Any future plan for planes which can be used as the enemy of this bird?

J-20

Thanks for developing this plane in DCS. This module brought tears in my eyes. Remind me too much of the younger days in IL-2 game, I used this plane and fought the enter Lvov and Smolensk campaign in the DGen campaign.

Dear developer, do you have any future plan for planes which can be used as the enemy of this bird?

Like Mitsubishi A5M or Bf-109D &or E?

Thanks for developing this plane in DCS. This module brought tears in my eyes. Remind me too much of the younger days in IL-2 game, I used this plane and fought the enter Lvov and Smolensk campaign in the DGen campaign.

Dear developer, do you have any future plan for planes which can be used as the enemy of this bird?

Like Mitsubishi A5M or Bf-109D &or E?

Don't worry; if I'm flying it the F/A-18 is easy prey... :joystick:

There is a huge deficit, as the Soviets would say, of early war aircraft. Exactly 1, in fact; everything else is a late war monster. I'm not expecting the I-16 to get into any friendly (or otherwise) rivalries any time soon, unfortunately. Hurricane 1, A6M2, F2A, 109A...good stuff.

I dream of Finnish B-239 and Karelian Isthmus map...

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Some AI German bombers (Stuka, Heinkel or similar) would be very nice.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It can fight itself, it has nationalist and republican skins (Spain civil war) /smartass.

Overall I think it's silly to ask for matched counterparts for any plane. At least while the context is a small existing plane set. Each new plane made to expected standard is a big effort. Keep going for planes with the most interest and broadest appeal.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 2 years later...

For my view,The  I-16's opponent would be the bufalo brewster B-239, when Finland was at war with Russia against I-16 ww II. The B-239 being considered obsolete, its behavior in combat was very surprising. 459 victories claimed against 15 lost during 41-44. of course you need map battle

for fun with il2

Edited by jpbordi
  • Like 3

My vote goes for an early Bf-109 (A through E). It can be used in a variety of scenarios - from the Spanish Civil War, to the Battle of Britain, to the early days of Barbarossa on the Eastern Front. Speaking of the Spanish Civil War, there were He-51s that were much more prevalent before the Condor Legion brought over the -109Bs. It'll be an interesting duel -  biplane vs. early monoplane. And, of course, there was the I-15, though it's a stablemate - not an opponent - for the I-16.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dcn said:

I hope it would be He 112.

An interesting plane - never heard of it till now. With a 2-bladed prop, too... Thanks for bringing it up!

That said, I don't think OctopusG will be developing any of the I-16 opponents: As they said, they are a small team and have their hands full with the I-16, the upcoming La-7, and projects related to other games. I'm grateful for all their work on the I-16 and can't wait for the La-7. Meanwhile, I would love to see other developers come up with "competition" for the I-16 - planes from the 1939-1941 time frame. Unfortunately, everyone is playing the market, which is small enough for WW2 (most players want to fly mach-2 and fire fox-3s all day). And even within the small WW2 market, the early war period appears to be of little interest (e.g. many US buyers want to fly US planes, which are from the second half of WW2 in Europe and from the Pacific theater). However, BoB is such an iconic period in WW2 that, I imagine, sooner or later someone will produce a Bf-109E4 and that will open the flood-gates for other pre/early WW2 planes. 

• Like 1