Auto pilot ignores rudder aerodynamics

Tom Kazansky

hi

I'm new to the Christen Eagle II and I consider it a fine variety to a pure combat sim. Enjoying it very much.

But on my fist flight I encountered the following:

While auto level flight (autopilot on), the aerodynamics of the rudder inputs are totaly ignored by the flight model.

You can do (and watch) full rudder, left or right and the plane flies straight ahead.

Any chance to get this fixed? It is not a game breaker, obviously. But it looks really bad for a study sim.

P.S.: Does the pilot's 3D model show Wags' face? ;)

• 6 months later...

This isn't a bug. This module is provided with artificial simple auto pilot for users willing to familiarize themselves with the cockpit in flight or enjoy landscapes. Thus it takes all controls off the pilot hands, including the rudder.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

This isn't a bug. This module is provided with artificial simple auto pilot for users willing to familiarize themselves with the cockpit in flight or enjoy landscapes. Thus it takes all controls off the pilot hands, including the rudder.

This would make sense if the ailerons and the elevators weren't "blocked" by the autopilot correctly. Only the rudders are movable and the aerodynamic influence of that movement is ignored.

It would make more sense and it would look much better if the rudders are affected by the autopilot like the ailerons and elevators.

(btw: the blocking of the elevators looks as it should, but the ailerons blink unrealistically while the pilots tries to move them with autopilot on. Hope this could be fixed as well.)

I still hope Magnitude 3 considers that behaviour a bug... some day.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

In reality this aircraft is not provided with with autopilot. As explained it was added for reasons above. And as such all inputs are negated. The only difference is that animation for rudder works and so you see rudder pedal movement.

So the only issue here is the animation for rudder pedals. Nothing of the aerodynamics nature.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

In reality this aircraft is not provided with with autopilot. As explained it was added for reasons above. And as such all inputs are negated. The only difference is that animation for rudder works and so you see rudder pedal movement.

So the only issue here is the animation for rudder pedals. Nothing of the aerodynamics nature.

Agreed. Thank you.

I will forward this Tom, thank you for the report ;)

• 7 months later...