Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razbam has stated that they have difrent teams Working on their Modules. ;-)
    F/A-18C, AV-8B, Huey, Ka-50, Mig-21, A10C, FC3, BF-109, M2000C, AJS-37, P-51

Ryzen 5 2600 ~4Ghz, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, EVGA GTX 1070

Comment

In the last "monthly" update video it was stated that RB has 3 coders working on projects and that 3 projects were being worked on. Someone interpreted that to mean that the 3 coders were dedicated to a single project, and Decoy explained in a post in this forum that that was not the case.
      When you hit the wrong button on take-off
      sigpic

System Specs.
      Spoiler:
      No code has to be inserted here.

Comment

Nevertheless, they can't keep up with three modules out and in early access state while working on the next plane systems and FM with only one system coder and one FM coder. It makes no sense at all.

Edit : Oh ! BTW, I was the one who called out the ambiguous Decoy statement about having three coders for three aircrafts actually released. I was not interpreting anything, I specifically quoted the previous statement from Decoy to raise a yellow flag. A warm and friendly reminder can be found here.

Originally posted by viper2097 View Post
        Would you be so kind to name them or give us anymore info?

In the manual of the Mirage and also the Mig19 are Zeus67 (for avionics) and CptSmiley (for flight model) named. No name in the Harrier manual.
        On the Razbam homepage, there are also only these two persons (again for Zeus67 for avionics and CptSmiley for flight model) named as coders.

[…]

So I'm wondering how this fits with what you are saying?
        Which coder(s) is working now on the Mirage?
        Which coder(s) is working now on the Harrier?
        Which coder(s) just did the Mig19 and is working now on it?

[…]
        Still waiting for an answer after three weeks. That's kind of depressing to be honest.
        Last edited 03-30-2019, 07:30 AM.
        There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Comment

So, just to -clear up-(?? lol) the controversy, this is what is in the video (transcribed to the best of my ability; no guaranties of perfection):

Now, as you know we are planning and are working on the updates for both aircraft.

So the midlife overhaul so to speak.

We've got a few additions that we're gonna be adding, I'll post a link so you guys can see all they are and I'll put them up on the screen now.

So we're gonna be [garbled] holding that one, but the Harrier is the one that's gonna get the
          majority the love, but bear in mind the Mirage came out first.

It's only prudent the Mirage gets looked at, as a priority, to be fair.

So we are looking at that at the moment, but we do have more than one team; I mean there's sixteen people working at RAZBAM.

We've got one group that are looking after the Mirage; we've got one group that looking after the Harrier; and then we've got one group, which is finishing off on the Mig-19.

So what I mean by that is, obviously we've got three coders, there's a coder for each aircraft.

We've got the texture artists, which to be fair, they actually share their workload, so they go from one aircraft to the other, so Tim and Clark have been doing the textures for the Mig-19, and now that that's 99.9% complete...
          So, to be honest, I would have a hard time understanding from the video, anything other than, each aircraft having a dedicated coders. However Decoy has stated otherwise, regardless of how contradictory his explanation is.

And about knowing the names of coders, I don't see any purpose to that, nor right on the side of customers. Don't be trying to meddle in the internal workings of any company in which you do not personally hold an investment.
          When you hit the wrong button on take-off
          sigpic

System Specs.
          Spoiler:
          No code has to be inserted here.

Comment

Any news about the 2000-5?

Comment

@RAZBAM

Just...please...fix glaring critical bugs in M2000 as a priority, starting a fresh project with these outstanding is insanity.

And please have a tighter definition of "ready" for the Harrier.

Comment

I have the feeling there is just one true coder for all the projects, Zeus67 the manager himself. And probably the development bottleneck.
                Be careful it's what I feel and think only, I hope to be corrected
                I'll buy :
                МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 F-14A Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Comment

Originally posted by Bogey Jammer View Post
                  I have the feeling there is just one true coder for all the projects, Zeus67 the manager himself. And probably the development bottleneck.
                  Be careful it's what I feel and think only, I hope to be corrected
                  To my knowledge there are 2 other coders, Tobeh(sp) and Cpt smiley. At a guess, Tobeh/Zeus are working on the harrier now (or maybe just Tobeh) and Smiley is fixing the mig19FM since he's the FM guy.
                  New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                  Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Comment

Well it is nice to hear that they are still working on the Mirage and the Harrier, it makes me optimistic suddenly.

I thought it was a much smaller team than 16 people but if they only have 3 coders and several projects, it makes sense that they can't progress on all fronts quickly.

I wish them well though, hopefully both released modules will get further improvements and bug fixing over time.

Comment

Any updates to this old post?
                      Flying the Harrier
                      IYAOYAS

Comment

do we have a chance for see jaguar in the future roadmap ?, after long way work of mig23,tucano,mirage3

alwasy in service in India with mig21,mig23,mig27, it get strong upgrade aesa elta E/M 2052 radar and new engine, new missile, for the next 20 years. retired from europe replaced by tornado or rafale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAcRUaRUrk
                        Last edited 11-09-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

They showed us many module projects and then they disappeared or got silenced

* C-130
                          * Ch-53
                          * Super Tucano
                          * F-15E
                          * Bronco

Why is this happening?
                          FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-4E
                          Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria
                          NS-430 | Supercarrier
                          Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | AH-64

Youtube
                          Z390 / i5 9400F / Gtx1070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 4

Comment

Never heard about the C-130 and CH-53 but the other three are apparently still in development or at least on hold. Just because they’re aren’t saying anything about those projects doesn’t mean they’re dead. They did say they were not going to bring anything else out until the Mirage and harrier were out of early access/beta.
                            All the devs work in different ways that suit themselves and not their customers. I’m sure they’ll let us us know their plans in due course. A Christmas update for devs is quite usual.
                            MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Comment

Originally posted by mr_mojo97 View Post
                              Never heard about the C-130 and CH-53 but the other three are apparently still in development or at least on hold. Just because they’re aren’t saying anything about those projects doesn’t mean they’re dead. They did say they were not going to bring anything else out until the Mirage and harrier were out of early access/beta.
                              All the devs work in different ways that suit themselves and not their customers. I’m sure they’ll let us us know their plans in due course. A Christmas update for devs is quite usual.
                              Here for the CH-53:
                              https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189130

Comment

You guys are doing a great job. I'm sure you can rise to the occasion for whatever challenges you choose to heroically embrace.

Still, have an energy drink for good measure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cIRW46yNEY

Comment

Originally posted by ebabil View Post
                                  They showed us many module projects and then they disappeared or got silenced

* C-130
                                  * Ch-53
                                  * Super Tucano
                                  * F-15E
                                  * Bronco

Why is this happening?
                                  Because they are focused on finishing current modules (M-2000C, AV-8B, MiG-19), and there are already some others in the pipeline (F-15E or MiG-23 with 3 models).

So further prospects can wait.

At least this is my understanding...
                                  Mirage fanatic !
                                  I7 7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go 2400 Hz/ SSD Samsung 850 EVO/ TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD base + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S
                                  M-2000C X-55 VR profile
                                  M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation
                                  Flickr gallery:
                                  https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
                                    Because they are focused on finishing current modules (M-2000C, AV-8B, MiG-19), and there are already some others in the pipeline (F-15E or MiG-23 with 3 models).

So further prospects can wait.

At least this is my understanding...
                                    Since when are there 3 mig23 models? And which ones?
                                    New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                                    Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Comment

Originally posted by Harlikwin View Post

I'm pretty sure there is still just MLA planned.
                                      i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Comment

Originally posted by Harlikwin View Post

Sorry, it's a mistype
                                        Mirage fanatic !
                                        I7 7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go 2400 Hz/ SSD Samsung 850 EVO/ TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD base + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S
                                        M-2000C X-55 VR profile
                                        M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation
                                        Flickr gallery:
                                        https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Comment

No updates?
                                          No first post changes to update the roadmap?

Nada?
                                          i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
                                          i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Comment

Working...
                                          X