X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pepin1234
    replied
    I just finish listening the interview. Very nice and interesting. Yes will be even more nice see a translation to English for the community.

Leave a comment:

• Schmidtfire
    replied
    Who will take one for the team and subtitle this 2h+ interview?

Leave a comment:

• pepin1234
    replied
    interview to Mig-21, Mig-23 Cuban pilot with two Valor Medals Tte. Cor. Eduardo Gonzalez Sarría talking about his pilot experience and specially about some of his experiences in the Africa wars. (In Spanish)

Leave a comment:

• Harlikwin
    replied
    Originally posted by EpicBlitzkrieg87 View Post
    Question, is there conclusive proof that Soviet MiG-23MLAs were retrofitted with flare dispensers or is the model we're getting a mix; I know for example that Iraqi MLAs had ASO-2s?
    We are getting a soviet MLA, and an Iraqi version as well, with SPO-15/ASO-2 etc.

Leave a comment:

• EpicBlitzkrieg87
    replied
    Question, is there conclusive proof that Soviet MiG-23MLAs were retrofitted with flare dispensers or is the model we're getting a mix; I know for example that Iraqi MLAs had ASO-2s?

Leave a comment:

• phant
    replied
    I wonder if OverStratos has access to those Fulcrums too!

Bye
    Phant

Leave a comment:

• pepin1234
    replied
    San Antonio base, Cuba. with some ML units combat ready after so many years:

Leave a comment:

• _Firefly
    replied
    Originally posted by pepin1234 View Post
    Mig-23 pilot at video beginning: -at about 8km I detect them. They were coming in combat formation but they open break to quickly get into dogfight. I turned right and they turned toward me to get the tail of each other. I pulled hard the control lever with high Gs and I got to get his tail. I pulled the trigger of the close range rocket and I saw it left toward his nozzle. We saw the tail on fire, The rocket did a direct impact on the nozzle and after that we saw him in a hard deep dive. We didn’t see him ejected.

Min 4:16 Shilka commander: I left the equipment combat ready. They were coming in low flight to then pitch and dive to bombing our batteries. I saw the 3 targets and quickly we got the system ready, I did two Long burst shot. Two of them got right break and the left one hold a moment and I shot there another long burst shot and it exploded on the air.

Min 2:40: The officer is explaining the very important action on his opinion about the mission accomplished of a group of intelligence Cubans explorers. They got to penetrate 20km deep the rearguard of the enemy and they were formed by the intelligence officer, the medic, the artillery officer, the cooker, the Politic officer and some other soldiers. This mission got to detect the enemy position and we were very pleased to get our aviation punching those enemy position.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• pepin1234
    replied
    Mig-23 pilot at video beginning: -at about 8km I detect them. They were coming in combat formation but they open break to quickly get into dogfight. I turned right and they turned toward me to get the tail of each other. I pulled hard the control lever with high Gs and I got to get his tail. I pulled the trigger of the close range rocket and I saw it left toward his nozzle. We saw the tail on fire, The rocket did a direct impact on the nozzle and after that we saw him in a hard deep dive. We didn’t see him ejected.

Min 4:16 Shilka commander: I left the equipment combat ready. They were coming in low flight to then pitch and dive to bombing our batteries. I saw the 3 targets and quickly we got the system ready, I did two Long burst shot. Two of them got right break and the left one hold a moment and I shot there another long burst shot and it exploded on the air.

Min 2:40: The officer is explaining the very important action on his opinion about the mission accomplished of a group of intelligence Cubans explorers. They got to penetrate 20km deep the rearguard of the enemy and they were formed by the intelligence officer, the medic, the artillery officer, the cooker, the Politic officer and some other soldiers. This mission got to detect the enemy position and we were very pleased to get our aviation punching those enemy position.
    Last edited 09-08-2020, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fri13
    replied
    Originally posted by pepin1234 View Post
    Personal description from the Cuban pilot that pulled the trigger:

Could be interesting to watch if just understood anything. google translation makes such a odd work that Spanish > English is just impossible to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Pinduca
    replied
    Quite right Interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Baco
    replied
    very interesting documenatry!

Leave a comment:

• pepin1234
    replied
    Originally posted by Top Jockey View Post
    I would not call it "garbage" either.

And besides, the MiG-23 did show its "claws" in combat, for instance with a SAAF Mirage F1 kill...

http://www.urrib2000.narod.ru/ArticPiercy2-e.html
    Personal description from the Cuban pilot that pulled the trigger:

Leave a comment:

• OverStratos
    replied
    Originally posted by Top Jockey View Post
    I would not call it "garbage" either.

And besides, the MiG-23 did show its "claws" in combat, for instance with a SAAF Mirage F1 kill...

http://www.urrib2000.narod.ru/ArticPiercy2-e.html

- and two confirmed and two probable F-14 kills
    - and several numbers of (didn´t have the exact number per type right now) F-4s, F-5s, F-16s
    - it also has claims of F-15 kills

Leave a comment:

• Кош
    replied
    Evolution is pretty serious:
    http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/figh...s/mig23s-1.gif
    http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/figh.../mig23mf-1.gif
    http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/figh.../mig23ml-2.gif
    More wing area and more mechanization with each version. Also notice how ML is shorter.

Leave a comment:

• _Firefly
    replied
    Originally posted by Кош View Post
    MF or S most certainly. Much heavier and much less lift than ML.
    Exactly, all models from the ML onwards were substantially lighter than the earlier variants and had more thrust. I'm not so sure about lift, as most of the changes from the M to the ML were internal (except the dorsal fin of course).

Leave a comment:

• Fri13
    replied
    Originally posted by AeriaGloria View Post
    Choosing what combo of R-24s to take is going to be painful
    How so? You have three options:
    1. R-24R + R-24R
    2. R-24R + R-24T
    3. R-24T + R-24T

It is not so painful thing to do, like with previous variant that had space only for two control boxes inside so you could only carry same seeker missiles without mixing them.
    At least you can have four R-60 missiles with those, so when you get to close, you have excellent potential to get them down with agile missiles when you zoom through them.

Leave a comment:

• Кош
    replied
    MF or S most certainly. Much heavier and much less lift than ML.

Leave a comment:

• Elysian Angel
    replied
    Originally posted by nsf_zx View Post
    according to NASA te mig-23 is more agile than the f-14
    According to Jeff Guinn even an F-111 beats a MiG-23 close-in (not specified which version - might not have been an MLA/MLD):

Leave a comment:

• _Firefly
    replied
    Originally posted by AeriaGloria View Post
    Choosing what combo of R-24s to take is going to be painful
    With only two wing glove pylons and two variants of the R-24 available that choice is going to be rather limited... Depending on how useful the TP-26Sh IRST turns out to be, I might be inclined to try out an all-IR loadout.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X