Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! Looks great. This is seriously almost too much to take in all at once. I can kiss away my nights out drinking because I'll be spending any free money I have on DCS products.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit
    --Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Comment

Ells228 we can use all hawk weapons arsenal?, you have a planed weapon and equipment list available for the hawk addon?
      More news to the front
      Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
      My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
      DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
      21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
      Silver_Dragon Youtube

Comment

Hey Silver Dragon,

Here is some background info:
        The Hawk T1A is a modified Hawk T1, which was intended to replace the Hawker Hunter in the RAF's Tactical Weapons Units (TWU). A total of 89 aircraft were converted to carry two underwing AIM-9L Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and a centreline Aden gun pod. During the 1980s, the RAF began using TWU Hawks in the Mixed Fighter Force (MFF) concept; the intention was to attach three of four Hawks to a Phantom or Tornado interceptor, which would guide them using its powerful radar onto enemy targets.

So the simple answer is yes, we will be implementing two AIM-9L pylons and the Aden gun pod which sits under the body.

If we look at the Hawk 200:
        The Hawk 200 is a single-seat, lightweight multirole combat fighter with emphasis on air defence, air superiority, anti-shipping, air-denial, long-range interdiction, short-range close air support and ground attack. The aircraft is fitted with the AN/APG-66H, an advanced version of the F-16A APG-66 radar with multimode systems. The aircraft is able to be equipped with the AIM-9 Sidewinder and AGM-65 Maverick. The Malaysian aircraft has the most extensive modification to the aircraft with illumination "slime" lights, wingtip AAMs and inflight refuelling.

We may develop the Hawk 200 later which will give more A2A and A2G capability but it's not on the development list at the moment.
        Last edited 06-08-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks Ells228
          More news to the front
          Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
          My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
          DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
          21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
          Silver_Dragon Youtube

Comment

Great news, finally a european plane in development.

Comment

I think I may have a nervous breakdown with all this recent news, still trying to process it all

Great news to have some UK aircraft evolving into DCS

outstanding !

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

I'm having heart palpitations. This is the best news.
                Might a Tornado Gr x be in the works?
                "A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."
                Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps
                Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Comment

Great news!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teapot View Post
                    Might a Tornado Gr x be in the works?
                    Well the original plan for VEAO was to have a Tornado GR4 and a Harrier GR7 as well as the Hawk and Typhoon.

But we are a long way off thinking about those yet.

Comment

Tornado GR4 please.

Nate
                      Ka-50 AutoPilot/stabilisation system description and operation by IvanK- Essential Reading

Comment

Originally posted by Ells228 View Post
                        Well the original plan for VEAO was to have a Tornado GR4 and a Harrier GR7 as well as the Hawk and Typhoon.

if you did all my dreams would have come true ( but dont tell the wife lol )

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Lol, well I think my past 2 wive's now understand what all of the late nights were for. No I'm not playing games on my computer again!!!

It's a SIMULATOR, not a game!!! tsk tsk

Comment

Originally posted by Nate--IRL-- View Post
                            Tornado GR4 please.

Nate
                            What I can't tempt you Nate

Disclaimer - this was a very very early test in LockOn FC2 and in no way means we are developing a Harrier for DCS (although it would be great lol)

Comment

Would love a Harrier.....
                              sigpic

Comment

One can rarely improve on an original plan

However, I'll be patient. (& hopeful!).
                                Last edited 06-08-2012, 01:59 AM.
                                "A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."
                                Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Comment

I fully agree with you there Teapot (awesome name btw).

Oh to have VTOL with vector control in DCS...now that's the dreams of Charlie in the chocolate factory.

Ooops I better not call my team Umpa-lumpas

Comment

Like.

Nice EF-2000 cockpit shots.
                                    Miao, Cat

Comment

OMG!

Preparin' divorce paperwork.. XDXDXD

Comment

Originally posted by nen View Post
                                        OMG!

Preparin' divorce paperwork.. XDXDXD
                                        Hahaha my paperwork is what is propping up my monitor it's so thick!!

Comment

I fully agree with you there Teapot (awesome name btw).

Oh to have VTOL with vector control in DCS...now that's the dreams of Charlie in the chocolate factory.

Ooops I better not call my team Umpa-lumpas
                                          Thanks!
                                          Umpa-lumpas

Comment

Working...
                                          X