FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

Hey All, just wanted to share some images of the Falklands map.

These are WIP images.

Thanks Specter

FK3.jpg

FK2.jpg

FK1.jpg

UPDATE AS OF 13-08-2020

Mare-Harbor.jpg

View-to-mare-harbor.jpg

MPA-2.jpg

MPA.jpg

goose-Green-to-MPA.jpg

Goose-Green.jpg

UPDATE: 12/10/2020

Over the past few months I decided to invest time in re-doing all of the airfields to take full advantage of of the new technology. here are some screenshots of the 3 locations that I have done, which are about 90% complete.

hope you like them

thanks Specter

mps-3.jpg

mpa-2.jpg

mpa-1.jpg

Rio-Gallegos.jpg

San-Carlos.jpg

UPDATED: 09-11-2020

Some new images of MPA to show of the new technology for materials

MPA-at-Night.png

MPA-Main-Shed.png

MPA-towards-runway-05.png

MPA-Rifle-Range.png

MPA-Main-Runway.png

MPA-Tower.png

MA-Runway-23-1.png

MA-Runway-23.png

MPA-Running-track.png

Thanks Specter

Edited by Raz_Specter
  • Like 5

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hey All, just wanted to share some images of the Falklands map.

These are WIP images.

Thanks Specter

Hi Specter, nice images, but can we have an option to remove Mount Pleasant AB from the map?

I still think that this big RAF aiport sounds a bit off when all naval assets and AI ac are from '82 war...

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Hi Specter, nice images, but can we have an option to remove Mount Pleasant AB from the map?

I still think that this big RAF aiport sounds a bit off when all naval assets and AI ac are from '82 war...

Hi

Thanks for the interest in the thread, if I were delivering a 1982 map there would hardly be anything of interest. a single airfield with 4 parking slots that you cant land military jets on as the runway was too short.

Its a balancing act, trying to bring something that is functional and visually appealing for the community. We are also looking at the possibility of including (maybe at a later date) a map which doesn't have MPA shown. Although I believe you are able to remove scenery from the map through the mission editor.

This is the South Atlantic map, which can also be used for the Falkland Conflict however I personally want the map to be visually appealing to the community for the many aspects that DCS offers.

Thanks again for the interest.

Specter

• Thanks 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hi

Thanks for the interest in the thread, if I were delivering a 1982 map there would hardly be anything of interest. a single airfield with 4 parking slots that you cant land military jets on as the runway was too short.

Its a balancing act, trying to bring something that is functional and visually appealing for the community. We are also looking at the possibility of including (maybe at a later date) a map which doesn't have MPA shown. Although I believe you are able to remove scenery from the map through the mission editor.

This is the South Atlantic map, which can also be used for the Falkland Conflict however I personally want the map to be visually appealing to the community for the many aspects that DCS offers.

Specter

Thanks, yes I know the reason of adding the base for a bigger spectrum of usage, but in the end I think most of the users want to fly Sea Harrier, Pucarà and MB-339 in this map:D

By the way, I remember the option for vehicles, ships, and aircraft to indicate the era of usage, I don't know if runways and static objects can be affected too.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Hi

Specter

Many of us want the map for 1982 conflict, I understand your point adding Mount Pleasant, and the more the merrier, but the option to erase it completely should be there, so we can simulate a better 1982 war. Specially with the 1982 AI assets you guys are building as well.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Maybe an option to have two maps? Or make a logic-only Mount pleasant and make a prefab of its objects placeable in the mission editor?

Regarding quality, I can clearly see polygons and vertexes of the terrain - no go for 2020, hope this improves. I'm not expecting anything photoreal, just on par with Nevada or Gulf.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Just from a logical standpoint if a big tile could be defined which would included Mount Pleasant AB and the area surrounding it which had post '82 buildings. Then you could use the definition of this tile as the basis for pre- and post-82. Both would have the exact same landscape edges, so one or the other could be dropped in seamlessly without issue, and the devs could put on whatever they wished each tile; the pre- having maybe just a road and a sheep pen or whatever, with post- have the airfield and it's buildings. This would prevent having to have two complete maps to install, but I don't think ED has the technology to do something like this at this time, nor if they are working on or planning to work on this or something similar.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The map is looking great, the continental bases are also planned, because otherwise it would not make much sense.

It would be like making a map of only Martin Garcias Island in the Rio de la Plata ... without the coasts of Argentina and Uruguay

Saludos.

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

The new Syria map seems really good, but the Falklands maps will offer so much more content wise. With the very large number of assets being included with the theater we will have the first true comprehensive map to play with.

No other DCS map at this time offer a true relevant environment. The South Atlantic map will. This is the project I'm the most interested in for a few months now - excepting DCS core enhancements.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

The new Syria map seems really good, but the Falklands maps will offer so much more content wise. With the very large number of assets being included with the theater we will have the first true comprehensive map to play with.

No other DCS map at this time offer a true relevant environment. The South Atlantic map will. This is the project I'm the most interested in for a few months now - excepting DCS core enhancements.

Aside from any player operated historic planes that actually flew there... I'm personally way more interested in syria.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

very nice. lots of progress videos there.

Really sad that we need to use Facebook in order to see progression :(

I have never used Facebook, don't have an account and wasn't planning on creating one...

Why does Razbam just keep ignoring requests, from a large portion of the DCS community, to post regular updates on this official ED forum. Is it so much to ask to simply post those FB video's on this forum as well?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Aside from any player operated historic planes that actually flew there... I'm personally way more interested in syria.

Well Lots of the Assets can be used in Syria.... all the 80´s tech fo rinstance or are you going to do teh 1982 Lebanon civil war with 2000s ground tech?

AND most is very relevan to the Cold War times... so I belive that the Assets is teh strong set of thepackage...

Can some one change the title to South atlantic.. Falklands is accurate but rude.

Edited by Baco

I have never used Facebook, don't have an account and wasn't planning on creating one...

Why does Razbam just keep ignoring requests, from a large portion of the DCS community, to post regular updates on this official ED forum. Is it so much to ask to simply post those FB video's on this forum as well?

Well, they sometimes react to the requests and say that they will share stuff on the forums from now on, do that for a few days and then forget about it... :mad:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I don't know.

I have a fake Facebook for stuff like this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

There are obvious reasons why RAZBAM don’t post here anymore.

• Like 1

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED