23-09-2020 Patch Feedback thread

IronMike

Hi guys,

if you want to leave us feedback for the current patch, feel free to use this thread. I'll try to make such a thread with each patch in the future. Basically a place for direct feedback on updates. Thank you for all your input!

Changelog to be found here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4497142&postcount=26

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

:captain:Very good initiative. I salute this!

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Not feedback about updates, but about attitude and examplery to request a direct feedback on each patch for one thread.....

Communication is everything!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Cant get Jester to change radar ranges because the command isnt there to pick from on the wheel every now and then. The AIM 54 mk60 is hit or miss. I haven't tried the others today. Most of the time I have to get Jester to lock a target and break the lock to get anything hooked. Constantly Jester goes from TWS to RWS when its not asked for. Can we get the Jester commands to not move on the wheel or disappear? Can we get Jester to not go into a star wars loop of babble when in flight refueling? Still love the module. Will be back next patch.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

DCS 2.5.6.55363 Open Beta 2020-09-23

1. ARC-159 keybinds (and reverted preset/guard being switched) - FIXED

2. AN/ARC-159 radio display window does not correspond to current MODE selected. - FIXED!

3. UHF ARC-159 MODE INC cycles between MANUAL and GUARD only. - FIXED

4. UHF ARC-159 MODE DEC cycles between MANUAL and PRESET only. - FIXED

5. Key Commands for individual MODE functions (Guard, Manual, Preset) correct. - FIXED (Thanks for all of this, fellas!)

Last Bug Standing on AN/ARC-159 UHF RADIO

6. UHF AN/ARC-159 FUNCTION keybinds are mismatched.

--a) Keybind for ADF switches radio function to OFF

--b) Keybind for MAIN switches radio function to BOTH

--c) Keybind for BOTH switches radio function to MAIN

--d) Keybind for OFF switches radio function to ADF

We're almost there, Mike! Thanks for the dedication HB.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Possible memory leak. FPS is high (generally above 50) but periodically drops to bellow 20 for short periods of time, and then returns to normal. The dips don't last longer then a second.

Not sure if introduced with the current patch, as i didn't flew long enough previously. Happened to me on two occasions with the F-14. Generally after about 40-60 minutes of flying. First time during the AAR Caucasus mission, and the second time, during a home made BVR one-on-one mission. Plugged into the F-16 and F-18, to see if i can reproduce in those planes too. So far negative. Maybe i need to fly them for a longer period of time.

Oddly, swapping a plane seams to eliminate the stutters. Switched to the F-16 after the 2nd occurrence then back to the F-14. Everything went smoothly. No time to do further tests this evening.

All the flights were in SP.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Copy paste from my other reply as sadly issue persist after recent update:

Just stopping by to tell you that in non VR open beta (latest) is the same FPS issue - yes I tried everything, running on SSD as well. Every other module is fine on pretty much high settings. No matter what I change the FPS (gpu spikes) in F14 inside are horrific.

From 60 fps to complete stop for a sec and back to 60.

Lowering pit textures via mod not helping at this point, tried every other trick including messing with pagefile - no difference. Again, every other module works absolutely fine.

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz 48 °C

Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology

RAM

32,0GB DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-27)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 PRO (LGA2011) 33 °C

Graphics

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte) 52 °C

I forgot to add, that from what I`m experiencing, and from what I read on other topics on the F14 performance, it must be something under the hood causing this, as its not the visuals. For example, same high settings, same dense scenery and planes like resources hungry MiG-21 loads fast and runs smoothly 40-50fps. F-14 is simply unplayable in the same environment.

Was the HUD recorder really an issue? I appreciate the attention to detail if real world drivers were removing it, but I barely notice it's there and I fly in VR full time.

Very surprising as I remember zero requests for the feature. I thought HB were talking about priorities here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285634

btw: My mouse pointer doesn't change when removing and mounting the camera - just the usual arrow.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Very surprising as I remember zero requests for the feature. I thought HB were talking about priorities here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285634

btw: My mouse pointer doesn't change when removing and mounting the camera - just the usual arrow.

Some features are added through communication with our SMEs. They'd regularly remove the HUD camera before landing.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Some features are added through communication with our SMEs. They'd regularly remove the HUD camera before landing.

OK, good to know. The camera actually helps me with the line up on a carrier cat :)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Cant get Jester to change radar ranges because the command isnt there to pick from on the wheel every now and then. The AIM 54 mk60 is hit or miss. I haven't tried the others today. Most of the time I have to get Jester to lock a target and break the lock to get anything hooked. Constantly Jester goes from TWS to RWS when its not asked for. Can we get the Jester commands to not move on the wheel or disappear? Can we get Jester to not go into a star wars loop of babble when in flight refueling? Still love the module. Will be back next patch.

Press shift enter and bring up the joystick display. It also shows radar mode. When jester is in TWS Auto you can't tell him to scan manually. It would be nice to have him go back to yes manual if you know something is there tho, I agree

theyd take off with it and remove it in flight? if so that made me lol

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Good fun, as always!

After jumping back in today to test it out, I find that I can no longer see contacts on the TID. As well, even in TWS Auto, Jester can't. I vectored myself in towards multiple bandits with the AIM-54 ready to go, but there was never a radar contact so Jester never locked anyone. It wasn't until it came down to WVR that he started calling stuff out.

I was playing the Instant Action free flight, and it was the same problem on both Syria and Caucasus.

Good fun, as always!

After jumping back in today to test it out, I find that I can no longer see contacts on the TID. As well, even in TWS Auto, Jester can't. I vectored myself in towards multiple bandits with the AIM-54 ready to go, but there was never a radar contact so Jester never locked anyone. It wasn't until it came down to WVR that he started calling stuff out.

I was playing the Instant Action free flight, and it was the same problem on both Syria and Caucasus.

The contacts on the free flight mission are all notching you, two of them are choppers. It takes significant maneuvering and radar work to get them on scope, I wouldnt read too much in to that. Try one of the BVR missions instead, see how that goes.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

The contacts on the free flight mission are all notching you, two of them are choppers. It takes significant maneuvering and radar work to get them on scope, I wouldnt read too much in to that. Try one of the BVR missions instead, see how that goes.

I'll try out some other missions, but I know for sure that I was in multiple situations where I should have seen them. Like chasing down an AN-26 and coming up behind it. I intentionally did this with the F10 menu. Switching to RWS didn't help either, even within 10nm.

I'll try out some other missions, but I know for sure that I was in multiple situations where I should have seen them. Like chasing down an AN-26 and coming up behind it. I intentionally did this with the F10 menu. Switching to RWS didn't help either, even within 10nm.

There's not enough data to tell you what happened. Make a track, video or screenshots, whatever. The target can be notching when beaming and flying lower than you, can be doppler filtered depending on closure rate, can be outside of your search cone, you forgot the radar was in standby... we don't know.

Looks good. I'm glad the guard thing is fixed. It became part of startup procedure to change to guard.

I made another template with VF-32 on the Harry Truman off of Syria, but forgot to try and take off the HUD cam. Probably tonight.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

At 10nm the cone is so thin, that it is better to switch to the pilot acquisition modes, even a small movement of your nose will put the target just outside of the radar's gimbals quickly, especially with a changing distance to target and no STT lock of course. If you were chasing the guy, it is possible the closure rate was too small for the radar to pick it up, which again makes the use of PAL, etc.. preferable.

We did an online test last week on the 104th server and some squadrons joined to fill it with numbers. Unfortunately - and that is not to say we dont believe some of you experience issues - for us everything worked perfectly. And I don't mean that as an overstatement, it literally worked down to the tee as expected, all of it. Understandably, this was the disappointing part. We finally wanted to see the Jester RWS bug for ourselves, the TWS-A issues, etc etc.. However in 3 hrs of online flying, everything worked as advertised. Solid locks, solid sanitization and sorting of targets, and yes expected ghosting here and there, etc, but nothing out of the ordinary. I bagged a 6-0 until the end where I got shot down, because we started recapping the issues while still flying, else, we would have all landed intact with a shared 15 or more kills in between us. The phoenix, while doing its wonky thing, guided to target, Jester behaved like a good pupil... meanwhile we were praying for a bug to happen... Why am I saying this? I think there is currently a mix between real issues that happen which we acknowledge 100% (I mean we have seen proof enough, even if we ourselves cannot reproduce it), but also a bit of user error, or limited understanding of the radar/ learning curve etc that muddies the line atm a bit between what really is buggy radar behavior, and what is simply an old radar working as advertised. I will open a new thread soon, so we can observe new reports only and clean out a bit old impressions, etc... Of course this is not meant to pass judgement on anyone's radar skills.

That's just on a side note to let you guys know how our internal testing went last weak. Suffice to say, we really hoped to experience the issues ourselves. But, it also points towards these issues likely becoming less likely, so to speak. Which is very positive, at least from our point of view. If they would be frequent still, we would have seen at least something. Yet, we didn't. Even in the density of reports and player feedback I get directly from online players, it seems to have improved lately a lot. Hence, for the time being, I am approaching all reports concerning the radar with caution. Needless to say that we don't take them any less serious because of that.

Please let me know how your other missions went. If you have the PG map, try on devil's edge. Personally I get 100% detection every time I fly it and 100% kill ratio on both 29s.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

DCS still crashes after compressor stall when closed both Inlets in supersonic flight. Few bangs and fire effects and game crashes. If the A model comes in next month, those TF-30's stalling a lot more don't sound nice.

And that Jester background sounds way too loud.

Edited by Blinde