Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we all like fat kids in a candy factory? Our pockets stuffed with all sorts of candy, holding a half-melted, half-eaten chocolate bar with chocolate smeared on our faces. "I can't wait for them to make that new candy bar!!" Never satisfied. LOL

When a new aircraft will be released in early access might be like looking into the fog of the future. Maybe they could say in terms of Not Earlier Than... My guess (I said a guess!!) would be NET February 2021. But I would think they (developers) could give a much more accurate NET time.

Are most aircraft module developers doing the work more or less as a hobby in their spare time? Because development can't pay them enough by itself? If they could afford to spend full time, 40 hours a week, working on these modules, how long would it take? A few months? How much would modules have to cost each of us, in that case? I think what we need to do, as customers, is "invest" some accelerator money. But then modules will cost us about $300 per license, or more, I'm afraid. Or maybe the modules could be annual licenses. You'd have to pay something like $70 initially and then $35 per year to keep using it. So, all we can do is wait...and wait...and wait.

It might be nice to have some standard status indicators. Every month each developer can report something like, "Development active, but slow." or "Development picked up this month. Things looking good. here's some pictures." or "Development stopped. Several months before it will resume." or the dreaded "Development side-lined, indefinitely. Changing projects." Would be much better than receiving nothing but static.
    Last edited 05-24-2020, 12:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Comment

Ooooh yeah. Look at that. More, GIVE US MORE!!
        Great work guys. Most excited about this incase you Can't tell.
        Please visit this thread and add a plus 1 to show support for getting a full fidelity Su-17/20/22 in game https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220572

Comment

Remaining chassis modules will also be designed in such detail ? AV-8b, Mirage.?
          Last edited 05-24-2020, 05:19 PM.
          Intel core i7 960 3.2GHz LGA 1366, DDR3 1333 24GB, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 1190Mhz (4Gb GDDR5)

Comment

Originally posted by Antoha View Post
            Remaining chassis modules will also be designed in such detail ? AV-8b, Mirage.?

i guess no and ask you why? what you see is called "progress" or "evolution", why should they touch minor details of "old" modules´ 3d models. . . it´s wasting ressources - and hopefully razbam does not. please put all ressources in doing this beautiful mig-23. . .

Comment

Originally posted by flanker1 View Post
              i guess no and ask you why? what you see is called "progress" or "evolution", why should they touch minor details of "old" modules´ 3d models. . . it´s wasting ressources - and hopefully razbam does not. please put all ressources in doing this beautiful mig-23. . .
              Except we already know they have artists working on projects that aren't even really being worked on yet like the EE Lightning, IA-58 Pucara, Sea Harrier, Mirage III, F-15E, etc. In my opinion their future modules deserve texturing and modeling priority over their already "complete" ones, but to suggest it would be a waste of resources definitely seems to be incorrect.

Comment

You are wrong and very strong. You are not alone in waiting for new modules, but this does not mean that earlier ones should be forgotten.Many are already tired of waiting for the completion of old modules. Throw everything and engage in new ones, I think is not right.
                Last edited 05-24-2020, 11:56 PM.
                Intel core i7 960 3.2GHz LGA 1366, DDR3 1333 24GB, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 1190Mhz (4Gb GDDR5)

Comment

Originally posted by Antoha View Post
                  You are wrong and very strong. You are not alone in waiting for new modules, but this does not mean that earlier ones should be forgotten.Many are already tired of waiting for the completion of old modules. Throw everything and engage in new ones, I think is not right.
                  Well. Vote with your wallet. I know i will.
                  New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                  Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Comment

Wait, so by your rational an unfinished early access module should no longer be updated with models that represent what would be a polished final product because the artists need to focus on new modules that are not released? I can understand working on some new models and then going back to update the current early access models, especially since the EA modules are still buggy and need work on the code side before they can even start coding new modules. Unless of course you have determined that the EA modules are done enough and the coders can move on to new modules now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlikwin View Post
                      I will too...by spreading it wide open.

sigpic DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them
                      System:
                      Spoiler:
                      I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Comment

I have all the modules purchased

Comment

Originally posted by ruxtmp View Post
                          Wait, so by your rational an unfinished early access module should no longer be updated with models that represent what would be a polished final product because the artists need to focus on new modules that are not released? I can understand working on some new models and then going back to update the current early access models, especially since the EA modules are still buggy and need work on the code side before they can even start coding new modules. Unless of course you have determined that the EA modules are done enough and the coders can move on to new modules now too.

Comment

That's what I have done and will continue to do so until the Harrier finally comes out of early access with a full manual and the aircraft being feature complete and in the main bug free. That meant no purchase of the Mig-19 and will mean no purchase of the Falklands Map or the Mig-23, or the F-15E, or the Pucara, or the Lightening and all these other modules in the elongated pipeline of Razbam. I wish them every success in bringing to fruition these over the horizon modules but I will not own a increasingly burgeoning stable of incomplete modules.
                            Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Comment

Thats alright. Ill buy the Strike Eagle and Flogger for you.

Not FOR YOU.. for me, but in honor

i wouldnt trade my Harrier and Mirage for any other module. The only reason i dont have the MiG19, is the lack of ammo it carries. The module, is beyond good.

Comment

Each time I visit this thread I imagine having a damage model as detailed as the 3D model…
                                I'll buy :
                                МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 F-14A Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Comment

Originally posted by Bogey Jammer View Post
                                  Each time I visit this thread I imagine having a damage model as detailed as the 3D model…
                                  Or avionics... Or missiles... Or an FM...
                                  New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                                  Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Comment

every time i see this thread i despair imagining it draped in the mig-19's arma3-modder-tier textures
                                    hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Comment

Or avionics... Or missiles... Or an FM...
                                      Is this an habit? I came to realize that you´re always doubting on these aspects.

Is there anything you think is wrong in the MiG-19 to always doubt of how accurate the modeling of systems and flight model will be in the MiG-23?

If there´s nothing and accuracy of these aspects has been proved to be right once and again, why still the doubts?

I just need to know, that way I can focus on those that care and avoid the people that like to run in endless circles.

Comment

Originally posted by probad View Post
                                        every time i see this thread i despair imagining it draped in the mig-19's arma3-modder-tier textures
                                        So, just to be sure,

In your opinion these textures are Arma 3 modder level and not to the standard DCS requires?

If that´s the case I´m sorry that you consider that. These textures were reviewed by several illustrators, photographers and pilots and they considered they were good and it´s why they were included. In any case we will try to improve even more for the MiG-23 so you can like them this time.

Comment

Originally posted by OverStratos View Post
                                          Originally posted by probad View Post
                                          So, just to be sure, [...]

Why even take the time to respond to such a nonsense post?
                                          >> DCS liveries by golani79 <<

Comment

Working...
                                          X