Are there a lot of missions or campaigns for the Harrier?

CommandT

Hey folks,

I'm sort of considering buying the Harrier. I'm just concerned about one thing - there's been a couple of times that I've bought an aircraft in DCS and was bitterly disappointed to find a complete lack of interesting training missions, combat missions and campaigns. Is there any good stuff for the Harrier out there before I spend hours learning everything only to find out there's no interesting content to deploy the aircraft?

And a second follow up question is - is there a release date for a new pilot body for the cockpit for the Harrier? I find a lack of a pilot body in the cockpit a little detrimental to immersion :(

Cheers!

Baltic Dragon has done a good job with the training missions. As the missions have a similar format to a training campain, he includes shorter versions of the same mission but without as much exposition, so there are lots of them.

He's also making a short campaign that's to be included for free.

Note: I haven't flown them very much as they came long after I'd created my own sandbox missions, etc.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

There really aren't any campaigns and there are few missions. But, the aircraft is AMAZING online. A-10s struggle where the AV-8B just keeps raining down death.

I am working on some missions, and maybe even a campaign. But I am new to this, so it's taking a while to make the missions work and remain interesting. Some of my missions will require the Hornet though.

The training mission are top notch and the smattering single missions included help you develop what you take from training. But there is nothing in the box for the Gulf or Syria at present so you'll be reliant of the commuity or yourself.

There are 3 new and really nice Gulf missions from Hedgeslammer on the user file dowloads page. Nicely put together with a bit of everything and done to give you a lot of fun and something to do rather than a true to life grind. As they are editable you can tweak then to you liking if you know the ME basics.

The Harrier's rep does suffer a little from all the bad blood in the forums (some quite justified) but its a great module overall. A really nice mix of modern but not too complex with some nice little features of its own even if it lacks the fancy weapons of its counterparts. It easy to A2A refuel too.

I own the A10C and A10CII, F14, F16, F18, M2000, Viggen and Mig but the AV8B is pretty much the only thing I play with. Its just fun.

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Interesting. So these Baltic Dragon training missions come with the aircraft already or downloaded separately?

I did fly around a bit in the Harrier when it was free back in early April. Enjoyed throwing it around a bit but the lack of a pilot body just put me off enough to put this on the back burner. I'm sure I saw somewhere that Razbam was working on the pilot body?

So these Baltic Dragon training missions come with the aircraft already or downloaded separately?

They come with the aircraft, there are currently 20 training missions (not including their sub variants)

pajCD7G.jpg

Plus a few single player

Z1Zp0vu.jpg

and instant action missions

64O4V05.jpg

The first half of Mission 18 A2A, showing how to use A/A TACAN

Training mission play list:

Edited by Ramsay
Add M18 video

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

We are currently working with Baltic Dragon to bring a full Campaign in for the Harrier.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.