Main game and patch 1.12b Vista issue.

Harley

I used to run LOMAC just fine, so I just had to go and mess with it. Here's what I did.

First, I installed LoMan to get those neat little Blue Angels skins in there. Neat. And, after a while, I wanted the originals back. So, after trying every dirty little trick in the book, I ended up having to uninstall the whole thing to undo the mod.:mad: Lost all my stats. Had to delete everything. So I tried to reinstall it. Never tried it before I went to the lomac.ru website and found their neat little Vista 1.12B patch. Thought it would be cool, since I have vista, and all.:mad: (grrr) It didn't work. I get an error about how "vorbisfile.dll cannot be found", and that reinstalling LOMAC might fix it. That doesn't work, either, and trying to remove the whole thing again only crashes vista explorer. So then, I got real angry 21501BP~Marvin-The-Martian-Posters.jpg and installed a self-destruct button on my pc. Has anyone heard of or seen this issue before? vorbisfile.dll? Doesn't it come with the CD? What the &%$@! Please help, before my pc's next error message is "Your computers self-destruct sequence has been initiated". I would much rather fly!:pilotfly::joystick:

Hawkeye

Google is your friend

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=vorbisfile.dll&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Have you tried that? Myself never seen that error before. Hope you can make it out.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

yea the Gold version contains both 1.00 and 1.1, that's why there's 2 cds. Install the original and the the FC addon. In addition, it is recommended that Lock On be install outside of the program files for vista. Its not necessary, but recommended since sometimes vista doesn't like things being modified in the program files. This goes the same for modman. So just install it directly in the C drive of your computer.

Also to avoid any future problems (with any programs for that matter), turn off user account permission for vista by going into your user accounts in control panel and toggle it off in the last option. Some people have to run lock on in administrative mode, you will hear this a lot with other programs, if you turn this off, most programs would run normally as it should. So you don't need to run it as admin mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I discovered something! When one does have user account control on, the 1.00, 1.1, and 1.12B patch doesn't ask for permission to install until after the install appears complete. I closed the 1.12B installer after an install failure message, and the dang "cancel/allow" prompt was beind it! Eureka! Thank you! I just got done playing the thing at 100+ fps! Over water, over 200! Holy moly it looks even better than I remember! *sniff* It brings a tear of joy to my eyes! Thank you again.