Log Book Errors [Fixed for DCS World 2]

Slick Fork

Hi there,

Just getting into DCS world, had a copy of the original black shark and loved it, now waiting to see if BS2 will have a steam sale soon.

Anyways, in the meantime I'm learning the SU-25T and for some reason the pilot log screen is recording my total time, etc. but if I go into the tab for Su-25T, it's blank. No time, kills, etc. have been recorded as specific to that airplane. Is this a known bug or is there a setting I'm missing?

Cheers,

I'm seeing the same thing with the A10C. Also, the time flown seems to start with about -1 hour. I've flown three campaign missions in a training campaign for a total of about 90 minutes and yet the total time shown in 26mins with the A10C total still showing zero.

WB.

no...one more time...plz fix this asap with a hot fix ! Last time we had to wait weeks to get a fix...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I5 3570K OC@4.2Ghz - Asus P8Z77-v - Gainward Nvidia GTX770 2go - G.Skill 8Go RAM DDR3 - Hotas Cougar + Warthog - TrackIR 5

• ED Team

I know where the logbook is. But I don't want to change it each time I flew and blow something up. Please fix it.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• 7 months later...

Crickets.

On another note, for all those on these forums that celebrate Christmas.......have a Merry Christmas!

Edited by Chief1942
  • Like 1

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

yes I ve stop to play since may. I'm waiting this fix. Would like to take other module...but not without this fix...

I'm waiting since so long. So I play to falcon4 or BOS...but I would like to play to DCS to finish my a10 campaign. It will be hard because since may I ve forget a lot of thing on all the process :(

Don't think they will fix this until 2.0 unfortunatly. That crazy to think that one of the most basic feature in a game (the save) is broken...just crazy. I imagine new player arriving on the game and looking at the logbook (no trace, no history of my progress ? sad)

please ED, realese a quick fix...come on...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I5 3570K OC@4.2Ghz - Asus P8Z77-v - Gainward Nvidia GTX770 2go - G.Skill 8Go RAM DDR3 - Hotas Cougar + Warthog - TrackIR 5

This is a pretty poor bug. The Logbook is the ONLY place to keep track of what you do in DCS. Given the time and effort it takes to learn a new aircraft and get it off the ground, let alone fly sorties and blow stuff up, it speaks volumes of what ED thinks of 'player progression' and 'simple reward tracking'.

Nice one ED. Way to go. 6 months this has been going on.

I've decided to stop buying modules until the very basics are fixed.

Edited by Ghoullees

Log Book Errors [Fixed for DCS World 2]

Logbooks seem to have been broken for sometime now, and I've basically pulled back on my flying as a result, not wanting to take on long compaigns and such until addressed.

A robust multiplayer Logbook would be ideal as well, but perhaps only relevant on 'ranked;' maps or some such thing.

If there is already a fix, I'd love to know what it is ( other than manually fooling around with .lua files - 'I aint got time for that crap!'. )

Time is money. Time is important. The Logbook helps keep track and a semi permanent record of those valuable hours.

Edited by Ghoullees

Best way to analyse missions is with Tacview. Not expensive, and it will give you loads of data.

You should not be forced to buy 3rd party sofware to view your progress in the game lol.

Especially that the game has a section for it, which is just broken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

This issue has been fixed internally, but right now it looks like the changes will have to wait on the release of 2.0 before we will see them.

Thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

This is a pretty poor bug. The Logbook is the ONLY place to keep track of what you do in DCS. Given the time and effort it takes to learn a new aircraft and get it off the ground, let along fly sorties and blow stuff up, it speaks volumes of what ED thinks of 'player progression' and 'simple reward tracking'.

Nice one ED. Way to go. 6 months this has been going on.

I've decided to stop buying modules until the very basics are fixed.

i m doing the same...waiting. And dont play anymore. I play on another flight sim...waiting this fix to come back and buy more module. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

ok it will be fix in dcs world 2. But we have this answer since september. 2.0 should be released before end of 2014...it seems it was not possible.

We have to road map or schedule to say : ok it is delay to q1, q2, end of 2015...or whatever...can you make an effort and give us more info on 2.0 ? If it is in 6 months I will apreciate to have a fix before :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Was wondering why I have no flight hours...how the heck is a logbook porked anyhow?

Oh well!

DrDetroit

IKR! Flight Sim Basics 101. Logbook is your bragging rights. Log book is where you should be able to go to see, "Oh god, I haven't flown the P51D in 6 months" better do a refresher.

So basic. So poor.