Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MiG-23MLA external model WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by OverStratos View Post
    The wing angle lever is akin to the gear lever. It has some grooves equivalent to the predefined positions of 16, 45 and 72 degrees, but you can actually put the lever in whatever position you like for any given angle. You know in what position the wing is because you have a wing angle indicator in the cockpit.

    Putting the lever in any position will make the wing to stay in that setting, it will not move unless maybe with very high G.
    So it's actually possible to set to 30 degrees and turn better? Will the max g be lower for that? Overall, how easy is it to damage the airframe?
    i5-10600k/32GB 3600/1060gtx 6gb/1920x1200'24/VPC T-50 Saitek X-52 throttle Saitek combat rudder

    Comment


      Originally posted by Кош View Post
      So it's actually possible to set to 30 degrees and turn better?
      From a former East German pilot: 16 degrees for start, landing, cross country flights; 45 degrees for aerobatics and BFM; 72 degrees for all transonic and supersonic flights. Apart from that 'official values', many of the pilots set 30 degrees for low-level flying (to reduce the thermal forces on the wing) and for BFM. This was not permitted officially, nevertheless it was practised, because it made the plane a lot more agile and could not be detected on the flight data recorder.
      Last edited 06-19-2020, 09:04 AM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by OverStratos View Post
        The wing angle lever is akin to the gear lever. It has some grooves equivalent to the predefined positions of 16, 45 and 72 degrees, but you can actually put the lever in whatever position you like for any given angle. You know in what position the wing is because you have a wing angle indicator in the cockpit.

        Putting the lever in any position will make the wing to stay in that setting, it will not move unless maybe with very high G.
        And this is available on you MLA as well?
        I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

        Comment


          Wing control system "SPK-1A" allowing the setting of any angle of the wing arrow from 16 ° to 72 ° .Regulations for the use of the aircraft, however, allowed the use of angles 16 ° 45 ° and 72 °. Discussion with pilots of the USSR The MLD version used a wing angle of 30 ° instead of 45 ° for maneuver combat, when depending on the stabilizer deflection angle, angle of attack and speed, the leading edge of the wing was automatically lowered by 20 ° without deflection of the flaps. achievable number M = 1.4 on both angles of the arrow.ML-ka leading edge, of course, did not tilt, but slightly increased the area of ​​the wing and improved stability.
          The moving part of the wing was equipped with a flap with flaps: take-off - 25 °, landing -50 °. Simultaneously with the flaps, the leading edge tilted to the already stated value of 20 °. In the case of suspension of fueltanks with both 800 l, the sash was extended to the 16 ° position and locked mechanically in it. At the same time, the flap was extended only to 25 ° (electrically blocked).
          After dropping the fueltanks, the wing was controllable in its entirety.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by HWasp View Post
            Wiki says that an F-14A in 1977 cost 19.2 million USD, while the MiG-23 between 3.6 to 6.6 million
            If that is accurate, then you could buy 3-5 MiG-23 for the price of 1 F-14A, and production numbers reflect that.
            Based on that I'd say that a 1v4 scenario should be considered when talking about MiG-23 vs US 4th gens like the F-14 or the F-15
            And in that moment the F-14 or F-15 is burning on the way down.

            Take example the MiG-21Bis, its cost at the time about 1 million dollars for piece. And you would face about 8-12 of those against two F-14 or F-15. You simply don't have enough missiles to get even half of them down in the time they have closed and all are furbal.

            I had tested 4x MiG-21Bis vs 2x F-14B in AI controls, starting from a 100 km. And F-14's always lose the game, even if it is 2x AIM-54 + 2x AIM-7 + 2x AIM-9 for both tom cats and the Mig's has nothing more than 4x R-60 on each. The conclusion almost always was that no migs were shot down, while both tomcats dropped dead or were left limping home. And if I jumped to same MiG-21 scenario as fifth, I had all the free time of the whole world to do whatever I wanted by flanking etc and merge with the first tomcat.

            Now taking that same thing with MiG-23MLA, I wouldn't hesitate a moment to be in such engagement group.

            But this is why since the Korean war, USA has always had superiority in the numbers when engaging enemy in the air. Never trusting to the technological advantage, but always to the numbers. So if enemy sends 4 fighters, then USA sends 12 fighters.

            It doesn't matter how well you turn, as you always get a third player there to back up your six and get a another solution to enemy you are chasing.

            And these things does not appear in DCS multiplayers because there is no such doctrinal strategies nor tactics in the merge, but it goes more for just a random shooting with silly turning fights etc.

            It can be seen even in the major events where the pilots just can't really get communications and coordination built for the tasking. It just breaks out to pieces when something sudden happens as people are not custom for strict tactics and following commands and understanding what everyone should be doing etc.

            That is extremely challenging thing to learn and if you don't train that every day, it doesn't happen.
            i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
            i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

            Comment


              Originally posted by portman View Post
              because it made the plane a lot more agile and could not be detected on the flight data recorder.
              Did the flight data recorded store any info of the wing sweep, or just the previous official position? Like you went from 16 to 45 and then back to 30 and it registered always as 45 degree and so on if you went from 16 to 30 it was registered as 45 because you left 16 degree?
              i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
              i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

              Comment


                Originally posted by pepin1234 View Post
                If you crossing head on the F-14, mig-23 should turn in a climb and look for horizontal in a dive.
                Doesn't go that way. One can't just tell "you need to do this if you are against this". You can run math as much you want, but it is the pilot decisions and capability read situation that makes the difference.
                i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
                i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

                Comment


                  Just confirm ones again. Our Soviet ML version will have the same RWR we find in MiG-29 (I don’t remember the type name), countermeasures dispensers, and what else?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by pepin1234 View Post
                    Just confirm ones again. Our Soviet ML version will have the same RWR we find in MiG-29 (I don’t remember the type name), countermeasures dispensers, and what else?
                    SPO-15's were on the MLD's. Maybe some MLA's had them too.
                    New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                    Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

                    Comment


                      At least some Iraqi Mig-23's had spo-15's at some point if I'm not mistaken. I believe Razbam said the MLA will have a spo-15
                      sigpic
                      64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
                      Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
                      TS: 195.201.110.22

                      Comment


                        SPO-10 showing lock direction as IRL please. Also saw a video of MiG-23 flight with SPO-10 showing one locked threat and another one just illumination from another direction(don't know how does it relate to docs). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it shows distance to threat with blips repetition frequency. So SPO-10 is fine to be default.
                        i5-10600k/32GB 3600/1060gtx 6gb/1920x1200'24/VPC T-50 Saitek X-52 throttle Saitek combat rudder

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Кош View Post
                          SPO-10 showing lock direction as IRL please. Also saw a video of MiG-23 flight with SPO-10 showing one locked threat and another one just illumination from another direction(don't know how does it relate to docs). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it shows distance to threat with blips repetition frequency. So SPO-10 is fine to be default.
                          If we get special option to choose between SPO-10 and SPO-15, then I think the SPO-15 should be the default as that was the standard for soviets at the time. The SPO-10 was there as well but in some odd variants.

                          So it would be possible to simulate different eras and countries.

                          Of course again the SPO-X is less useful without proper mission briefing, GCI, wingman and SAM network.
                          i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
                          i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

                          Comment


                            Yes the developers told already we will get the Soviet ML version. That’s why the SPO-15. I will love the countermeasures dispensers because other wise we will go nuts. I don’t now if that special version have it.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Кош View Post
                              SPO-10 showing lock direction as IRL please. Also saw a video of MiG-23 flight with SPO-10 showing one locked threat and another one just illumination from another direction(don't know how does it relate to docs). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it shows distance to threat with blips repetition frequency. So SPO-10 is fine to be default.
                              You should probably post that up in the M3 mig21 section. As it stands the SPO-10 on the mig21 is pretty worthless, and doesn't do anything you describe. Especially when locked (all lights go on) otherwise you get blinking lights from radars in whatever direction (usually all of them if you are flying anywhere since you are surrounded by radars).
                              Last edited 06-30-2020, 05:25 PM.
                              New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                              Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Fri13 View Post
                                If we get special option to choose between SPO-10 and SPO-15, then I think the SPO-15 should be the default as that was the standard for soviets at the time. The SPO-10 was there as well but in some odd variants.

                                So it would be possible to simulate different eras and countries.

                                Of course again the SPO-X is less useful without proper mission briefing, GCI, wingman and SAM network.
                                Yeah, soviets often sold older versions of gear to less trusted "comrades". Be cool if we had a version with both as options as they probably both did exist IRL.
                                New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                                Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Harlikwin View Post
                                  You should probably post that up in the M3 mig21 section. As it stands the SPO-10 on the mig21 is pretty worthless, and doesn't do anything you describe. Especially when locked (all lights go on) otherwise you get blinking lights from radars in whatever direction (usually all of them if you are flying anywhere since you are surrounded by radars).

                                  Nop, this was fixed months ago. You get all the lights turning on only if the radar that's locking you is very close.

                                  Comment


                                    They are going to add a few options to represent field modifications available to customers, so you'll be able to fly with either SPO-10 or SPO-15, and the option to mount or not the countermeasures.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Lucas_From_Hell View Post
                                      They are going to add a few options to represent field modifications available to customers, so you'll be able to fly with either SPO-10 or SPO-15, and the option to mount or not the countermeasures.
                                      source please. thanks.
                                      ___________________________________________________________________________
                                      SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING * PLAYLIST

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Pikey View Post
                                        source please. thanks.
                                        Was mention by the developers somewhere in this forum
                                        sigpic

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by TLTeo View Post
                                          Nop, this was fixed months ago. You get all the lights turning on only if the radar that's locking you is very close.
                                          Hm, its been a while since I flew the mig, I'll have to double check, but its been mostly worthless for me historically. Does it operate like the other guy said?
                                          New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                                          Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X