[FUTURE IMPLEMENTATION] Lack of Hydra Rocket options

Echo3Bravo

The Harrier should be capable of fielding the full range of 2.75'' hydra rockets as well as the older FFAR rockets. It should be able to use these rockets in both the LAU-68 or LAU-3 pod

On the Arming screen 2.75'' rockets with the M151 warhead are available in the LAU-68x3 pod but not in the single LAU-68 pod or the LAU-3 pod.

The DCS airfield inventories lists the Hydra family of rockets and the FFAR rockets separately.

Would it be possible to get the M151 hydra 2.75'' rocket in the single LAU-68 and LAU-3 pod added.

20200927103943_1.thumb.jpg.cad5b2b5928bf2fdf49283562203ec78.jpg

20200927104116_1.thumb.jpg.b51ce66a73688b49adf67345cb1793c3.jpg

Though I'm not sure if its specific to the harrier, the Marines used only specific warheads on LDH craft IFAIK but will consult with the SME on this matter.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

It's an issue since day 1. Razbam when creating the payloads did not realise there are 2 different generations of unguided rockets in DCS (FFAR and M151) and randomly mixed both of them.

Of course if was reported several times over the years.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It's an issue since day 1. Razbam when creating the payloads did not realise there are 2 different generations of unguided rockets in DCS (FFAR and M151) and randomly mixed both of them.

Of course if was reported several times over the years.

I think that comment was unnecessary, I'm looking into it and have brought it to the devs attention and when our SME gets back to us well let you know.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

• 3 months later...

Marking as FUTURE IMPLEMENTATION and moving to RESOLVED. In future update. As per SME's info, all LAU-3 pods will be removed, all TER LAU-68 pod options will be removed, all FFAR rockets will be removed. Only single LAU-68 pods will be available  with HYDRA rockets on parent stations 2-3-5-6.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [FUTURE IMPLEMENTATION] Lack of Hydra Rocket options
  • 5 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 9:24 AM, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Only single LAU-68 pods will be available  with HYDRA rockets on parent stations 2-3-5-6

Is there a chance that the 19 rocket LAU-3 pod (DCS's substitute for LAU-61) will be re-added now you've decided to continue to allow older loadouts i.e. Sidearm, AGM-65F, etc. ?

I know I enjoyed flying older mission/weather profiles* from the Falklands conflict including using the LAU-3/LAU-61 as a substitute for the GR.3's 18x Matra pod and I'm sure I'm not the only player who would like to recreate these older IRL "legacy" missions using the AV-8B when the "DCS South Atlantic" map is eventually released.

Harrier_fireing_lg_ok.jpghttp://www.massoss.com/Richard-Cooke/images/aircraft/Harriers/Harrier_fireing_lg_ok.jpg

* The Harrier Goes to War (The No 1 (Fighter) Squadron Operation Corporate Diary), Air Chief Marshal Sir Peter Squire, 2004

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080