WingSweep as an Axis Command?

melchionda

Does anyone find it strange that Wingsweep on the F14 is not one of the Axis Commands? On my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle I have a slider next to the throttle for "Friction". I don't have it mapped to anything and its perfectly positioned to be a Wingsweep for the F14 but in DCS They want you to map Wingsweep to a button. Am I missing something here? Has anyone been able to map Wingsweep to something that slides?

Also can we close the Wingsweep safety cover using a mouse or do we have to map that function to a button? I can see it in VR, and mouse over it but cant seem to interact with it unless I map it to a button.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

As far as closing the cover goes, you have to point the mouse to where it attaches to the panel.

As for the axis assignment, I think that mapping it to an axis would lead to people unrealistically manipulating it during dogfights and such. Realistically I’m told pilots never manually moved the wings in flight unless there was a problem. That’s why there’s a cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... thats awesome. I'm assuming that you past this into like a lua file or something?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Ok... thats awesome. I'm assuming that you past this into like a lua file or something?

From the first post in the thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235229

Players can add these key binds by copying the above code and pasting in \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\keyboard\default.lua.

NOTE - These will be erased at each update until HB bakes them into the mod its self. These are all subject to change pending HB's ultimate naming/category decision.

In this case you're going to want to edit the file in joystick\default.lua instead of keyboard.

Put the axes in around line 180 and the new buttons in the keycommands section above that.

If you're not comfortable editing lua, you can just replace your joystick\default.lua with the one I attached to this post.

Remember to back up any files in case you make a mistake.

default.lua

Does anyone find it strange that Wingsweep on the F14 is not one of the Axis Commands? On my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle I have a slider next to the throttle for "Friction". I don't have it mapped to anything and its perfectly positioned to be a Wingsweep for the F14 but in DCS They want you to map Wingsweep to a button. Am I missing something here? Has anyone been able to map Wingsweep to something that slides?

Also can we close the Wingsweep safety cover using a mouse or do we have to map that function to a button? I can see it in VR, and mouse over it but cant seem to interact with it unless I map it to a button.

You have to distinguish between the two operation modes:

- normal, where you set Auto, Manual (move forward or aft) and Bomb modes for the wing sweep by a hat on right throttle

- emergency wing sweep lever, which you operate only in emergency or during parking operation as this is only way to move the wings to/from the Oversweep 72° (no binding for the lever currently)

To close the cover you also have to put the lever down into proper position.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

As far as closing the cover goes, you have to point the mouse to where it attaches to the panel.

As for the axis assignment, I think that mapping it to an axis would lead to people unrealistically manipulating it during dogfights and such. Realistically I’m told pilots never manually moved the wings in flight unless there was a problem. That’s why there’s a cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC during the F-14 episode of The Fighter Pilot Podcast, they actually talk about pilots manipulating the wingsweep manually during BFM. It was not textbook, but some did it.

IIRC during the F-14 episode of The Fighter Pilot Podcast, they actually talk about pilots manipulating the wingsweep manually during BFM. It was not textbook, but some did it.

I’m pretty sure that would be through the hotas buttons, not via the covered lever beside the throttle.

Modules: A10C, F5, F14, F16, F18, F86, AV8B, UH1, Mi8, Ka50, FC3, Supercarrier, CA, P47, P51