No announcement yet.

23-09-2020 Patch Feedback thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, you forgot to lower the phoenix C variant's chaff resistance.

I remember the reason for BUFFING it was :
    "However their seeker heads are of very similar power irl, too, so chaff resistance between the C and the aim120 is more or less the same"

If true that should work both ways i guess ??

Oh and is it true that the chaff resistance for the old analog phoenix missiles is STILL set to 0.06 ???
    Isn't it weird that a 1970's ANALOG seekerhead missile has almost 2x the chaff resistance than a modern aim 120c ?
    Last edited by Csgo GE oh yeah; 09-29-2020, 06:36 PM.
    SATAL : "Summary - Tomcat limited to 2 AIM-54A mk74 Phoenix per aircraft for both Diamond and Gold leagues. All other Phoenix types, AIM-54A mk60 and AIM-54C, are currently banned."

Comment

Thanks for the discussion of helicopter rotor returns, it makes sense. I'm happy to learn something new.

Comment

Radar issue inside 15 miles

Attached is a .trk file, been seeing this happen rather frequently since the last patch. Appears to be somethin either with jester or possibly the MLC filter that is causing the radar to break lock in situations when it should not.

Situation is I am closing head on with a target, lock him up at 40 miles in PDSTT, shoot a sparrow (AIM-7M) at him at ~15 miles. I and the bandit are at 20,000 feet.

After launch I perform a simple bunt, drop the nose to get underneath the bandit, keeping him visual, at ~8 miles jester calls he lost the lock and it drops, even though I am in look up (2,500 foot altitude delta at 8 miles) with 180 knots of radial closure (812 minus 632 ownship) This has been happening rather consistently even with much greater look up angles in PDSTT, always in rather inopportune times.

Test 7m 2.trk

Comment

Originally posted by KlarSnow View Post
          Attached is a .trk file, been seeing this happen rather frequently since the last patch. Appears to be somethin either with jester or possibly the MLC filter that is causing the radar to break lock in situations when it should not.

Situation is I am closing head on with a target, lock him up at 40 miles in PDSTT, shoot a sparrow (AIM-7M) at him at ~15 miles. I and the bandit are at 20,000 feet.

After launch I perform a simple bunt, drop the nose to get underneath the bandit, keeping him visual, at ~8 miles jester calls he lost the lock and it drops, even though I am in look up (2,500 foot altitude delta at 8 miles) with 180 knots of radial closure (812 minus 632 ownship) This has been happening rather consistently even with much greater look up angles in PDSTT, always in rather inopportune times.

Test 7m 2.trk

Thank you, we will take a look.
          Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Comment

Originally posted by KlarSnow View Post

Test 7m 2.trk
            Originally posted by IronMike View Post
            Thank you, we will take a look.
            Very interested into this. I might have experienced it too, but i can't say for certain, as by the time i am sub 20 NM i have usually switched to P-STT, so my statistical sample is too small.
            Current modules:
            FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map......ah yes, forgot the Super Carrier! Shows you how often i fly these days....

Modules in waiting: F-14A, MiG-23, F-4U, F-8, Falklands Map

Wish list: South East Asia map, F-4J/N, A-6, F-15A/C, Su-27, Sea Harrier FRS.1, Mirage III, MiG-17.

Comment

Working...
            X