Dcs World 1.2.3 and the missing export.lua

Manuel

Hey guys,

I came across 1.2.3 with no HELIOS working anymore. Here is what you have to do.

Go to Game directory/scripts and copy export.lua

Paste it in Game directory/config/export/export.lua

Do your typical script update through HELIOS (Export.lua in the directory config/exports gets modified)

Copy the file export.lua back to Game directory/scripts

Create a new folder in USERNAME/Saved Games/DCS named "Scripts"

Copy again export.lua in that specific folder.

Now it should all work. At least it did on my setup.

Good luck and happy landings.

• Like 4

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

I believe this change should also mean it is no longer possible for multiplayer server hosts to block all your favorite export mods, though c0ff might have gotten creative on us. I haven't checked yet.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Has the export.lua layout changed or could we just backup our 1.2.2 export.lua from Config\Export and then after updating to 1.2.3, copy that to \scripts and Saved Games\DCS\Scripts?

Is it actually necessary to have it in both those locations?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Yep, even using JSGME I'm nervous that a file in one of the mods I use has been updated and that re-installing the mod after updating will cause problems. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do other than manually compare every single mod file with the originals to see if there's any glaringly obvious differences. I could of course just use them and hope but then I'll have no way of knowing if any problems are due to a wrong/outdated setting in one of the files.

Guess there's no way round this though, other than bug the authors of each mod to check them to ensure they're still compatible.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

These are some of the changes ED is making so in the future the auto updater won't "break" mods.

Growing pains for sure but in the long run a good thing!

Interesting. I guess it's impossible to ensure the mods don't "break" the update though, which is more of an issue as it's easy enough to disable the mods before updating and re-enable them afterwards to prevent the update messing with them.

Manuel thanks for the fix, but what do you mean by "Do your typical script update through HELIOS (Export.lua in the directory config/exports gets modified)"?

I think he means:

Open Helios Profile Editor as Administrator, add interface, choose the sim from the list. Then you must "refresh" the install path.

By the way, the DCS World updater replaces your modified CDU, UHF-radio, etc. init.lua-files if you have exported them to multiple screens. You have to restore your modified files manually.

By the way, the DCS World updater replaces your modified CDU, UHF-radio, etc. init.lua-files if you have exported them to multiple screens. You have to restore your modified files manually.

Which is a perfect time to use the new version of EMC from icemaker.

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/270123/

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

there is no Export file in my C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config

thx

That is exactly the problem. You have to create the export folder and then copy export.lua from GD/scripts into GD/config/export.

That is necessary to modify the file through helios as it searches in the export folder which does not exist in 1.2.3

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Nice everything works fine now thx a lot to Manuel and the others

:thumbup::pilotfly:

Glad I could help.

• Like 1

For a more detailed approach please consider:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102034

I have found that the 1.2.3 update does nothing that is kept after Helios Profile Editor changes the Export.lua.

This means that the fix after 1.2.3 update becomes much simpler, 2 steps:

1. Create a new folder called Scripts in [DCS World User Settings Folder]

2. Copy Export.lua from [DCS World Program Folder]\_backup.000\Config\Export to [DCS World User Settings Folder]\Scripts

Please find your 2 base folders because they can be different.

In my case (Windows XP) these 2 folders are:

[DCS World Program Folder]=C:\DCS_World

[DCS World User Settings Folder]=C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\DCS

For the Windows 8 I have it:

[DCS World Program Folder]=C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

[DCS World User Settings Folder]=C:\Users\Admin\Saved Games\DCS

Default installation for Windows 7 and Vista should be the same as above, but of course with your name instead of Admin.

Question-

I don't run Helios or anything that uses the export file... But as a server I do want guys to be able to use their gizmos... What I read from speed seems to suggest that I don't need to modify my export.lua anymore to allow clients to use their helios etc systems... True?

Or do I need to implement these mods in order to make that happen? Thanks.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art