Atlas Cheetah ... Maybe ?

Maxzouz

Is the "eventually" in "Warning: This is a proof of concept, it´s not even started as a project, but eventually will be part of our DCS collection" a translation error?

Just wondering...in German "eventuell" means 'maybe', could be similar in other languages...

Anyhow, I like this generation of airplanes and the Cheetah surely looks great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

How about finishing one aircraft before starting development on another twenty? That being said, the Cheetah looks great.

As far as I know they were only actively developing the T-2. :) I think the others like the Harrier and F-15E had only 3D models imported into DCS and have no substantial work done in them, and I'm sure the Cheetah is the same thing, a 3D model there just for the fun of it. I agree though that prematurely showing all that stuff to either not be released ( given on how things are with some 3rd parties ) or to only be released many years from now is not adequate, in my opinion at least. :P

Edited by eFirehawk

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

and if anything most if not all the avionics and electronics and all the design knowledge and hands on engineering work for the creation of this airplane was supplied by IAI (Israel Aerospace Industries), so they should realy be doing the Kfir, which is the de-facto operational fighter jet this airplane is modelled after ;)

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Is the "eventually" in "Warning: This is a proof of concept, it´s not even started as a project, but eventually will be part of our DCS collection" a translation error?

Just wondering...in German "eventuell" means 'maybe', could be similar in other languages...

Anyhow, I like this generation of airplanes and the Cheetah surely looks great.

It means exactly that, it will eventually, be coded, finished and shipped as a product.

The proof of concept lies in some development techniques, and AFM stuff, guess what, it worked.

As for what we are actively working, we are currently committed to the M2000C and the T-2, other models are in "hold" for reasons, out of our hands.But the team is always working, maybe i should stop posting pics of stuff we are testing and concepts we are trying to include into our products lineup? I really try to refrain to post pics of what we have and are working just because i know the level of expectation it will create, not to mention all the projects that are not out there yet, but this particular case, i simply couldnt because what i was trying to prove...worked.

For instance we do have a nicely looking A-29 Supertucano, all textured and stuff in the sim, it´s not into coding phase or anything, but we have to put it into the sim in order to see how it looks, don´t we?

..Won´t happen again, i promise..

Best regards

Prowler

• Like 1

It means exactly that, it will eventually, be coded, finished and shipped as a product.

The proof of concept lies in some development techniques, and AFM stuff, guess what, it worked.

As for what we are actively working, we are currently committed to the M2000C and the T-2, other models are in "hold" for reasons, out of our hands.But the team is always working, maybe i should stop posting pics of stuff we are testing and concepts we are trying to include into our products lineup? I really try to refrain to post pics of what we have and are working just because i know the level of expectation it will create, not to mention all the projects that are not out there yet, but this particular case, i simply couldnt because what i was trying to prove...worked.

For instance we do have a nicely looking A-29 Supertucano, all textured and stuff in the sim, it´s not into coding phase or anything, but we have to put it into the sim in order to see how it looks, don´t we?

Best regards

Prowler

Please don't let the children on this forum ruin things for everyone.. I for one greatly appreciate the pics and any news provided by you folks.. Please ignore the ignorance!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Best regards

Prowler

Sorry, didn´t mean to sound rude, I am no native engish speaker, so might be the language barrier...

In my years in business I saw enough efforts going down the drain, because of some minor misunderstandings, due to seemingly similar words, with fundamental different meanings.

And as said, I like that bird...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Very nice work, waynting a loot for this projetc.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

• 1 month later...

Best regards

Prowler

That is unfortunate. I prefer to hear news, even if it is bad news.

And as a South African, I am really biased towards the Cheetah C for a flyable.

By the way, the Mirage 2000 would be my favorite to add on to DCS.

P1160053.thumb.jpg.10d69c661a765e74e2decebd748bae36.jpg

Please don't let the children on this forum ruin things for everyone.. I for one greatly appreciate the pics and any news provided by you folks.. Please ignore the ignorance!

^^^^

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about finishing one aircraft before starting development on another twenty? That being said, the Cheetah looks great.

+1

Vaporware is just that...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

This is only assuming you don't do parallel development, and that building 3D objects and textures takes away from FM and avionics coding.

As most software developers will tell you, this is usually not the case, and modeling is a different skillset than coding. So please give RAZBAM (who has a history of parallel development of high quality aircraft over multiple game platforms) the benefit of the doubt.

Some time ago I was doing conceptual testing for a vehicle aerodynamics package. I'd brainstorm up some ideas, CAD them, and then run CFD. I could CAD a lot faster than the CFD could run and I would end up with more models than CFD runs very fast.

I think the same might be true here. Getting a model together and imported isn't the biggest step in making a DCS module.

On the Cheetah, another plane I'd look forward to. There really aren't many I wouldn't. I also like being given as much information as the devs can share. Thanks.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
They make this plane and I will be a happy camper, my country used to be so great once, now we just another african success story.

Thanks OP I appreciate the thread, even if its a little old.

Moenie so negatief wees nie. Alles is bevok hier in FUNSA.

Hoop jy het n generator gekoop om DCS te speel.

Moenie so negatief wees nie. Alles is bevok hier in FUNSA.

Hoop jy het n generator gekoop om DCS te speel.

Ja nee boet, ek het n nuwe PC gekoop om DCS te speel, nou moet ek generator kry om die PC te gebruik, lol. Dit maak my die moering, ek se vir jou.

• 8 years later...