No announcement yet.

The quiet is deafening!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would prefer something almost finished like the Viggen, the F14 and the JF17 instead of a piece of crap like the M2K was at release. Just be patient.
    i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 2080 TI, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, (MFD Cougar) (Trackir 5 Pro) Oculus Rift S
    sigpic
    https://www.twitch.tv/wch_zarma / https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074

Comment

Completely agree, let PC work and make this as polished as possible before release. I am happy to wait if it means a quality product is coming out from the start. Not every team is huge and has dedicated CMs ; I’d rather they concentrate on making the best possible product if they have to chose between that and engaging with people here on a daily basis. besides we do get a sweet pic every week...

Comment

I do not mind a 2021 release as long as the hind comes this year.
        Each and every chopper in DCS world is schooled total and proper by me.
        A little time in between releases is no bad thing

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:
        Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.
        Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,
        DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.
        My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.
        VR Driver system:
        I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Trooper View Post
          I do not mind a 2021 release as long as the hind comes this year.
          Each and every chopper in DCS world is schooled total and proper by me.
          A little time in between releases is no bad thing
          Simon Pearson (ED business dev. director) confirmed the Hind was a Q1 2021 release in a recent interview, based on latest info of course so subject to change. I also hope both come a separate intervals so I have time to learn one before the other comes...

Comment

Originally posted by Qiou87 View Post

Simon Pearson (ED business dev. director) confirmed the Hind was a Q1 2021 release in a recent interview, based on latest info of course so subject to change. I also hope both come a separate intervals so I have time to learn one before the other comes...
            EEEeeeeewwww, a Hind 2021 release date is so upsetting.
            What is a chopper pilot to do over Christmas?

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:
            Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.
            Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,
            DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.
            My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.
            VR Driver system:
            I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

Comment

I have watched that interview, but I have not heard him saying that. He said the devs will still be busy with the Hind in Q1, but that doesn't mean it won't release into early access before that.
              Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGon View Post
                I have watched that interview, but I have not head him saying that. He said the devs will still be busy with the Hind in Q1, but that doesn't mean it won't release into early access before that.
                I might have misunderstood or misremembered. My understanding was, at some point, he said the Mosquito was coming before end of 2020, and Hind in Q1. But you might be correct, I am not 100% sure.

Comment

I might have misunderstood or misremembered. My understanding was, at some point, he said the Mosquito was coming before end of 2020, and Hind in Q1. But you might be correct, I am not 100% sure.
                  No you were correct. Heared it too.
                  I just skipped through the interview:

About Minute 43 and thereafter on upcoming modules.
                  He said the Mossie was still planned for release before Christmas.
                  The Hind P is then currently planned to 2021 Q1.

Wouldn't surprise me, if it is even further away, from the way he put it.
                  Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Comment

Originally posted by Raisuli View Post

I'd bet money this will positively be brought up when...

Just kidding . They'll release it when it's done, I'll buy it the same day.
                    yawn

Comment

2 Days ago:
                      We aim for a 2020 release but, granted, 2020 is almost over and there is a possibility we won't make it. Yet we stand by the fact that we won't be releasing an early access module or a module with many features missing or half done. If it takes longer to get it right, we will take our time to do just that. We want the release to be feature complete and mission ready. That is not to say we won't be adding additional features later on.

As to where we are in the development process; We're still working hard to adjust the flight model. All values in all situations have to be correct. This is a very tedious process, mostly crunching numbers. While this is something that can hardly be shown, it makes a world of difference when flying the Kiowa Warrior. The end of this process is in sight though and from that point on we will be working on implementing and adjusting system specific features.

Comment

Thanks for posting that update here, where was it originally?

Great to see this kind of commitment to a full release, DCS has too many early access modules as it stands.

Comment

"...we will be working on implementing and adjusting system specific features"

Can someone explain what they meant by this? Features specific to the user's pc system? Like force feedback, VR, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow84 View Post
                            "...we will be working on implementing and adjusting system specific features"

Can someone explain what they meant by this? Features specific to the user's pc system? Like force feedback, VR, etc?
                            No, PC mean Kiowa Warrior features i.e. MFD menus/logic that need further refinement, the moving map, etc., etc.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Comment

Ah...sounds like less of a sprint to the finish line than I had hoped. Oh well, so we wait. Thanks Ramsay

Comment

Working...
                              X