Nellis AFB - AI runway choice

I wonder what "scheme" the AI follows to choose a takeoff and landing RWY.

I tried several headwind settings for the genreall direction 03 and 21 up to 15 knots @ 3000MSL

Always tried multiple A/C for arrival and departure per test. (placed them equaly spaced on the airfield and in air arround it)

AI always seems to take off from 03R, only once it choose 03L, even with 10-15 knots tailwind

AI always uses 21 for landing, most of the time 21L, even with 15 knots tailwind.

Takeoff @03R and landing @21L is a bad combination... it's the same...

If many AI-A/C are waiting for recovery, its getting crowed north of the field. Bad for clients.

In addition to that most departure procedures do a west bound / north bound (left) turn after takeing off from 03. (FYTTR (+low), DREAM (+low), TAC-west/-north)

So they cross the approach sector of 21R.

In low wind conditions I would preffer having everyone (AI) for T/O at 03L and simultaneously having 03R for arrival.

I know that 21 is used most of times, because of noise, but then at least 21L + 03L would be better than indeterminable or 03R + 21L...

Alias in Discord: Mailman

From the Flight OPS: Primary Runway Designation.

4.1.2. RWY 21 is the calm wind runway. When prevailing headwind/tailwind component exceeds 10 knots, the runway most nearly aligned with the winds will be designated the active runway.

4.1.3. RWY 03 will be used daily from 2200L to 0800L for departures and RWY 21 for arrivals unless winds , air traffic volume or operational requirements dictate otherwise

So 03 woulf be mainly for night time ops then...

Alias in Discord: Mailman

try transport or aircrafts with no live weapons aboard.

unless Im mistaken, 03R and 21L are used if live bombs are employed, so it´s safer the aircrafts involved are farther from the main fighter ramp.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle