Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FALKLANDS MAP UPDATES

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
    That is very funny..... someone has take time to read the RAZBAM info?
    I dont see nothing funny here. We got a guess only. No confirmation, just „maybe yes, maybe not” if you took your time and read it carefully.
    Last edited by YoYo; 08-23-2020, 03:15 PM.
    Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
    sigpic
    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2 VR only

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by YoYo View Post
      I dont see nothing funny here. We got a guess only. No confirmation, just „maybe yes, maybe not” if you took your time and read it carefully.
      "funny" has put a bar about the level when need reach a team map 3rd party on your first map, and put in question your work.

      First RAZBAM talk about build the islands, the comunity request a "map extension" to the continent, they make them, but not, now some claim the map has "useless". What is the next, build all Patagonia to Buenos Aires and extend the map to ascension Island?.

      Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk
      Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 08-23-2020, 04:20 PM.
      More news to the front
      Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
      My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

      DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
      DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
      21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
      Silver_Dragon Youtube

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
        What is the next, build all Patagonia to Buenos Aires and extend the map to ascension Island?.
        For this its MSFS 2020 .
        Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
        sigpic
        Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2 VR only

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
          "funny" has put a bar about the level when need reach a team map 3rd party on your first map, and put in question your work.

          First RAZBAM talk about build the islands, the comunity request a "map extension" to the continent, they make them, but not, now some claim the map has "useless". What is the next, build all Patagonia to Buenos Aires and extend the map to ascension Island?.

          Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk
          That was in reference to the mainland, as far as I understood. Hence my comment, that plain ocean to the north and south, without additional islands/mainland and subsequent airfields would be a great way of giving us room to place a fleet, without needing to worry too much about effort and performance impact.
          The current region shown in the screenshot can be easily expanded to the north and south with only water...
          EDIT basically what we have with Syria. The map reaches far to the west, but without modeling Cyprus. Even if they won't add Cyprus, the water body of another 300NM is an awesome staging area for a carrier group.
          Last edited by shagrat; 08-24-2020, 09:46 AM.
          Shagrat

          - Flying Sims since 1984 -
          Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by shagrat View Post
            That was in reference to the mainland, as far as I understood. Hence my comment, that plain ocean to the north and south, without additional islands/mainland and subsequent airfields would be a great way of giving us room to place a fleet, without needing to worry too much about effort and performance impact.
            The current region shown in the screenshot can be easily expanded to the north and south with only water...
            EDIT basically what we have with Syria. The map reaches far to the west, but without modeling Cyprus. Even if they won't add Cyprus, the water body of another 300NM is an awesome staging area for a carrier group.
            I like the idea!

            I'd put a bet though that a minimum of 95% of the DCS player base doesn't care about realistic distances. On the contrary, they want to be in the melee as fast as possible - you know, the "spawn-take off-kill-get killed-respawn" MP cycle.

            Comment


              #66
              Well if they want a quick spawn, there is always Vincenzio de Mayo.


              Did the devs ever say whether they were building her?

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by stuart666 View Post
                Well if they want a quick spawn, there is always Vincenzio de Mayo.
                No, unfortunately there is not. At least I haven't seen the devs mentioning that they will provide us with it. We don't even have any (fixed wing) aircraft that can operate from it.
                Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

                DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

                Comment


                  #68
                  Regarding more sea.. I believe that the map is larger than the size of the grid.

                  The grid would be de detailed Zone, so i could bet that you will have room to manouver fleets arround even ouside the gridded area.

                  Take the Persian Gulf map as example, you can place carriers all the way to the East, far from the gridded area... it works fine.



                  Quigon you are quite right, althow We do have the Most excellent A4-E-C, to lauch from the ARA Veinticinco de Mayo, if they include it in the assets like the Invincible or Hermes...

                  Besides, a Collosus/Magestic Carrier with A4s - Canuck´s, Aussies, Brazilians alike will also be in heaven if the carrier is skinnable...

                  And when the Corsair hits the Pacific the French could have the Arromanches too
                  Last edited by Baco; 08-28-2020, 03:10 AM.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Baco View Post
                    Quigon you are quite right, althow We do have the Most excellent A4-E-C, to lauch from the ARA Veinticinco de Mayo, if they include it in the assets like the Invincible or Hermes...
                    The A-4 is just private mod (although a very good one) and not part of any official DCS content.
                    Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

                    DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

                    Comment


                      #70
                      why not improving mirage 2000 first! more missiles, or doing -5 for god sake!

                      Comment


                        #71
                        The people involved in the creation of the map and the assets are not the same working on the aircrafts.
                        3rd Wing | 4/33 Vexin * VK-94
                        A furore Normannorum, libera nos Domine

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by sarumax View Post
                          why not improving mirage 2000 first! more missiles, or doing -5 for god sake!
                          As has talked some time ago aircraft module teams has not the same with build assets packs and or maps teams. That use diferente SDKs (module SDK vs map TDK SDK).
                          Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 09-07-2020, 04:36 PM.
                          More news to the front
                          Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
                          My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

                          DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
                          DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
                          21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
                          Silver_Dragon Youtube

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Really looking forward to this
                            SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 20Gb RAM, 1070 8Gb, HPOmen 17", Thrustmaster Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1 SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView,

                            Modules:
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by sarumax View Post
                              why not improving mirage 2000 first! more missiles, or doing -5 for god sake!
                              Its different part of the Team.
                              Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
                              sigpic
                              Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2 VR only

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by QuiGon View Post
                                No, unfortunately there is not. At least I haven't seen the devs mentioning that they will provide us with it. We don't even have any (fixed wing) aircraft that can operate from it.

                                Wrong, QuiGon consider yourself relegated back to a padawan.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Bruce448; 09-10-2020, 12:31 AM.

                                Comment


                                  #76
                                  Originally posted by QuiGon View Post
                                  No, unfortunately there is not. At least I haven't seen the devs mentioning that they will provide us with it. We don't even have any (fixed wing) aircraft that can operate from it.
                                  Recommend check my "unofficial road map", can be some surprise.

                                  Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk
                                  More news to the front
                                  Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
                                  My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

                                  DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
                                  DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
                                  21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
                                  Silver_Dragon Youtube

                                  Comment


                                    #77
                                    Originally posted by Bruce448 View Post
                                    Wrong, QuiGon consider yourself relegated back to a padawan.
                                    Originally posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
                                    Recommend check my "unofficial road map", can be some surprise.
                                    Thanks, that piece of information did really slip by me. Great to see the Veinticinco de Mayo in the works!
                                    Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

                                    DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

                                    Comment


                                      #78
                                      Originally posted by YoYo View Post
                                      Thx for update but for me it looks a little ... strange. Not too long horizontally without the appropriate scale of maps vertically? Its only something like 200-250km in vertical with Google scale. For example DCS Syria has 500 km with much more land inside (total 500x600 km + incoming Cyprus ect, so the final version will be bigger). For jets it isnt good idea I suppose. Its 10-20 flight minutes depending on the plane from north to south. It doesnt look good.



                                      According me better to do something like this with more land verticaly (yellow line) with land strip something about 500-600 km.



                                      The ocean is free so no any kind of problem to increase this but pls double (or three times) the size of the land to do something between 500-600km. Is it possible?
                                      The ocean is not free my friend believe me I already asked the question to ED in early development
                                      Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

                                      SPECTER
                                      Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist
                                      sigpic

                                      Comment


                                        #79
                                        That would have been a dream, Spectre But We know what we got is the best you guys can do with todays rig specs and DCS engine. I for one am very gratefull that at least you include part of the contient.

                                        Hopefully one day ED will give us the hability to place Bases on the ME too and be able to use de low deatield areas.

                                        Thanks for the Updates by the way! Grate Job!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X