Jester constantly switches out of PLM / VSL mode,

Bearfoot

This one is totally new, and not related (it seems) to the other Jester/AWG-9/Phoenix/TWS/RWS issues documented elsewhere (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=282566).

It's easy to replicate -- single player or multi, no matter what configuration the aircraft is. Just take her up and try to switch to PLM or VSL. Jester switches you back forcibly into whatever radar mode he prefers (TWS-A if there are any contacts).

I cannot dogfight because I cannot stay in PLM. With the controls indicator on, you can see me switch to PLM and Jester forcing the switch to TWS.

No mods, tried a clear/repair.

No joy.

Is it just me?

I can post a track if needed.

Just to be sure, we're talking about PLM here, not PAL? PLM is only engaged so long as the pilot holds down the PLM button, afterwards the radar reverts to whatever mode the RIO has set.

Likewise if you're in VSL and press PLM, the radar reverts to the RIO, not VSL.

Ok, figured it out.

Two separate issues:

(1) There are multiple VSL Hi/Lo commands, one set under the Jester Radar menu and the other under the "Left Instrument Panel". I had previously bound the latter. Then a controller reset, and the second time around I bound the former. The former does NOTHING. Or rather, nothing useful that I recognize. I guess it instructs Jester to got VSL Hi or Lo, but he always goes back to his own thing anyway so it doesn't last long. It's the latter that I wanted (the set under "Left Instrument Panel"): this is the pilot override for BFM. THIS is the useful one.

(2) Yep, you folks are right --- I confused PLM with PAL. I previously had PAL bound. With the controller reset I bound PLM and was expecting PAL behavior.

So, mea culpa on both counts. And not a bug. Thank you all for you input. It helped greatly into figuring this out.

Edited by Bearfoot