Could the AJS-37 Lighting Issues PLEASE get addressed

Weegie

There are quite a few things still wrong with the Viggen and it took me a bit of time to sort some of them out. I'm not carping it's a fantastic module and it was a bold step of HeatBlur to produce it and I thank them for it. It is just so different fun and quite challenging is some respects yet very simple to operate in others. Real Swedish design and out of the box thinking, love it.

The main problems I'm having with it at the moment though do affect my love of the module and that's the lighting implemented by ED seems to wreaking havoc on the Viggen.

The Radar, HUD and the landing/taxi light could do with a fix sooner rather than later

The HUD almost seems to mist up, from time to time

The Radar is all but unreadable, just a green or red glow with few features (which is real shame as in original form when launched it was a game changer at the time)

The taxi/landing light is non existant from inside the pit.

All the other stuff I can live with until Heatblur get around to it, but I'd love to see the lighting issues addressed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok checked it

Large slice of Humble Pie for Weegie.

The radar is still Ok, thanks for chiming in Bagpipe. It was great to see it working dunno what I did, probably just goofed up on the lighting

To be fair the HUD is not too bad, but that dammed Taxi, landing light is non existant

• Like 1

Ok checked it

Large slice of Humble Pie for Weegie.

The radar is still Ok, thanks for chiming in Bagpipe. It was great to see it working dunno what I did, probably just goofed up on the lighting

To be fair the HUD is not too bad, but that dammed Taxi, landing light is non existant

Taxi light 100% needs looked at. The Tomcat has a very bright light now so shouldn't be too difficult to remedy

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed on the current stable is that the left position lights (the small white lights at the rear) are always on, even when the aircraft is cold and dark and the switch is off.

I noticed that the navigation lights also come on when switched on, even when the aircraft is cold and dark, as do all the position lights (even when they're set to off).

Other lights don't come on when switched on.

And this is in a completely cold and dark aircraft, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, the track file is down below.

Obviously the taxi/landing light is in dire need of an update.

AJS-37_Exterior_Lights_Bug_01.trk

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 3:08 PM, Northstar98 said:

One thing I've noticed on the current stable is that the left position lights (the small white lights at the rear) are always on, even when the aircraft is cold and dark and the switch is off.

I noticed that the navigation lights also come on when switched on even when the aircraft is cold and dark, as do all the position lights.

Other lights don't come on when switched on.

And this is in a completely cold and dark aircraft, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, the track file is down below.

Obviously the taxi/landing light is in dire need of an update.

AJS-37_Exterior_Lights_Bug_01.trk 81.44 kB · 7 downloads

Still there

bandicam 2021-01-25 15-54-06-800.jpg

• Like 1

Yep...

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

Well... at least we got some unrealistic NVGs, right? So who needs these lights anyways?

/cynism

Yeah, that kinda bugs me, we've been waiting for the in-cockpit brightness controls for the EP13, as well as corrected textures to the CM switch on the left canopy frame since the Viggen released nearly 4 years ago. And now these lighting issues, which have persisted for months (alongside the Viggen below-par landing light, (the switch of which is also missing a position).

But as soon as someone wants something semi-unrealistic (apparently NVGs were used in the Viggen according to one of the Heatblur developers), it's in as soon as it's asked for.

I usually have nothing but praise for Heatblur, but I think it's fair to say we're kinda being let down here.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

System:

I wonder if "Increased the strength of the Landing/Taxi light" mean that the landing lights have been added, as you can't change something that doesn't exist.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

On 9/20/2020 at 8:54 PM, Bagpipe said:

Seems okay for me. Taxi light needs re-worked.

You need to dim the radar at night even with filter on full. Not perfect yet but it's useable.

379028935_DesktopScreenshot2020_09.20-18_53_52_86.thumb.png.f47be3e91b2091703e63b505f29ea177.png

769489350_DesktopScreenshot2020_09.20-18_42_49_47.thumb.png.93a8065472a849955974b547ae145bb2.png

282364262_DesktopScreenshot2020_09.20-18_42_56_01.thumb.png.2d780c79458ac6e27509cc9a7bfb5535.png

1194246004_DesktopScreenshot2020_09.20-18_53_24_45.thumb.png.f7cc457c670aeeda80774b91c491bc08.png

@Bagpipe How did you turn on the night red filter? I've already tried everything)
Changed the keyboard shortcuts, etc. Doesn't work = (
Is this just my problem?

10 hours ago, alex.boiarintsev said:

What about the default brightness settings of EP 13? Bright as for me. Each time you need to reduce the brightness and adjust the contrast.

Same deal, with keyboard commands, unfortunately the EP13 control panel (which should be on the left-vertical panel) isn't implemented, which has been the case since release.

You can see where the panel should be on page 6 (figure 6) and again on page 275 (figure 187) of the RC2 manual, and what it should look like on page 319 (figure 209).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 1

System:

I'll cross post this here.  The Radio Group and Base indicators are not illuminated amber like most of the cockpit indicators.  You can only (barely) see them by using the flood lights, as shown in this screenshot.

image.png

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

18 minutes ago, Machalot said:

I'll cross post this here.  The Radio Group and Base indicators are not illuminated amber like most of the cockpit indicators.  You can only (barely) see them by using the flood lights, as shown in this screenshot.

image.png

Just like to add my thanks for the taxi light fix for me it has been the biggest problem.

Need to try the NVGs too

The Group and Base Channels have always been hard to read AFAIK, never seen them illuminated, personally I just use the flashlight as my workaround, no clue what it's like in the real thing, but I'd imagine they were iluminated

Anyway I'm just happy that I can now take the Viggen out after dark and great that the Devs are paying attenion to the forum, very much appreciated big thumbs up from me

Edited by Weegie
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Weegie said:

Just like to add my thanks for the taxi light fix for me it has been the biggest problem.

Need to try the NVGs too

The Group and Base Channels have always been hard to read AFAIK, never seen them illuminated, personally I just use the flashlight as my workaround, no clue what it's like in the real thing, but I'd imagine they were iluminated

Anyway I'm just happy that I cant now take the Viggen out after dark and great that the Devs are paying attenion to the forum, very much appreciated big thumbs up from me

Absolutely!

10 hours ago, Weegie said:

Need to try the NVGs too

Anyway I'm just happy that I can now take the Viggen out after dark and great that the Devs are paying attenion to the forum, very much appreciated big thumbs up from me

I tried a night landing in the Viggen last night.  During final approach with the taxi/landing light on, I didn't see any illumination of the ground until I had the mains on the ground and started lowering the nose.  Is that because it's just a taxi light?  I would expect a landing light to be canted downward to shine on the ground while descending at angle of attack.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

13 hours ago, Machalot said:

I tried a night landing in the Viggen last night.  During final approach with the taxi/landing light on, I didn't see any illumination of the ground until I had the mains on the ground and started lowering the nose.  Is that because it's just a taxi light?  I would expect a landing light to be canted downward to shine on the ground while descending at angle of attack.

Yes, that is exactly what it is.
Right now we only have the taxi light, which is a single 50W lamp on the nose gear strut. The landing lights are two 250W lamps located on either side in the wheel well.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |