Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a refuel / rearm point on the side of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create a refuel / rearm point on the side of the road?

Hello,

I'm trying to launch a few Harriers from the road. What vehicles do I need next to the road? Will this work? If I put a FARP in the grass next to the road but launch and land on the road will I be able to refuel? I can't stand how the Farp is puffed up.

I know there was a cool mod. My understanding is that is doesn't work in 2.5. Razbam is it possible to make some Harrier specific FARPs?

Originally posted by Kroll View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to launch a few Harriers from the road. What vehicles do I need next to the road? Will this work? If I put a FARP in the grass next to the road but launch and land on the road will I be able to refuel? I can't stand how the Farp is puffed up.

I know there was a cool mod. My understanding is that is doesn't work in 2.5. Razbam is it possible to make some Harrier specific FARPs?
    Well, I guess a great number of mission builders would love to get a simple "Refuel-Zone" or the new single pad FARP without the goddamn FARP hill... I personally had high hopes for the "Grass Airfield", but it seems I can't get that to work as an Airfield/FARP/Refuel point either.

The most simple thing to solve this, would be for ED to give us a Zone that allows for the rearm/refuel dialogue to work when a unit is landed in that zone. The rest can be handled by the mission designer.
    A landing "T" texture to mark a landing zone would be a coil add on, but it would be icing on the cake.

We just need the option to open a refuel/reload dialogue in a zone we can freely put anywhere.
    Together with "start from ground" for all helos and Harriers, AJS37 Viggen or any plane, that would give us limitless options for forward operations, improvised airfields and refueling points.
    Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
    Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Comment

Just as an aside the Mod works in 2.5 and also takes advantage of the single FARP. Cheers.
      Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

sigpic

Comment

The Viggen has this... you setup an humveee and a refuel truck by the side of a road, and you can refuel rearm by the road side
        Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Comment

Originally posted by Tripleinside View Post
          The Viggen has this... you setup an humveee and a refuel truck by the side of a road, and you can refuel rearm by the road side
          Interesting! Can we get a little more detail on the set up of the Humvee and the fuel truck i.e. the USA fuel truck is the " Tanker M978 HEMTT" do we just have to inject those in the mission near the road or near by if using a grass airfield? Do we need to do any special triggered actions?

I think this is a great topic for the abilities of the Harrier!

Thanks in advanced
          16th Mojeaux
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mojeaux View Post
            Interesting! Can we get a little more detail on the set up of the Humvee and the fuel truck i.e. the USA fuel truck is the " Tanker M978 HEMTT" do we just have to inject those in the mission near the road or near by if using a grass airfield? Do we need to do any special triggered actions?

I think this is a great topic for the abilities of the Harrier!

Thanks in advanced
            16th Mojeaux
            It is a specific "workaround" for the AJS37 Viggen, by Leatherneck. The AV-8B Harrier does not work with it, neither do the grass-airfields, at least not yet.
            Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Comment

Shagrat,

Can you please what vehicles for the Viggen. I couldn't get it to work with the Viggen. Razbam can you please do the same thing.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kroll View Post
                Shagrat,

Can you please what vehicles for the Viggen. I couldn't get it to work with the Viggen. Razbam can you please do the same thing.

Thanks
                Have a look at the original guide:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185826

P.S. ...and I would rather have ED implement a simple "FARP-Zone" than every 3rd party invent their own "refueling/rearming workaround". This should be part of the normal world and not related to specific aircraft.
                Last edited 03-06-2018, 02:10 PM.
                Shagrat

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Yeah, having a REAL rearm/refuel zone is an old dream, but it looks like we will have to deal with the infamous and awful Aztec pyramid styled Farp for a long long time

Comment

So what needs to be placed in order to rearm/refuel the Harrier roadside?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyG View Post
                        So what needs to be placed in order to rearm/refuel the Harrier roadside?
                        You can't! It is a specific option hard coded into the AJS-37 Viggen module.
                        You can land the AV-8B on a FARP (equipped with a Humvee, M818, and Tanker). Then land the AV-8B on the FARP.
                        It worked in 1.5.8 after early access release.
                        To test if the FARP is setup correctly, you can use a helicopter if you have one and try rearming/refueling.

Edit - the FARP command post, Ammo Storage tent and Fuel depot should work as well.
                        Shagrat

Comment

You can also place a single helo landingpad.

https://youtu.be/VfpbW-2fkGg

Regards Intruder
                          Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 OC 8GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster MFD, Thrustmaster T300RS, Logitech G13, HP Reverb Pro, Stream Deck XL

sigpic

Comment

Im a trying to do this for some helos. but cannot get this to work. Im trying to land them in an LZ. i have all the vehihcles there set radion freqs and evey thing. but nothing on Interphone Vhf or UHf on the freaq and nothing rearm refuel window. please help as to what im doing wrong

Comment

You MUST use a FARP. That's what a FARP does.
                              When you hit the wrong button on take-off
                              sigpic

System Specs.
                              Spoiler:
                              No code has to be inserted here.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Orso View Post
                                You MUST use a FARP. That's what a FARP does.
                                You cannot taxi on or off of a FARP, which restricts you to vertical operations.

Amazing that we don't have something like the Marston Mat Mod in the stock game so that we can build improvised airfields into missions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222775&page=5
                                475th Fighter Group Discord https://discord.gg/xkKsApD
                                sigpic

Comment

Yes, if you want to operate from a road you need a marsden mat square abbutted agains the road that you can roll onto it. But you also still need a fuel and ammo truck and a vehicle with a radio, although you also set a frequency on the mat itself -- not sure what the deal with that is.
                                  sigpic

System Specs.
                                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by pmiceli View Post
                                    You cannot taxi on or off of a FARP, which restricts you to vertical operations.

Amazing that we don't have something like the Marston Mat Mod in the stock game so that we can build improvised airfields into missions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222775&page=5
                                    You can actually use the large green area around the pads. If you land there you can still refuel and rearm. This enables you to carry a lot more than with pure VTO. The attached picture shows how I've used it. But yes, we need a more practical way to do it.

Attached Files

Comment

.. until you are in MP and the tactical commander parks his fuel and ammo trucks on the green strip, or other Harriers park there.
                                      sigpic

System Specs.
                                      Spoiler:

Comment

It is relatively simple with some MODs, imagination and a working knowledge of the ME. I use roadside FOBS all the time in a similar fashion as used in Germany by the RAF dispersing their Harriers to temporary FOBs in woods etc...

Mods in these pictures are from Upuaurt, Suntag, Dezimm and a bit of Gizzy's angel dust....

All are fully functional, Harrier & Helos, spawn under cover off road, taxi onto the road and take off with near max loads.... Landings are generally RVLs on the road. Repair / Refuel / Arm by the tenders roadside. Mobile Tacan too though not sure they were about 1980's.

All are MP only on RAFAIR UK's and 1 SQN servers.

Last edited 08-07-2020, 02:31 AM.
                                        RAF AIR UK
                                        1(F) Squadron RAF AIR UK (Harriers)
                                        No 1 FTS RAF AIR UK (Helo's)

Far too many DCS modules, a black box full of expensive
                                        gizmos, more controllers and buttons than the space shuttle,
                                        a face mask and a big TV!

Comment

Working...
                                        X