Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F14-b livery folder

Hi,

I'm trying to install my first 14 livery into C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\f-14b but whatever folder I use the livery is not available in DCS (and the country is correct of course, double checked).
    What folder name should I use?

Kind regards,

Marcel

Wrong directory. This one works for sure: \DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\F14\Liveries\f-14b

Comment

Yes, know that one works, but I prefer to use the Saved Games folder not to mess up my install, I do the same for my other modules. Is that not (yet) possible for the F14?

Comment

What I am using (although not exactly what you asked for, it does keep liveries out of the main game folder):

I have an Entry.lua file in my saved games folder under Mods\aircraft\Liveries Import. I don't remember whether I had to create this file or whether it already existed and I edited it:

The contents of Entry.lua:

The line mount_vfs_liveries_path points to any location on your PC to store liveries. On my PC at that location:

Note that all custom liveries live here, not just for the tomcat. I don't know if there is as way to do a plane specific folder or not.

Comment

Saved Games> DCS.openbeta> Liveries> F-14B

that will work. Makes sure its capitalized.

Strike
          vCVW-11
          www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog

Comment

C:\Users\name\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\f-14b works for me.
            i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Comment

Originally posted by CoBlue View Post
              C:\Users\name\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\f-14b works for me.
              C:\Users\name\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\f-14b works for me as well.

I would recommend downloading/installing a livery from the DCS User Files to see it that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cab View Post
                C:\Users\name\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\f-14b works for me as well.

I would recommend downloading/installing a livery from the DCS User Files to see it that works for you.
                This should work for everyone. If it is not working for you do a repair because something in your game install is not right and it's probably causing other problems for you as well.
                F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, indeed f-14b does work. Turns out the livery I used was probably just incorrect, downloaded another one and that one did work.

Thanks for your help,

Marcel

Comment

Talking about liveries, can anyone share some insight here, if you will:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...ivery-repaired

Would be very much appreciated, thank you.
                    Intel i7 4790K
                    GTX 1660 Ti, 6GB
                    16 GB DDR 3
                    Samsung 860 QVO
                    Win 7, 64 bit

- HANGAR -
                    Flaming Cliffs 3 , MiG-21bis , Mirage 2000C , F-14 A / B , F-16C , F/A-18C

- MUSEUM -
                    Flanker 2.0 , Lock On , Black Shark

Comment

Working...
                    X