• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite right Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by pepin1234 View Post
      Personal description from the Cuban pilot that pulled the trigger:

Could be interesting to watch if just understood anything. google translation makes such a odd work that Spanish > English is just impossible to follow.
      i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
      i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Comment

Mig-23 pilot at video beginning: -at about 8km I detect them. They were coming in combat formation but they open break to quickly get into dogfight. I turned right and they turned toward me to get the tail of each other. I pulled hard the control lever with high Gs and I got to get his tail. I pulled the trigger of the close range rocket and I saw it left toward his nozzle. We saw the tail on fire, The rocket did a direct impact on the nozzle and after that we saw him in a hard deep dive. We didn’t see him ejected.

Min 4:16 Shilka commander: I left the equipment combat ready. They were coming in low flight to then pitch and dive to bombing our batteries. I saw the 3 targets and quickly we got the system ready, I did two Long burst shot. Two of them got right break and the left one hold a moment and I shot there another long burst shot and it exploded on the air.

Min 2:40: The officer is explaining the very important action on his opinion about the mission accomplished of a group of intelligence Cubans explorers. They got to penetrate 20km deep the rearguard of the enemy and they were formed by the intelligence officer, the medic, the artillery officer, the cooker, the Politic officer and some other soldiers. This mission got to detect the enemy position and we were very pleased to get our aviation punching those enemy position.
        Last edited by pepin1234; 09-08-2020, 11:24 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pepin1234 View Post
          Mig-23 pilot at video beginning: -at about 8km I detect them. They were coming in combat formation but they open break to quickly get into dogfight. I turned right and they turned toward me to get the tail of each other. I pulled hard the control lever with high Gs and I got to get his tail. I pulled the trigger of the close range rocket and I saw it left toward his nozzle. We saw the tail on fire, The rocket did a direct impact on the nozzle and after that we saw him in a hard deep dive. We didn’t see him ejected.

Min 4:16 Shilka commander: I left the equipment combat ready. They were coming in low flight to then pitch and dive to bombing our batteries. I saw the 3 targets and quickly we got the system ready, I did two Long burst shot. Two of them got right break and the left one hold a moment and I shot there another long burst shot and it exploded on the air.

Min 2:40: The officer is explaining the very important action on his opinion about the mission accomplished of a group of intelligence Cubans explorers. They got to penetrate 20km deep the rearguard of the enemy and they were formed by the intelligence officer, the medic, the artillery officer, the cooker, the Politic officer and some other soldiers. This mission got to detect the enemy position and we were very pleased to get our aviation punching those enemy position.
          Thank you.
          DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7A / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Comment

San Antonio base, Cuba. with some ML units combat ready after so many years:

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if OverStratos has access to those Fulcrums too!

Bye
              Phant
              AMVI - AERONAUTICA MILITARE VIRTUALE ITALIANA

Comment

Question, is there conclusive proof that Soviet MiG-23MLAs were retrofitted with flare dispensers or is the model we're getting a mix; I know for example that Iraqi MLAs had ASO-2s?
                Urraaaa!

Comment

Originally posted by EpicBlitzkrieg87 View Post
                  Question, is there conclusive proof that Soviet MiG-23MLAs were retrofitted with flare dispensers or is the model we're getting a mix; I know for example that Iraqi MLAs had ASO-2s?
                  We are getting a soviet MLA, and an Iraqi version as well, with SPO-15/ASO-2 etc.
                  New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                  Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Comment

interview to Mig-21, Mig-23 Cuban pilot with two Valor Medals Tte. Cor. Eduardo Gonzalez Sarría talking about his pilot experience and specially about some of his experiences in the Africa wars. (In Spanish)

sigpic

Comment

Who will take one for the team and subtitle this 2h+ interview?

Comment

I just finish listening the interview. Very nice and interesting. Yes will be even more nice see a translation to English for the community.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X