[NOT BUG] Radar Bug or SD-10 Bug?

[PTF]Ali

checked, it's not a radar bug

RWS/TWS scan without soft lock/bug: signal Scan

RWS/TWS scan with soft lock/bug: signal Track While Scan (bugged contacts only, other contacts will still receive signal Scan)

RWS/TWS STT hard lock: signal Lock

Edited by L0op8ack

As in Pitbull is actually modeled and it's not active off the rail?

The magic INS active off the rail was fixed for SD-10 same time as AMRAAM back in February. However unlike AMRAAM it seems to get instant updates inbetween radar sweeps but that probably has to do with the radar being unfinished.

Atleast now you DO have to support your SD-10 until at pitbull for the most accurate shot. Of course you can break lock before pit bull and it may still hit but it only goes for last known position and receives no more updates.

Once it gets update to get limited number of updates according to radar sweeps, BVR will become the game it’s meant to be:)

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The magic INS active off the rail was fixed for SD-10 same time as AMRAAM back in February. However unlike AMRAAM it seems to get instant updates inbetween radar sweeps but that probably has to do with the radar being unfinished.

Atleast now you DO have to support your SD-10 until at pitbull for the most accurate shot. Of course you can break lock before pit bull and it may still hit but it only goes for last known position and receives no more updates.

Once it gets update to get limited number of updates according to radar sweeps, BVR will become the game it’s meant to be:)

Since hpt/spt positions are predicted between scan sweep, they are not as precise as before.

Radar updates are more important for accuracy now.

Since hpt/spt positions are predicted between scan sweep, they are not as precise as before.

Not sure I completely understand, but it sounds like the SD-10 already has limited mid course updates and just that it’s important to keep lock until TOA = 0 then before. Either way I’m very excited for what is to come!!!

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Not sure I completely understand, but it sounds like the SD-10 already has limited mid course updates and just that it’s important to keep lock until TOA = 0 then before. Either way I’m very excited for what is to come!!!

The radar now actually has to update between sweeps and uses trackfiles to predict positions between them. It is less precise in high bar, high volume scan settings.

Likewise, the SD-10 will be less precise if you fire in TWS/SAM with a high scan volume/bar setting since it has to wait longer to receive updates. The trackfile may not match the target's position if it performs a sharp maneuver between scan cycles, which wil make the missile also do sharp turns as it flies to the target.

That's very cool L0op8ack! Radar is definitively more realistic and less arcad-ish now

BTW such big breakthroughs should be noted in the changelog

Edited by amalahama

Yup just flew and HOLY CRAP!!! We do have limited update rate now according to all those factors, I think I even lost lock once when I shot someone down and they started spiraling and then they re appeared on the scope a few seconds later briefly, it feels incredibly real now, you can even see the range jump around every time it updates

Really cool and I can’t wait to go online and slug it out in BVR. If I didn’t know better, it would seem with this feature of actual predicted tracks and limited updates, that the air to air radar is now mostly complete and just as realistic as F-18, atleast to my layman view

Edited by AeriaGloria

Okay to figure out what decisions to make now that update rate is so important I did some shorthand based off of each full 120 degree scan taking 2 seconds

Radar scan update rate and vertical FOV

RWS vertical FOV

4 bar = 6.9 degrees

2 bar = 4.3 degrees

1 bar = 3 degrees

RWS 15 degree azimuth update rate

4 bar = 2 seconds

2 bar = 1 seconds

1 bar = .5 second

RWS 30 degree

4 bar = 4 seconds

2 bar = 2 seconds

1 bar = 1 second

RWS 60 degree

4 bar = 8 seconds

2 bar = 4 seconds

1 bar = 2 seconds

TWS update rate in seconds and vertical FOV

TWS 10 4 bar = 1.2 seconds, 7.8 degree elevation FOV

TWS 25 3 bar = 2.5 seconds, 6.2 degree elevation FOV

TWS 60 2 bar = 4 seconds, 4.6 degree elevation FOV

To rank them for vertical FOV from largest to smallest is TWS 4 bar, RWS 4 bar, then TWS 3 bar, TWS 2 bar, RWS 2 bar, then RWS 1 bar.

Ranking them for update rate quickest to slowest top five is

RWS 15 degree 1 bar .5 second

RWS 30 degree 1 bar tied with RWS 15 degree 2 bar for 1 second

TWS 10 degree 4 bar 1.2 seconds

And after that is three RWS modes tied for 2 seconds, and the worst of course being RWS 60 degree 4 bar

Interesting design choice to make bars and azimuth fixed to each other in TWS and unable to be changed? Maybe has to do with processing power needed

Interesting design choice to make bars and azimuth fixed to each other in TWS and unable to be changed?

I'm not sure why this is. IIRC on the F-16 it is to make it constant-time, but here that isn't the case it would seem.

I don't think it is processing, as it is simply changing the sweep and not the number of contacts it is tracking.

Great to see this update!!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I'm not sure why this is. IIRC on the F-16 it is to make it constant-time, but here that isn't the case it would seem.

I don't think it is processing, as it is simply changing the sweep and not the number of contacts it is tracking.

Great to see this update!!

Right??? I thought it was for fixed time of updates also! But apparently not, maybe they just wanted to lock you in to that 1.2 second- 4 second range of updates, with RWS being the most flexible and capable of updates from .5-8 seconds.

RWS also has 4 second memory by default and TWS has 1. So there’s that for the processor to juggle. So it seems to me that this is their way of making RWS more stable and better for single targets and TWS better for two targets. But you can still do DTT in RWS?!?!

Also I wanted to mention that when WVR you can see the the TD box in HUD drift off in between scans and re center on target when radar scans over it. Really cool!

I am sorry to Hijack your thread Ali, I didn’t mean to I was just so surprised at the radar changes I got ahead of myself and should have just posted somewhere else

I am sorry to Hijack your thread Ali, I didn’t mean to I was just so surprised at the radar changes I got ahead of myself and should have just posted somewhere else

Never mind, I'm also interested about SD-10, Is there also big change to SD-10 guidance etc?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never mind, I'm also interested about SD-10, Is there also big change to SD-10 guidance etc?

I mean chaff resistance and behavior improved when AMRAAM was updated, and since radar has limited updates of tracks now missile has limited number of mid course updates( tied to bar and azimuth) where before it had instant updates in all modes

I mean chaff resistance and behavior improved when AMRAAM was updated, and since radar has limited updates of tracks now missile has limited number of mid course updates( tied to bar and azimuth) where before it had instant updates in all modes

i tested SD-10 on every settings but its behaving same even on STT lock

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i tested SD-10 on every settings but its behaving same even on STT lock

I mean it depends you would have to check the tacview, the missile can still be notched, and under good circumstances there may not be much of a difference anyways. But since AMRAAM update it’s harder to notch and chaff, doesn’t make snap turns, and with fewer updates things can go wrong faster

I'm looking forward to new api thing.

Also reported more issues about SD-10 here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281145

New API for aerodynamics and autopilot isn’t going to help it be chaffed less. Right now the chaff resistance and behavior is probably where it’s going to stay,

New API for aerodynamics and autopilot isn’t going to help it be chaffed less. Right now the chaff resistance and behavior is probably where it’s going to stay,

Chaff resistance is the main problem i'm facing its completely unrealistic...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The new API (from what I understand) changed the chaff (and, even more importantly, notch resistance) resistance for the 120C. Dont see why the SD-10 would be any different when it does get the new API. But until then simply cranking the chaff numbers down isnt quite going to fix it (deka already has and we can see its still relatively easy to notch. Same with the new AIM-54s).

Edited by dundun92

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

The new API (from what I understand) changed the chaff (and, even more importantly, notch resistance) resistance for the 120C. Dont see why the SD-10 would be any different when it does get the new API. But until then simply cranking the chaff numbers down isnt quite going to fix it.

and u know that cuz ?? u work with ED ??

from what i see all Aim-54 family now CCM = 0.04 same as Aim-120c and that is a very old missile and still miss cuz it need magic INS and the new API so cut this chat about the God Aim-120c can't compare to any other missile