts than watch a track.. 6 mins ar 420knt GS....... It will be obvious very quickly past WP 1 that it is still broken

If thats the case then please attach a new trk to highlight the issue.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Can anybody confirm that this is still not working correctly? I am not getting a bunch of weird indications with the TOT/TTT function. First a slow command speed then as you get closer the command speed ramps up to really high numbers. 

• 5 weeks later...