Next project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donglr View Post
    I'm not planning to reenact Afghanistan. When I fly missions with the shark I get randomly picked off by radar SAMs, OSAs and Tunguskas mostly. Yes yes, fly with a team, do teamwork, I know. But daily business is joining a random server and "fly singleplayer with others". Having a RWR would help. And I prefer the western style of avionics, the ADI with the rotating ball for example, instead of the rotating aircraft. And having an AH64 would level the playing field against the Shark. Ah1 is not really a contender in that sense.
    Agreed, flying Ka-50ies without proper SEAD is difficult, but I think what kills me most of the time is the occasional MANPAD on the nearest hill, etc.
    Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
    Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Comment

Someone made RWR for BS1 http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/112461/

I couldnt get it work on BS2. The game wont start or crash.
      Would be a nice feature on the modern DCS(!) battlefield.
      maybe someone with the abilities can take a closer look
      =SPEED IS LIFE=
      http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/speed-is-life.html

Comment

Originally posted by shagrat View Post
        Agreed, flying Ka-50ies without proper SEAD is difficult, but I think what kills me most of the time is the occasional MANPAD on the nearest hill, etc.
        Same here, MANPADS tend to be the bane of me more than anything else when I'm in a Huey or BS. At the moment I can't do a whole lot about it in a Huey if I'm caught with my pants down. Though I know countermeasures for Huey are in the pipe.

Donglr - I'm hoping for some version of the AH-64 as well even though I prefer the Russian gunships. An AH-64/Ka-50/Mi-24 fight would be fun.
        Last edited by TooTall; 08-23-2013, 06:04 PM.
        "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
        To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

sigpic
        i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Comment

AH-1G seems pretty silly to me, it is hardly worthy of the attack helicopter moniker. Give me something that can fire ATGMs and I'll be happy, something like the AH-1F.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfire257 View Post
            AH-1G seems pretty silly to me, it is hardly worthy of the attack helicopter moniker. Give me something that can fire ATGMs and I'll be happy, something like the AH-1F.
            So you would find it funny being on the receiving end of 20mm and FFARs ?

As I understood the AH-1W is on Belsimteks list somewhere. Let's see. I even find the Huey pretty much fun in combat, depends on the mission design, though.

UH-1H against BMPs or T-55 is useless, but older MTLBs, Trucks with ZSU, or Troops with AK-47s are quite ok. Challenging, but manageable, especially when doing teamwork in MP.
            Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
            Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Comment

Originally posted by PilotMi8 View Post
              Ми-24 - примерно через два-три ЛА. т.е. через год-полтора м.б. НАЧНЕМ.. Это если планы не пересмотрим. Кроме того, нам еще и текущие проекты довести надо (UH-1 и МИ-8 ). Начнем - это когда сосредоточимся именно на этом. А так.. понятие "начало" - оч.условное.
              Возможность сети на одном - в планах "без сроков" - есть.
              Google translator: Mi-24 - about two or three aircraft. ie a year and a half might be LET'S START .. This is if the plans do not revise. In addition, we also need to bring current projects (UH-1 and MI-. Let's start - when the focus is on this. And so .. the notion of "beginning" - och.uslovnoe.
              Networking opportunity at one - in terms of "no time limits" - is.

...does that mean, that in the horizon of one and half year you (BST) will be able to start the work on the Hind?
              Last edited by Suchacz; 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM.
              Per aspera ad astra!
              Crucial reading about DCS: Black Shark - Black Shark and Coaxial Rotor Aerodynamics, Black Shark and the Trimmer, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 1, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 2

Comment

Yes, the Mi-24 is in the plans, but not before the next 2-3 feature aircraft.
                - EB
                sigpic
                Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
                The Parable of Jane's A-10
                Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBivol-1 View Post
                  Thanks bro, Hoping there all helicopters lol
                  YouTube
                  TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeKilla View Post
                    Thanks bro, Hoping there all helicopters lol
                    Afaik Cobra + Sabre
                    Originally posted by EvilBivol-1 View Post
                    Thats a pitty for me, shes my beloved one...

Good luck guys, keep up the good work...
                    Last edited by Suchacz; 09-02-2013, 09:59 PM.
                    Per aspera ad astra!
                    Crucial reading about DCS: Black Shark - Black Shark and Coaxial Rotor Aerodynamics, Black Shark and the Trimmer, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 1, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 2

Comment

Cobra! AH-1W... Dreaming to have a decent simulator of this one since my childhood. Finally the dream is coming true. BST... Definitely knows how to make one happy.

Well if you will also do the mighty 24... Then it must be heaven.
                      ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Comment

Originally posted by Focha View Post
                        Cobra! AH-1W... Dreaming to have a decent simulator of this one since my childhood.
                        Imho it will be Cobra G...
                        Per aspera ad astra!

Comment

Knowing Belsimtek's excellent punctuality with the release of their sims ( or at least their betas ) I have confidence that we will know the identity of the next aircraft very soon!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robert1983NL View Post
                            A CH-47 Chinook would be AWESOME! Bringing in the muscles in DCS! :-D
                            ^This^ The Chinook is probably the most exciting helicopter in existence with regard to the way it moves about, it steals the show at every airshow. Even as a fast mover fan I would love this to be the next module...

And I imagine ED will have the Apache reserved
                            Last edited by Python; 09-04-2013, 08:24 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Really hoping for a worthy U.S. Attack Helicopter. I'd settle for an AH-1G Cobra, but would *love* something more along the lines of an AH-64D or a super cobra... something with more modern weapons capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Suchacz View Post
                                Imho it will be Cobra G...

And I would love to see the AH1-Z Viper myself.. Old airframe with updated rotor, electronics and capabilities.. Yes, yes..
                                "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."
                                RAMBO

Comment

Sorry for posting this allover the place, but instriment backlit is working after 126 update....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss I am so excited.. its like i have a new module for night operations !!!
                                  sigpic
                                  TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Where has it ever been said that Belsimtek are strictly helicopters ?

Id like to see what they could do with a 80's aircraft ..... Mirage F1 or Jaguar GR.1 for example .

Comment

Originally posted by Robert1983NL View Post
                                      A CH-47 Chinook would be AWESOME! Bringing in the muscles in DCS! :-D
                                      AC-47 Chinook gunship .... I think there was only a handful though , 4 .

Comment

Originally posted by badger66 View Post
                                        Where has it ever been said that Belsimtek are strictly helicopters ?

Id like to see what they could do with a 80's aircraft ..... Mirage F1 or Jaguar GR.1 for example .

I don't know, but I truly hope they'll stick to it ... To be honest, I hardly think it is possible to have a small team very professional in all aspects ... rotary wings, fighters, ground attack, transport planes etc etc

Even the " simple " Huey require some great knowledge about helicopter flying characteristic ...

I would be so happy if someone work on our Mirage 2000, but I really hope BST will stick to helicopters ...
                                        sigpic
                                        CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Comment

Originally posted by Hueyman View Post
                                          but I really hope BST will stick to helicopters ...
                                          Heres hoping.
                                          YouTube
                                          TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                          X