TF30 Asymmetric AB light: How much is bad?

Nealius

I'm playing with curves on my Warthog throttle to get the detent to match with MIL and over the detent to start AB. Right throttle is set up perfect, left throttle is having issues: MIL is MIL, but when I advance both throttles to AB simultaneously, the left throttle punches the AB Zones almost a full second in advance of the right throttle, causing some major (or so it seems) asymmetric lighting of the blower. It's almost as if getting 10 booms from the 5 Zones lighting so out-of-sync.

I assume in real life there was always some asymmetric lighting of the burners, but how much of a delay between the left/right engines is acceptable vs potentially hazardous?

The throttles in the whole module have been asymmetric (Left more than right) ever since, which can be seen clearly by the FF and other gauges. It's about time to be fixed finally!

As a side note, I also see this in the Hornet, but not by as far as much.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The throttles in the whole module have been asymmetric (Left more than right) ever since, which can be seen clearly by the FF and other gauges. It's about time to be fixed finally!

As a side note, I also see this in the Hornet, but not by as far as much.

It’s normal and is exacerbated by pilot technique.

Viewpoints are my own.

So it's normal for the left engine to go into Stage 1 AB at the MIL stop? Because that's what's happening to me with my throttle's AB detent. The context of my question is being overlooked and I'm getting a lot of non-answers :(

I'm trying to fix my left throttle so that it will give me "what see in the sim is normal." Currently it's established in Zone 5 while the right throttle is just beginning to light Zone 3 (or still in Zone 2!) despite moving the throttles simultaneously. I would expect maybe a 1-Zone delay, not a 2-Zone or 3-Zone delay.

For the record, I'm using this curve:

F-14B:

0-4-10-19-32-44-56-67-79-90-100

And it works perfect for the right throttle. MIL is MIL. For the left, MIL is Zone 1 AB, so I tried lowering the 10 and 18 values, but now I'm having the aforementioned issue with the left throttle lighting Zone 5 while the right throttle in the same position lights Zone 3 or so.

Is the left engine always ahead of the right? I'd expect light off to be more random.

For me, yes. I can't get them timed well unless I lead with the right throttle by a solid 5mm. If I reset the curves to where they were, I get Zone 1 in the left at MIL and MIL in the right at MIL.

I think the point is being missed here. I am using this curve for both my right and left throttles:

F-14B:

0-4-10-19-32-44-56-67-79-90-100

I use this curve in the F-14B, and there it works perfect for both the right and left throttles.

However the same curve in the F-14A only seems to work for the right throttle, and is "out of alignment" for the left throttle. I tried adjusting the curves, but since the mechanism of how those curves actually work is not explained anywhere, it just made the "out of alignment" a bit worse.

I'm asking for help fixing the above curve so that it works on the left throttle just as it does on the right throttle.

Just to clarify, if set to the same position both throttles should eventually catch up, even in afterburner. If you're throttles are physically at the same position and you see a larger difference between engine rpm than like 1-2% or the throttles visably in different positions in the pit there's likely something wrong with your input hardware as if both throttle tell dcs that they're at, as an example, 80%, that's where they'll be in the aircraft as well.

The afterburner delay we're talking about is just the time it takes for the zones to light, they should still end up the same after that delay.