342M's TV at night only displays solid white; completely unuseable.

XCNuse

I don't have a replay, but can likely easy get one; night mission, enabled TV, put it in IR mode and... white. Solid... blank white.

Contrast and brightness knobs had zero effect on the TV.

Switching from IR back to TV, still solid white, made no change in brightness; despite before pressing IR mode, the image was solid black (because it was 1AM mission time).

For reference this was on the NTTR map.

There has been some problems since the lighting update. I experience this problem too and the only way to "fix" it is to zoom on the landscape ; once the camera target a specific spot at close range, your TV will be able to display the IR sensor. At least this is how I handle the problem on my side.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Unfortunately I haven't been able to come up with a solution; and no it was certainly not pointing up; as it was in forced forward / slave mode so I could just throw the copter around without slewing, and it was.... just white.

Zooming made no change or anything.

Definitely a bug either way though I think that's agreeable.

I don't want to say it's completely a polychop issue though, I recall a few other aircraft having issues with the TGP and like cameras glaring out and sometimes never returning.

That's the issue with the gazelle though is the not returning to normal function. Usually with the other aircraft like the F16 I could reset the TGP and it would return to normal, not the case with the Gazelle.

I think I may have figured out what's happening.

deleted the fxo and metashaders2 folder; restarted...... headed towards targets looking through camera, swapped over IR, looking at... nothing but cold dark ground; bright white.

Things looked different/better however this time with the normal TV mode, like things weren't as high contrast, despite not touching the knobs.

So, same issue; then I did something.

Zoomed back out, went to TV, back to IR........

working.

So I am now under the impression that swapping to IR breaks when you're zoomed in, not sure by how much, and I've only had the opportunity just this once this morning to just try doing it again to prove/disprove my issue, but I'm now leaning that pressing the IR button while zoomed in is the bug.

Have you turned on the Thermal IR and waited 3 minutes....I have made it a practice to turn the Viviane on (2 upper switches on the Video Command Box) while still on the ground.

So i'm thinking it's a time thing, try that again after 3 minutes from turning it on...

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Have you turned on the Thermal IR and waited 3 minutes....I have made it a practice to turn the Viviane on (2 upper switches on the Video Command Box) while still on the ground.

So i'm thinking it's a time thing, try that again after 3 minutes from turning it on...

We'll look in to this report but what MPalmer said is correct. When you switch to IR, make sure it has cooled for at least 3 minutes. Having an all white screen sounds like the IR system wasn't cooled yet.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We'll look in to this report but what MPalmer said is correct. When you switch to IR, make sure it has cooled for at least 3 minutes. Having an all white screen sounds like the IR system wasn't cooled yet.

I very much imagine it was; but if that were the case, then the TV (non-IR) should've appeared black, however it was not; it ended up being white, and... a brighter white.

I haven't had a moment to attempt replication but, I'm holding onto the zoom being the culprit over the warmup time.

I know it wouldn't have been down to full warmup time as that flight was more than 10 minutes long and being at night I switched the IR on after startup, and had used the camera itself for certainly more than 3 minutes and not being able to figure out how to make it not white I had to give up the flight.

So I'm not sure, but I know it wasn't down to warmup time, UNLESS, it doesn't function properly after trying to use it before it cools down, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

I'll have to play with it more to figure out what happened and what I can do to make it happen again.

I'm still partially curious about that last flight where it happened, and zooming out fixed the issue, BUT, that was a quick test, and was more likely to be in the warmup timeframe.

Also, try deleting the fxo & metashaders2 folder out of your saved games folder...try this last in your troubleshooting for a good testbed

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Of Course, are you in Black Hot mode??

Normal Sight _VDO

1981346660_NormalSight.thumb.jpg.76e26aeceb29d3c0dbe2c49e0b8f88f0.jpg

Black Hot

1177584753_BlackHot.thumb.jpg.8d86501142dd2cf1ec5cda49ba798b1c.jpg

White Hot

1852271146_WhiteHot.thumb.jpg.67dabe4153a2effa7dcccbd344480052.jpg

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

Yes I did try...

I tried it at different zoom levels too...

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 9:02 PM, nawarren said:

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Totally useless at night. Also laser range finder is stuck at 5860 m. No matter where i point the sight and lase.

What is the HOT3 missile launch mode selector switch with the key set to? Day or Night?  Night mode is at the bottom right.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was posting about this bug a loooot time ago here. There is even a video about this problem. Polychop even told that theyre investigating the problem 😄

It's here:

Just look at the dates... 

The best solution is to give up all hopes for Gazelle and pay them for Kiowa... 

Edited by Alienzo