Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeTzeR32 View Post
    Is Windmilling not simulated?
    You need to remember that it could just be that the speed is so low that the propeller stopped spinning. Usually it takes a lot more speed to then get it going, so don't make too wild assumptions from that pic.

Also, could be that it is not yet in the model.
    DCS Finland | SF squadron

Comment

It is simulated but the way the prop animation works currently is that it appears static in screen grabs.

Something we will look into later, looks great when the game is running but this is the downside in screen grabs with a windmilling prop

Pman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw the leaked youtube vid great sound work btw really impressive.

Comment

More updates by VEAO FB about P-40F

https://www.facebook.com/veaosimulat...MELINE&fref=nf
          And for my next work task; get the auto-start and auto-stop sequences coded - Check
          It's so clever what you can do with DCS and these macro sequences and training tools.
          Ah yeah...next task; training missions.

No rest for the wicked....

Chris
          More news to the front
          Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
          My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
          DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
          21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
          Silver_Dragon Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Coxy_99 View Post
            Saw the leaked youtube vid great sound work btw really impressive.
            Still early days for the sounds but she's sounding great already

Comment

Originally posted by Ells228 View Post
              Still early days for the sounds but she's sounding great already
              Sound of the mirage is nice and different even the F-5, But that P-40 honestly tops ED's P-51 sound (No offence intended) I did notice on shutting down it seemed out of sync with the prop maybe? But not sure.

Comment

Yeah they've been updated quite a bit since that video.

Comment

Seem's not to far the way down for release of the P-40, looking quiet nice hope I can bomb some Christmas tree's still this year...
                  And my P-40 Code from Duxford is still waiting in front of me here..
                  Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

sigpic
                  9./JG27

Comment

Nice good luck cant wait to fly a new bird in dcs

Comment

Looking great!

On a side note, I just tried to register a VEAO account... Turns out I forgot I already have one and that I already purchased the P-40 back in July 15!! Can't wait now!! Haha!!
                      My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

Comment

Here Kitty,Kitty!!!
                        sigpicPatrick

Comment

Hmm could we be close to live stream to show off a lttle of this...sounds?

Thing is....Zuckerberg is definitely an Alien... Some Kind of Grey Hybrid

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, Oculus S, Win 10

Comment

Our programmer working on sounds returned from holiday yesterday.
                            Once he's caught up over the next couple of days making tweaks then we'll look at a stream showing latest updates.

Cheers,
                            Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
                              More updates by VEAO FB about P-40F

https://www.facebook.com/veaosimulat...MELINE&fref=nf

I have more than a few issues with VEAO's past work, but this is the kind of stuff I hope we see much more of from you!
                              Got three flak holes in my wing tips, and my tanks ain't got no gas.
                              Mayday, mayday, mayday, I got six MiGS on my ass!

Comment

Nice video for those interested in the P-40...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rki8tnsLodQ

Comment

Or this one....
                                  https://youtu.be/NOJKinBIZgY

A slightly earlier build. Sounds have been updated since this build and the cockpit has had a second pass.

The Virtual Horsemen had some fun in the Kitty's that's for sure

Comment

Or this one....

A slightly earlier build. Sounds have been updated since this build and the cockpit has had a second pass.

Simply beautiful!
                                    And I'm sure the flickering prop will be addressed too...
                                    This has been one of my favorite birds for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Or this one....

Can I make a suggestion Ells?

If putting out vids/screens of non-release level stuff, would it be possible to stick a WIP/Alpha/Beta in a suitably lurid colour somewhere in the cockpit like on the top of the front dash near the sight?

Might help nip any hyper-criticism in the bud if they weren't aware it's had further work done.

Looking nice though, although I concur with White Owl that the flickering prop (aka camera shutter affect) isn't good, although it does look more interesting than the flat disc you guys used to have.
                                      Think having to do all that work with the hydraulics is going to make the bird an interesting chore to fly!
                                      Last edited 09-17-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Wasnt streamed directly by us that's why I put it in the forum post
                                        Last edited 09-17-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Prop at idle needs to be looked at but I have to say the prop effects once in the air look brilliant really unique. I'm 100% confident you are going to deliver a top top module veao looks great
                                          sigpic

RYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz
                                          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
                                          32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz
                                          Oculus CV1
                                          NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension.
                                          VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Comment

Working...
                                          X