Mirage III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirage III

looking forward to Mirage 3 module, Any update?
    sigpic

Yes! please don’t abandon this project!
    The Mosquito and news about Mirage III development is what brought me to DCS.

Mirage III is an instant must-buy-day-1 for me!

Though no news about it in ages, it seems to have been pushed to end of the queue.
    “Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito”
    - Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Comment

Well they have lots of planes on the pipeline, looks like the Mirage III may take lots of years.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobs View Post
        Well they have lots of planes on the pipeline, looks like the Mirage III may take lots of years.
        The sad thing is its not the first time they have teased it. it goes as far back as 2015, when they just started in DCS, round about when they abandoned the T2.
        They also teased the KFIR c7/10/Atlas Cheetah, but that was abandoned, even though they would have sold a lot more of them than the mig 19!

Comment

Its an Instant Buy for me too, but sadly to many things on their plate right now.. and they just added the AMX...

Comment

The AMX ?

Uh... starting to wonder what their priorities are... I mean, making models is not the same as making modules. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick50 View Post
              The AMX ?

Uh... starting to wonder what their priorities are... I mean, making models is not the same as making modules. Just saying.
              They showed some 3d renders, don't know if they will go forward with a full module, or just some AI asset to enhance their falklands/south america scenario.

Also, the brazilian AMX (before modernization) was really limited, basically a L-39 or C-101 with a HUD and a CCIP capability. Not that capable.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobs View Post
                They showed some 3d renders, don't know if they will go forward with a full module, or just some AI asset to enhance their falklands/south america scenario.

Also, the brazilian AMX (before modernization) was really limited, basically a L-39 or C-101 with a HUD and a CCIP capability. Not that capable.

That's a very serious stretch. The performance of the AMX is much better than that of a trainer, and they actually have decent combat avionics (rwr, countermeasures, navigation/attack systems, ranging radar to name a few).

Supposedly, it's something Razbam is doing on the side and even they have said it won't come to DCS any time soon, so I doubt it will get in the way of other projects. If anything, that statement makes their tease/announcement even more questionable tbh....

Comment

Originally posted by TLTeo View Post
                  That's a very serious stretch. The performance of the AMX is much better than that of a trainer, and they actually have decent combat avionics (rwr, countermeasures, navigation/attack systems, ranging radar to name a few).

Supposedly, it's something Razbam is doing on the side and even they have said it won't come to DCS any time soon, so I doubt it will get in the way of other projects. If anything, that statement makes their tease/announcement even more questionable tbh....
                  You mean the Italian version right? Because the Brazilian version was always under equipped due to lack of funds. A small number of units are going through a modernization now, that adds a radar, new cockpit and smart munitions capability.

I agree that an AMX is way better than a C-101. Maybe it would be fare to compare it with the Viggen for example. But even than the AMX is inferior since it lacks radar, anti-ship, supersonic flight, etc...

Comment

Lets put it this way. The AMX is agood replacement for the aging A-4s Skyhawks.

Comment

Originally posted by AliPG View Post
                      looking forward to Mirage 3 module, Any update?
                      Yes:

Probably for Falklands map asset but who knows ...?

If you asked about full module its a very, very long way I suppose.
                      Last edited 08-01-2020, 09:31 AM.
                      Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
                      sigpic
                      Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2 VR only

Comment

Not for Falklands, wrong version, but will work for Syria map.
                        I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Comment

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
                          Not for Falklands, wrong version, but will work for Syria map.
                          It looks like a IIIEA for me. For sur, it's not a IIIC, if it's what you think about

Comment

I love the M2000C and I would buy a 2000-5 but probably not a Mirage III.

Comment

Originally posted by "Tumbleweed" View Post
                              It looks like a IIIEA for me. For sur, it's not a IIIC, if it's what you think about
                              They said that the planned one was a IIIC, I will be very happyh with a IIIE.
                              I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Comment

Originally posted by felixx75 View Post
                                go to the Mirage 2000 forum then...

I would not Buy a-5 but would buy any and All III, or IV, Nesher, or Kfir...
                                and twice on sundays....

Comment

Originally posted by felixx75 View Post
                                  Mirage III is from an age when pilots actually controlled flight surfaces, missiles were for show and the kills were done with cannons. Mirage 2000 is from the age of computer flown planes, BVR combat like flying SAMs, and cannons are installed for the nostalgia.
                                  “Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito”
                                  - Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bozon View Post
                                    Mirage III is from an age when pilots actually controlled flight surfaces, missiles were for show and the kills were done with cannons. Mirage 2000 is from the age of computer flown planes, BVR combat like flying SAMs, and cannons are installed for the nostalgia.
                                    There is something really magical about releasing your single centre-line mounted R.511 or R.530 directly behind a bomber and watching it slowly accelerate towards the target! It isn't like the experience of releasing any other missile.

Your missile is short-range, immaneuverable, with a very weak seeker - and you only have the one shot... and somehow it is magic (in a way the R.550 is not)

Comment

Of all the projects Razbam is working on, it's the vintage Mirage III and it's variants that I look forward to the most. For Falklands, for 60's era Middle East...

Comment

Originally posted by "Tumbleweed" View Post
                                        That would be outstanding!

As for me, the Argentine Mirage III's had some of the most splendid camouflages (and looks).
                                        I did install mods for Mirage IIIEA in another sim...
                                        Intel i7 4790K
                                        GTX 1660 Ti, 6GB
                                        16 GB DDR 3
                                        Samsung 860 QVO
                                        Win 7, 64 bit

- HANGAR -
                                        Flaming Cliffs 3 , MiG-21bis , Mirage 2000C , F-14 A / B , F-16C , F/A-18C

- MUSEUM -
                                        Flanker 2.0 , Lock On , Black Shark

Comment

Working...
                                        X