liveries location in DCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liveries location in DCS

Days before, I installed Mi-8 and some liveries from ED user files.
    I did put many Huey Vietnam War liveries to Bazar/liveries/UH-1, and work. I can found them in mission editor and change.
    But after I put Mi-8 liveries to Bazar/liveries/Mi-8, I can not find them in mission editor?

and even there are so many default liveries in Bazar/liveries/Mi-8, but only three liveries can be choosen in mission editor.

Where is the location for MI-8 exchangable liveries ??
    Why Huey and Mi-8 livery locations are different?

BTW. I am totally confused by DCS structure
    I did search in forum, try to understand where should I put different liveries and cockpit mods for different DCS aircraft, but I didn't find a thread answer my question.
    Please teach me

You can chose what liveries can be used for each country.
    General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
    UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
    The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
    "Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
    Please send all hate mail to No11
    Updates to my stuff are now going here

Comment

^ Indeed. Some default liveries are visible in mission editor only when certain country is chosen. That applies to many custom ones as well. I'm sure it can be edited somehow, but I never investigated this issue closer.

For example, while we're talking about Mi-8, if You want to fly it as US pilot, you will have only 3 default skins to choose from, If You want to fly it as Russian one, there will be many, many more.
      Last edited 02-13-2015, 10:10 PM.
      i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-J View Post
        ^ Indeed. Some default liveries are visible in mission editor only when certain country is chosen. That applies to many custom ones as well. I'm sure it can be edited somehow, but I never investigated this issue closer.

For example, while we're talking about Mi-8, if You want to fly it as US pilot, you will have only 3 default skins to choose from, If You want to fly it as Russian one, there will be many, many more.
        thank you all so much
        I am stupid I forgot to choose country
        yes, that is for some aircrafts, while other aircraft don't need.
        thanks

Comment

I am almost exhausted
          When I thought finally I know where are most liveries located, Bazar/liveries folder, But I failed to find F-86 saber folder in Bazar/liveries
          I try to install a custom livery to F-86 DCS. where is the location for F-86 liveries?
          if any friend know please let me know
          Thanks

Comment

If the "F-86F Sabre" folder is not visible, add it yourself into bazar/liveries, some installs do not include it, you should then have some success.
            Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

Spoiler:
            MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k
            H100i CPU Cooler
            16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red
            MSI GTX980ti GPU
            EVGA 850W PSU
            Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD
            128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)
            Windows 10 X64 Professional
            Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor
            Trackir 5
            MFG Crosswind pedals
            T M Warthog Hotas

Comment

You can also put your liveries in the mods\aircraft\F-86\liveries\... map. Way more organised.
              Happy Flying!

Comment

Originally posted by 1.JaVA_Platypus View Post
                You can also put your liveries in the mods\aircraft\F-86\liveries\... map. Way more organised.
                Is there any different results for exclusivly putting custom liveries into two different locations?
                or no difference?
                Thanks

Comment

Better still, put them in your saved games directory under liveries\Mi-8mt (or any other aircraft as long as you name the folder exactly as it is named in the Bazar\Liveries folder in the main installation.

Definitely the best location because it will keep the skins added entirely separate from the default ones.

Comment

Hello guys,

so if i´ve understood what have been explained on the forum, there is a way to keep the additional liveries by adding a folder in the "saved games"

So it will look like this: C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\aircraft name\Liveries

This way i can´t see them once on the server.

Did i missed something?
                    / I4770K / 1080TI / 16GB RAM / VR OC / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS
                    / F/A18 C / F-14 / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4 / CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342 /

Comment

Originally posted by PhilTheBeat View Post
                      Hello guys,

so if i´ve understood what have been explained on the forum, there is a way to keep the additional liveries by adding a folder in the "saved games"

So it will look like this: C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\aircraft name\Liveries

This way i can´t see them once on the server.

Did i missed something?
                      Hello,

You got the path wrong, it should be like this:

C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\aircraft name\

For the name of the aircrafts, you can use mine as a guide:

For future queries, it would be best if you created a new thread rather than using a very old one, as other people that read the thread will be confused with the old information that is at the beginning of the thread.

Best regards
                      For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
                      For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
                      Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

Originally posted by Rudel_chw View Post
                        Hello,

You got the path wrong, it should be like this:

C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\aircraft name\

For the name of the aircrafts, you can use mine as a guide:

For future queries, it would be best if you created a new thread rather than using a very old one, as other people that read the thread will be confused with the old information that is at the beginning of the thread.

Best regards
                        Thank you..I will do that
                        / F/A18 C / F-14 / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4 / CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342 /

Comment

Sorry Rudel but the solution doesn´t work....

I can´t see the liveries in the ME or even using the rearm & refuel options..Maybe outdated ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242236

Comment

Sorry Rudel but the solution doesn´t work....

I can´t see the liveries in the ME or even using the rearm & refuel options..Maybe outdated ?
                            Are you sure that the specific livery you want to use, is allowed for the country that your aircraft belongs? For example, a luftwaffe livery doesn’t show up if the aircraft belongs to japan.

Each livery has a description.lua file ... look at it with notepad++ and check it’s country line.
                            For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
                            For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Comment

Originally posted by Rudel_chw View Post
                              Are you sure that the specific livery you want to use, is allowed for the country that your aircraft belongs? For example, a luftwaffe livery doesn’t show up if the aircraft belongs to japan.

Each livery has a description.lua file ... look at it with notepad++ and check it’s country line.
                              So this reply means that it´s working on your side...So i must missed something somewhere..

Here is the complete description.lua file:

-----created by Nambo Email:51escadrongriffon@gmail.com
                              livery = {
                              {"F-18C_Texture1", 0, "F-18C_Texture1_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture1", 2, "F-18C_Texture1_Griffon_RoughMet", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture2", 0, "F-18C_Texture2_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture2", 2, "F-18C_Texture2_Griffon_RoughMet", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture3", 0, "F-18C_Texture3_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture3", 2, "F-18C_Texture3_Griffon_RoughMet", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture4", 0, "F-18C_Texture4_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture4", 2, "F-18C_Texture4_Griffon_RoughMet", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture5", 0, "F-18C_Texture5_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture5", 2, "F-18C_Texture5_Griffon_RoughMet", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture6", 0, "F-18C_Texture6_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture6", 2, "F-18C_Texture6_Griffon_RoughMet", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture7", 0, "F-18C_Texture7_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Texture7", 2, "F-18C_Texture7_Griffon_RoughMet", false},

{"F-18C__BANO1", 0, "F-18C_Texture1_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C__NightCockpit", 0, "F-18C_Texture6_Griffon", false},
                              {"F-18C_Tactnumbers", 0, "empty", true},

}
                              name = "51e Escadron Griffon"

Nothing regarding countries...

Comment

I´ve read that if no "countries" line it should show up with all countries ?

Correct?

Comment

I´ve read that if no "countries" line it should show up with all countries ?

Correct?
                                  Yes, that's correct .. usually a livery description.lua has this structure:

If the "countries =" line is omited, then that livery is available for any country. I rarely do that, as I prefer the liveries to be filtered by the Mission Editor so that I only see those that make sense for the country I'm using.

Double check the folder name at /Liveries ... the Hornet uses "FA-18C_hornet"

Comment

My mistake the correct "writing" for the F18 is: FA-18C_hornet

And not the : FA-18C

So to make sure to have the correct writing, we should check in the "CoreMods" folder:
                                    xx:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft

Solved

Comment

... Solved

Comment

Working...
                                      X