Ottoman Courier: Prologue campaign now out!

baltic_dragon

I finished the last mission yesterday. It is very nice mini-campaign with many voiceovers. The best mission is probably the 3rd one. Maybe there could be more combat. There is only a several bomb attacks and you can not to kill any bandit at any misson. However the story is great. I´m looking forward to paid follow-up campaign.

On mission 5, a fuel truck drives too close to the medivac chopper taking its tail off, just after it landed. Sadly no crew members survived their rush from the burning vehicle.

dcs_fuel_truck_hit_chopper.jpg

EDIT: Just restarted mission to repro. Didn't happen the 2nd time, however the truck does move very close to the chopper always as part of scripted sequence.

Edited by DimSim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SGT Coyle said:

Is this "Easy Comms" enabled?  No freqs in the briefing screen or docs.

Not compatible with Easy Comms. The mission will tell you what radio channel(s) to switch to while playing.

Edited by DimSim

Really looking forward to the 2nd part dlc, if its anything like the prologue then we’re in for a treat!

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

with TOT broken currently, how are you guys managing TOT for mission 1? I fudge it using the TLAR method, but I wonder if there's a way to use the current TOT system. I tried setting up a NSEQ route with a TERM of WP12 (so a SEQ route in our Harrier) but the system does an awful job calculating and dumps you at each waypoint later and later. Does it work if you just ditch NSEQ and just enter the TOT for each waypoint as you select it?

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried Mission 3 (I think? The GBU bombing one, anyway). Something went a bit wrong... everything was fine until the wingman is called in to bomb the large centre building. He drops his bomb, but there is no voice-over for "one away" and he immediately descends to 6,000ft and makes a beeline for the Tarawa. Also nothing from Norseman either.

Also, I think the times are set wrong. The voice-overs and briefing talks about 7am local time, but it is actually 8am local time.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• 2 weeks later...

@baltic_dragon

First of all, I'm a big fan of your campaigns.

First mission - I landed and followed the Humvee, then shut down my engine - but got a score of 50 and it did not register as a success when I exited. Any idea why? Do I have to wait for a message before quitting?

Edit - do I need to wait for all of my wingmen to land too? I landed myself, then told them to RTB. But I didn't wait.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1