Mouse control in the F-14?

ferdios

Hi, I can't afford a HOTAS and a controller is too sensitive for me to use, even with all the curves. So I went through the F-14 controls and to my surprise I saw these particular keybinds/axis assigns, "roll mouse", "pitch mouse" etc... These sound an awful lot like mouse stick inputs/mouse control. So I tried them out, assigned pitch to mouse Y etc... And they don't seem to work, turned off clickable cockpit and still to no avail. So now I'm wondering, are these actual mouse controls or am I missing something? And if they are, I'd love to get an answer on how these work. I asked in the ED help room but all I get is "DCS isnt like war thunder" or "DCS is a simulator like nothing else" and all they do is say that controller or a HOTAS is better, a HOTAS obviously but I prefer mouse control after all the years in FSX, P3D and Xplane, so please don't respond to this post saying I should just invest in a HOTAS, because I just can't. No one can seem to find an answer on what these keybinds do and I think only Heatblur devs would have a clue since obviously nearly everyone that owns the F14 has a multihundred dollar HOTAS so they would never look into this. Also it's my first time ever posting on ED forums so I deeply apologize if I messed something up.

Kind regards.

052d12ba8fbf1d1af06bac459a6f41a4.thumb.png.61a0ff38745da18d1bc90e93903751c3.png