AI troubles

In M1 and M2 I'm unable to get Blue flight to attack the primary targets.

I wait up at the airfield and we fly to the target area. After tally calls by my wingmen I order my flight to attack ground targets and Blue flight to attack mission primary via F10. Blue flight responds via radio, but don't follow the orders. In M1 they happily fly on toward WP3 and in M2

they just circle around

after the Migs are disposed of.

Any tips?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Hi,

I just re-tested it, it works fine on my end. Are you sure it's blue flight that ignores the orders?

In that case, it can be because as soon as they are far from you (pprox 6-7 miles) , their No.1 priority becomes to rejoin you. So make sure you approach the target in formation, fly at 80% RPM so that they can keep up. Also note, that sometimes they will fly away for a bit only to turn back to do their bombing run. This is some modern jet AI behavior.

If it's red flight, that is, your flight that's ignoring the orders, that's something I've seen before, and not only in my missions. Make sure you tell them to "attack mission and rejoin". If that doesn't work, try the "attack ground targets" command.

In mission 1 you are not supposed to attack the MIGs. In mission 2, once they're down, you need to give orders to attack ground targets again.

Edited by Reflected

Hi,

I just re-tested it, it works fine on my end. Are you sure it's blue flight that ignores the orders?

In that case, it can be because as soon as they are far from you (pprox 6-7 miles) , their No.1 priority becomes to rejoin you. So make sure you approach the target in formation, fly at 80% RPM so that they can keep up. Also note, that sometimes they will fly away for a bit only to turn back to do their bombing run. This is some modern jet AI behavior.

If it's red flight, that is, your flight that's ignoring the orders, that's something I've seen before, and not only in my missions. Make sure you tell them to "attack mission and rejoin". If that doesn't work, try the "attack ground targets" command.

In mission 1 you are not supposed to attack the MIGs. In mission 2, once they're down, you need to give orders to attack ground targets again.

My (Red) flight attacks when issued the "attack ground targets" command; doesn't when ordered "attack primary and rejoin" (in this case, they immediatly respond with "rejoin")

I did everything as you suggested in the spoiler tags. Will try to better nurse Blue flight along to the target area.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

My (Red) flight attacks when issued the "attack ground targets" command; doesn't when ordered "attack primary and rejoin" (in this case, they immediatly respond with "rejoin")

I did everything as you suggested in the spoiler tags. Will try to better nurse Blue flight along to the target area.

Yes AI do need some adult supervision. :megalol: :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

After hearing the same feedback from different people, I had a look at the ability of the player's flight to attack primary target (Engage mission and rejoin)

In order to assign a primary target to the player's flight, I add an advanced waypoint action "attack group" at WP0 - the only waypoint the player is surely gonna overfly. Until recently, it worked OK, I issued the "engage mission and rejoin" command, and my wingmen attacked the target.

Recently something has changed. It seems that as soon as the player overflies another waypoint, the flight forgets the attack group tasking. I submitted this report to ED. Until it's fixed, I found a workaround and assigned the task to each waypoint, and updated my HOTY missions and sent them to ED to be included in one of the upcoming updates.

Thanks for the reports!

• 4 months later...

Bug???

Ok, now I don't know if anybody else is having this problem as I've tried to start this campaign numerous times. In the beginning of the flight,when I start my engine, these two trucks pull up in to the taxiway. They look like green cargo trucks with slatted boards on the side. They pull right up into the taxiway and my wingman seem to clip it, then it explodes in a minute or two and the pilots punch out. Major aggravation. I've deleted, reinstalled...same effect.

Ok, now I don't know if anybody else is having this problem as I've tried to start this campaign numerous times. In the beginning of the flight,when I start my engine, these two trucks pull up in to the taxiway. They look like green cargo trucks with slatted boards on the side. They pull right up into the taxiway and my wingman seem to clip it, then it explodes in a minute or two and the pilots punch out. Major aggravation. I've deleted, reinstalled...same effect.

Currently there is a general AI bug that makes the AI taxi blindfolded. They crash into whatever is in theri way - even you. This will be fixed in the next open beta update, and all missions will work again.