Pitch & roll detent

Tmi

Hello!

Did the Tomcat have a physical center detent in its control sticks' pitch and/or roll axis? I was just wondering how i should set up the cams on my base so that they would be fairly similar to the real plane (with obvious restrictions).

Im currently using the VPC T-50CM2 base with the default cams and the heavy spring.

The flight controls in the tomcat used a cam mechanism to provide an artificial sense of feel not unlike the Warbird or the other cam/spring bases. It also included bob weights that would “pull” on the stick as a result of acceleration, all to give a sense of touch to the flight controls.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

The flight controls in the tomcat used a cam mechanism to provide an artificial sense of feel not unlike the Warbird or the other cam/spring bases. It also included bob weights that would “pull” on the stick as a result of acceleration, all to give a sense of touch to the flight controls.

Ok, thank you for the reply. I guess i'll stay with the Soft Center cams. The reason i'm asking this is i've been binge watching Tomcat cruise videos on youtube and one video had some interesting cockpit footage:

and

It looks like the control stick is on "rails" in those clips and there seems to be a some sort of a detent keeping it that way.

Out of interest, do you use the "two bump" cams on your WarBRD?

No, I use the stock cams but with the extra heavy springs that you can buy separately.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick