[DCS BUG] F14 Throttle and Rudder Axis issue

zacsac

I am seeing a very weird but 100% repeatable issue with the F14 and the Throttle and Rudder axis (Warthog Throttle and Stick + Saitek Pro Rudders). Whenever I go to update the Throttle and Rudder axis (Pilot controls) their respective rows are both highlighted red. While they appear to be mapped to the correct functions they do not work when I enter the sim.

I have tried deleting the associated joystick files in the Saved Games folder (saved games\DCSOpen Beta\Config\input\F14B\joystick) however that only temporarily works as while it will not have the red rows for Throttle and rudder after this action and even allow the config edits to work in the 3d world (Sim) once I exit and restarts it reverts back to the red rows for throttle and rudder axis and neither works in the sim.

Anyone else seeing this? I have only seen this in the F14. I have tried other modules (F18, Mig19, AV8B) and have not seen this issue.

Edited by IronMike

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue, it didn't start until after i installed Voice attack yesterday. Prior to this I never saw a problem. No issue with the F-18 stick profile or any other.

:censored:

New hotness: I7 8700k 4.7ghz, Crucial Ballistix 32gb ddr4, EVGA RTX2080 Super, TM Warthog, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 6700 ~3.2GHZ, 32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX1080 TM Warthog. Rift CV1.

I’m using Vaicom which also uses voice attack - the interesting thing there’s been no updates for DCS beta or Vaicom (need to check voice attack) recently so odd how it just started all of a sudden.

I not sure if Viacom is the issue, I just noticed the problem after the install. Each time I want to fly the -14 I have to reset my inputs. After mission complete it seems to mess up again. So weird.........

New hotness: I7 8700k 4.7ghz, Crucial Ballistix 32gb ddr4, EVGA RTX2080 Super, TM Warthog, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

There was a Vaicom issue when AIRIO was first released but this was patched quickly. Haven't flown for a few days but mine was fine on Sunday.

Might be worth checking the Vaicom Pro thread elsewhere on these forums to see if there is any issue.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ok, guys here is what i found out. After installing a clean version of the game. minus VA and VAICOM addon's. I went into the game and setup my controllers. After exiting the game and reentering I saw that my controllers had again reverted back to error state.

Now in my case I have a warthog and thrustmaster rudder paddles. I changed the throttle in game from the default left and right to both I apologize for not having a SS of it but hopefully you get what i am saying. so I than deleted the save games input for the -14 and reset the controllers again. I noticed that the default location is Left RZ and Right is . So i left it this way and than setup my rudder paddles and launched the game.

Verified it worked and than shutdown the game and relaunched the controller stayed and worked as intended. flaw two missions closing out the game each time afterwards and each time the controllers stayed.

So my next test with be installing VA without mods and than with minus Airios

I will keep you'll posted

Thanks for the update Wolfpack - I think I understand what you mean with the default left and right. Here's what's currently in my config (note I have a script for the throttle to get all buttons/actions as DX inputs)

["a2005cdnil"] = {

["added"] = {

[1] = {

["key"] = "JOY_RZ",

},

},

["name"] = "Throttle Left",

["a2006cdnil"] = {

["added"] = {

[1] = {

["key"] = "JOY_Z",

},

},

["name"] = "Throttle Right",

I've got a Warthog Stick and throttle but using MFG for the rudders but doubt that its the rudder pedals that are causing the issues - but it is interesting that you are also using the warthog.

• 1 month later...
I am seeing a very weird but 100% repeatable issue with the F14 and the Throttle and Rudder axis (Warthog Throttle and Stick + Saitek Pro Rudders). Whenever I go to update the Throttle and Rudder axis (Pilot controls) their respective rows are both highlighted red. While they appear to be mapped to the correct functions they do not work when I enter the sim.

I have tried deleting the associated joystick files in the Saved Games folder (saved games\DCSOpen Beta\Config\input\F14B\joystick) however that only temporarily works as while it will not have the red rows for Throttle and rudder after this action and even allow the config edits to work in the 3d world (Sim) once I exit and restarts it reverts back to the red rows for throttle and rudder axis and neither works in the sim.

Anyone else seeing this? I have only seen this in the F14. I have tried other modules (F18, Mig19, AV8B) and have not seen this issue.

Having this same issue after the DCS 2.5.5.32299 Open Beta update still

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243419

I my workaround process is the same as yours, have you found a fix for this?

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It has been a long time since this post hasn't been active, but since i didn't find anywhere else to post and since this bug is still bothering my game experience.

I have seen this bug since 2.5.5, (when i bought the f-14), and it's still happening in 2.5.6.

I'm using TM Warthog stick and throttle and TM Rudder pedals.

I've found that to me the conflict is happening whenever there is only 1 throttle axis mapped ingame. Then my Rudder axis goes red.

So as i wanted to have the axis "Throttle Both", i just mapped Z axis of the TM Warthog throttle in it, and mapped RZ axis to the "Throttle left" then tuned this last axis to have 0 saturation.

In this way there is no conflict anymore, and i don't need to change game files.

I've also posted here. Is it likely to be related to VoiceAttack and Vaicom again? I've had other issues created by Viacom previously and it messes with the comms menus in games with them flashing on and off every few seconds and preventing other key presses. As a result Vaicom has been disabled on my PC for a while, but I am still using VoiceAttack because of using the Rift; it makes things much simpler in VR. Unlike the other issue though, this only affects the F-14. All other modules are working fine.

A screenshot of my issue can be seen here

Edited by tom1502

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

• 4 weeks later...

I tried several time to reset the bindings et redo the config from scratch several times but it did not work.

Nevertheless I finally found a solution:

1. Make a backup of your bindings (I did it directly in DCS).
  2. Clear all axis assignements for all devices.
  3. Quit DCS.
  4. In the folder: "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\joystick", delete all lua files except "default.lua".
  5. Restart DCS.
  6. Clear all axis assignements for all devices.
  7. Import the backup done at step 1.
  8. To finish check and adjust the axis if needed.

• Thanks 1