[FIXED] Slew axes reverse on C701 while zoomed in (digital keys work fine)

Home Fries

When using the microstick with the C701 zoomed out, everything slews as normal. However, upon zooming in with S2 Forward, using the analog microstick axes often reverses the slew direction, or at least makes slewing inconsistent. Using the ,./; keystrokes works fine while zoomed in; the problem is with the analog axes.

Tested with HOTAS Warthog using a TARGET profile with RX/RY axes for the microstick. Issue can be duplicated. Slew to a target with the C701 seeker, zoom in, then slew to fine tune and watch the crosshair go in the opposite direction from your input.

Edited by uboats

• 9 months later...

Just ran into the same issue. Zoomed out works fine, but zoomed in it usually doesn't slew at all, or slews very slowly in a random direction nothing to do with your control inputs (while also shaking/jumping).

I am using the ministick on the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle.

Anyone else experienced it? Any update if this is a known bug?

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 3 weeks later...

After the patch I did a quick test and it seemed fixed, but today I tried it again and it felt off. Sometimes I would zoom in, and it would move up no matter which direction I moved the TDC. Then I zoomed out and back in and it was fine, but only as long as I made really small movements. It's definitely better than it was before, but still randomly messes up sometimes.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 2 months later...

Sorry to dig this one up, but is it fixed already? I read the patch notes back till october, but couldn't find any info 

I having the same issues as OP with the slew controls. When i'm in WIDE view, the slew works correct with my analoge stick (Warthog), but when i set zoom to narrow, i have a hard time controlling the seeker head.

When i use the keybord to control the seekerhead, it works fine too

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• 4 weeks later...

Just flew a sorty online carrying 2x C701 IR's and noticed still the same weird behaviour. When zoomed in to fine tune on a target, its very hard to control the seekerhead. If yo use the keybord commands or zoom out, i have good control over the seekerhead

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] Slew axes reverse on C701 while zoomed in (digital keys work fine)
  • uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Slew axes reverse on C701 while zoomed in (digital keys work fine)
5 hours ago, uboats said:

found issue, fixed

Good job and thank you for looking into this one 👍

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat