AOR maps rather than country maps

Notso

What I don't get is why we are so limited in size of maps. I'd love to have an Afghan map. Or an Iraq map. But in reality, I'd rather have a "Theater" map. To make the most out of an Afghanistan scenario - you would need Afghanistan, W, Pakistan, the Gulf of Oman and the UAE and Bahrain. And probably a bit of Tajikistan.

Same with Iraq - you would need Iraq, Turkey, the GCC states and the Persian Gulf to make it accurate for the basing for a modern Iraq conflict.

For a Korean scenario - you need N & S Korea, Japan, Guam, etc.

Can we stop focusing on Countries and more on overall historical regional AORs? Conflicts rarely span one or two nations.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

We do have area maps, not single country maps. The size is dictated by the quality, which takes time, and that makes large demands on the hardware requirements - mainly RAM and VRAM. So keeping the current quality and map engine we are limited to the sizes you see. To get larger sizes the quality would have to suffer or you'd have to choose the area that is less populated or change the map engine. The Marianas are going to be larger afaik.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...